Aw, hurt my feelings!

Ghery

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Ghery Pettit
Got an email from UA a little bit ago. Seems the weather in Chicago tomorrow is making life difficult for the airlines. They said I could change my flight(s) at no cost from CDG to SEA. So I got on their website and had it pull up the options. The first was the same flight from CDG to ORD, then an earlier one to SEA. If weather is an issue, why take that one? The second one leaves CDG an hour an a half earlier and goes through EWR. 6+ hour layover in EWR. OK, we had a 6+ hour layover in ORD, so that no biggie. But, the kicker that made this option worthwhile is that the CDG to EWR leg is in Polaris Business and the EWR to SEA leg is in 1st class. All for the price of our coach tickets. Do you think I jumped on this option? Darned straight I did. I've moved up the taxi reservation from the hotel to CDG (there's an RER strike going on, so my original plan of Metro to Gare du Nord and then RER to CDG is a non-starter) to 5:30 am and we'll ride home in comfort. Yay UA!!! Yay weather!

Good deal! That’s s long trek back west. I did EWR-CDG-EWR every other month for almost 2 years back in the early 2000s. The ride up front makes a HUGE difference to physical and mental condition. Enjoy the ride, food, and sleep!

Good deal! That’s s long trek back west. I did EWR-CDG-EWR every other month for almost 2 years back in the early 2000s. The ride up front makes a HUGE difference to physical and mental condition. Enjoy the ride, food, and sleep!

We did. Now sitting in the United Club at EWR 4+ hours waiting for our flight to SEA. Sorry you had to make the trip so often a decade or so ago. It gets old after a while. This was trip 2 to Europe this year. No more planned for now, just Korea in October.

I came through ORD on United yesterday morning, but they never mentioned swapping flights. It really wasn’t too bad, but we were departing at around 9am before the weather got going there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came through ORD on United yesterday morning, but they never mentioned swapping flights. It really wasn’t too bad, but we were departing at around 9am before the weather got going there.

I think departing when you did was key. I went through KORD yesterday too, landed at 12, left at around 3:45. I got the text about changing flights Thursday afternoon.

Yeah, we caught an early flight out of PIT which left us with about 1.5hr layover at ORD. Pretty smooth for the most part, but some light chip descending into Tulsa though.

Back