Avionics Shop in Ohio

mpowers1984

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
mpowers1984
I just purchased a Piper Cherokee Six PA32-260 and I need to find a good avionics shop around Ohio. I want to update the GNS 430 to a 430W plus I want to have the autopilot looked at. Also, I have a stormscope and DME that I want removed. Any help would be appreciated.

Don't know exactly what part of Ohio you're in but the guys at Medina did a good job for me when I was based there (for about two years). They didn't do any installs for me just various repairs and an IFR cert. Don't recall their name. They were at the extreme SW end of the new hangars down the hill from the old ones. Chris may know.

Conversely, the guy in the main maintenance shop right across from the terminal building, George something, did a few minor things for me and I quickly discovered that he shouldn't be working on a go-kart! (in my opinion of course).

I'm sure the next post will read:

If they are an A&P the FAA says they are qualified. Are you saying you know better? Are you saying having an A&P means they are incompetent to work on aircraft? What are you saying?

Ignore the FAA certification folks, they are just letters behind a name...Hear that A&Ps?

:goofy:

Thanks!! I will look them up. The avionics shop doesn't have to be close to my home base.

There is reputed to be a very good one at Clermont county, home of Sporty's. One of my pals had a bunch of work done a few years ago and was quite pleased.

Chris may know.

I should but I don't. I only deal with the FBO at Medina.

For what it is worth, CAP in Ohio seems really happy with TRM at Ross County KRZT. I know the few times I was down there they were always friendly, willing to answer questions, and timely.

Commander aero-- MGY Call Jack Muskgrave (I send my avionics work there)
Muncie Aviation MIE a little far, but good.
Clermont County Avionics, not sure but haven't heard anything bad

CF airtronics, at Warren Co... I would not recommend this facility.

Mac Micheal at Delaware. He did my GTN 750 installation a couple of years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Commander aero is a great bunch of folk too. Pleasure to deal with.

The guy at New Philadelphia does our club 172. I'll have to get you his name

Back