Aztec Farewell Dinner - KADS 1/11/13

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
Wayne's pointed out I'm going to get the Aztec impounded by Texas customs if I don't stop for dinner in Dallas. So I'll plan on KADS. How about plan on a 5:30 PM landing at KADS and then dinner at 6 nearby?

Need a volunteer to coordinate airport pickup (and recommend which FBO) and make reservations. Texas Land & Cattle again work for everyone?

Who's in? :D

If same TL&C as last time, sure... I'm in.

Hmmm... I'm at KADS as we speak (type). Yes I know I didn't let anyone know but the weather is crappy today and there will definitely be other times.

I don't have any clue about 100LL prices at FBOs around here but MillionAir has good service and nice scenery (if you are a guy).

Hmmm... I'm at KADS as we speak (type). Yes I know I didn't let anyone know but the weather is crappy today and there will definitely be other times.

Too bad you can't convince your passengers to operate out of KDTO :D

You wouldn't like it as much now since they were forced to close. Atlantic is the next location north, and happens to be where Alexb and I have been chatting for a while today. The Boy Scouts are going to think he's a great guy when they see the goodies he donated to them.

I went to Landmark last time I was there. I liked it.

There is no TX Land & Cattle in Addison. None of them are particularly close, to tell the truth.

---

I'll be glad to collect you from the airport.

Also, seems possible that Amber Nolan (Jet Hiking Gypsy) *may* be in Dallas arriving Friday. Not sure yet...

Yeah, the crew could go stand in front of the Peterbuilt plant and check out the paint jobs.

Too bad you can't convince your passengers to operate out of KDTO :D

There is no TX Land & Cattle in Addison. None of them are particularly close, to tell the truth.

---

Also, seems possible that Amber Nolan (Jet Hiking Gypsy) *may* be in Dallas arriving Friday. Not sure yet...

I think Ted was talking about the one we were at last time, near Turtle Creek and Lemmon.

Salt Grass is almost the same and just down the street from the airport.

---

I think Ted was talking about the one we were at last time, near Turtle Creek and Lemmon.

Oh yeah. That's cool, I guess. No way, no how, not on a bet, will you get from Addison to Lemmon and Cole in thirty minutes. Nor would you want to try.

Maybe a good idea to try someplace closer to KADS? Addison has (or so they say) more restaurants per resident than any other city. True, not, there's a rat's nest of the places, most pretty darned good.

Salt Grass works. I don't really care where we go, so long as everyone shows up at the same place. Y'all decide :)

Alright, so Salt Grass near ADS at 6 PM Friday, so far we have Spike, David W, Dave S, Ted, Wayne, and Mike. Any spouses coming?

Spike, could I ask you to make the reservation?

Wayne, could I ask you to pick me up at ADS from Atlantic?

I'm in! I only know of the saltgrass down at Midway and LBJ... internet doesnt show one in addison. Have you been to La Zaranda? AMAZING mexican & seafood! Right by Kenny's Wood Grill. Addison Walk.

Anyway, I'm in, and can pick you up if you need Ted. Just someone tell me which saltgrass or whereever.

Salt Grass better for me to.

No spouse...

Sure. Just you and the lad?

Alright, so Salt Grass near ADS at 6 PM Friday, so far we have Spike, David W, Dave S, Ted, Wayne, and Mike. Any spouses coming?

Spike, could I ask you to make the reservation?

Wayne, could I ask you to pick me up at ADS from Atlantic?

I am going to try to make it, so add me to the list.

I have a possible conflict and will know about Noon on Friday.

Tell me who to PM if I cannot make it so the reservation count is correct.

texasag93

Last edited:
That makes 8 people and counting. :)

Assuming we mean the Saltgrass at Midway & LBJ, right?

Yep, but anywhere is OK with me. I just looked for a similar place as last time but closer to da drome.

Assuming we mean the Saltgrass at Midway & LBJ, right?

Doesn't matter to me much one way or the other, but I do love me some Texas dead cow. :)

Since my ATL trip got busted out. I'd like to go if we can squeeze one more.

Natives are aware that some of it has been deader longer than others. Sometimes that's good news, other times not so much.
Doesn't matter to me much one way or the other, but I do love me some Texas dead cow. :)

Looks like 9 now. Excellent!

A local shelter just promoted a TV station to run a blurb on the evening news that they are full and need to immediately place a number of dogs or start killing. Is that something you want to check on or is that handled by somebody else that coordinates your trips/

A local shelter just promoted a TV station to run a blurb on the evening news that they are full and need to immediately place a number of dogs or start killing. Is that something you want to check on or is that handled by somebody else that coordinates your trips/

We don't handle at that level. The way we work is someone else would find a place those dogs could go, call us, and we'd do the transport.

I am going to try and be there with my better (and prettier) half.

Edit: just me, she already has prior obligations.

Last edited:
Dangit! I picked up a vegas trip... Cant make it.

Reserved for 10 souls, 6:00 P.M. (2400 Zulu).

4101 LBJ Freeway, Farmers Branch.

http://www.saltgrass.com/location-map.asp?loc=SGMW

For those unfamiliar with the area, realize that Saltgrass' own map puts the restaurant on the south side of 635/LBJ. It's actually on the NORTH side (NW corner of 635 and Midway).

THIS is wrong:

attachment.php

THIS is right:

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenShot361.png
    ScreenShot361.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 104
  • ScreenShot362.png
    ScreenShot362.png
    401.9 KB · Views: 107
The secret is that once established on the I-635 service road, stay right until you're past the Golfsmith store in the shopping center, then look to the left for the small strip center that includes the beanery. Turn left to enter.

For those unfamiliar with the area, realize that Saltgrass' own map puts the restaurant on the south side of 635/LBJ. It's actually on the NORTH side (NW corner of 635 and Midway).

THIS is wrong:

attachment.php

THIS is right:

attachment.php

what time do you show up ted? which fbo? i'm flying out of ADS at 6pm... hope to run into ya.

Was hoping y'all meant the Saltgrass that is right up the Tollway from KADS (way closer) -- I'd be able to make it on short notice if so.

Ted and I landed in San Marcos after he flew a most excellent ILS down to 250'. He is staying the night here and continuing to Harlingen in the early AM.

Back