AWG having some issues

BigBadLou

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Lou
Is anybody else seeing this?

On AWG (AviationWeather.Gov for those uninitiated), I wanted to see PIREPs with a graphical interepretation.
http://aviationweather.gov/adds/pireps

In the form, I fill in the place, distance and can get the correct PIREPs.
However, if I check off Plot (that's the important part), I get error: "Sorry, choice invalid or other failure, please try again."
I tried from different browsers but it seems that their form is coded incorrectly.

Anybody else seeing this? If so, I will submit a bug report to them.

Is anybody else seeing this?

On AWG (AviationWeather.Gov for those uninitiated), I wanted to see PIREPs with a graphical interepretation.
http://aviationweather.gov/adds/pireps

In the form, I fill in the place, distance and can get the correct PIREPs.
However, if I check off Plot (that's the important part), I get error: "Sorry, choice invalid or other failure, please try again."
I tried from different browsers but it seems that their form is coded incorrectly.

Anybody else seeing this? If so, I will submit a bug report to them.
give me the parameters you entered and we'll see if I can duplicate the error.

Easy to reproduce. (at least for me)
As usual, type in an airport and get the PIREPs. If there are none, go back and increase the time period.
Now that you're getting a good list of PIREPs, go back and turn on Plot and I wonder if you get the error.
Let me know what you get.

I used KDEN/24 hrs and then all of the other default parameters and got the same error on plot. I'd say it was a bug.

I don't think it's bug. I think there was an other failure.

I get the same error and it looks like a configuration problem:

Only known info: Cannot chdir to /caws/data/adds/www/data/pireps/cgi_pireps

I don't think it's bug. I think there was an other failure.

I get the same error and it looks like a configuration problem:

Only known info: Cannot chdir to /caws/data/adds/www/data/pireps/cgi_pireps
"Configuration failure" translated to my engineer speak as "somebody screwed up". Meaning that somebody deleted something that was not supposed to be deleted.
The path in the error contains "ADDS" which has been killed on AWG anyway so I guess it is a moot point now.
I just love government efficiency and proficiency. :D (sarcasm, obviously)

Or someone deleted some of the things that were supposed to be deleted but didn't delete all the things.

Back