Sold Avionics for sale

4RNB

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
4RNB
Edit for terms of use violation and to clarify what is written further on.

1. I did not know what this stuff was worth so no prices were posted. I have now removed the listing.

2. THE AVIONCS GUY IS BUYING EVERYTHING. (posted June 24th).

Please close the thread. Mods feel free to do so or eliminate the thread

Last edited:
A 340 just sold on Beechtalk. Not sure what he offer was. Couple hundred I believe it was listed at though.

KX155 even the garbage man might refuse that one.

327, almost worthless. Post it up for half of Garmins flat rate repair cost.

Sky Beacon, worth a little bit more than the 327. Half of retail price at best.

The 175 and Trutrak are the gems of the sale. Right now, since gear is unobtanium someone will probably snatch those up. Post em up for $500 below msrp and see if the fish are biting. You can also contact Boxwell and Fox and see if they are buying, and which one has the better price.

A 340 just sold on Beechtalk. Not sure what he offer was. Couple hundred I believe it was listed at though.

The 175 and Trutrak are the gems of the sale. Right now, since gear is unobtanium someone will probably snatch those up. Post em up for $500 below msrp and see if the fish are biting. You can also contact Boxwell and Fox and see if they are buying, and which one has the better price.

Wow, thank you.

I disagree with this one. As I said in the other thread, I'd estimate about $1400 for a 14v unit with GS and without CDI.

The thing about it is that if you don't count TKM (but we'll get back to that in a minute) and you don't count GPS-combo units, the KX155 is the third most modern NAV/COM you can buy. The only current production NAV/COM on the market is the Garmin GNC255 and the only newer out-of-production is the SL30. The GNC255 is $4800 and the SL30 is $3000-$3500 plus they're a little hard to find.

TKM is really a niche market for slide-in replacements, so nobody is likely to say perhaps upgrade an old Collins NAV/COM for an MX170. And if you already have a KX155 that's failed, you're most likely going to want to slide in a good used one. Sure TKM theoretically sells the MX155, but if you go to their homepage and click on their product lineup it's still listed as "coming soon" despite being introduced 4 years ago.

I disagree with this one. As I said in the other thread, I'd estimate about $1400 for a 14v unit with GS and without CDI.

The thing about it is that if you don't count TKM (but we'll get back to that in a minute) and you don't count GPS-combo units, the KX155 is the third most modern NAV/COM you can buy. The only current production NAV/COM on the market is the Garmin GNC255 and the only newer out-of-production is the SL30. The GNC255 is $4800 and the SL30 is $3000-$3500 plus they're a little hard to find.

TKM is really a niche market for slide-in replacements, so nobody is likely to say perhaps upgrade an old Collins NAV/COM for an MX170. And if you already have a KX155 that's failed, you're most likely going to want to slide in a good used one. Sure TKM theoretically sells the MX155, but if you go to their homepage and click on their product lineup it's still listed as "coming soon" despite being introduced 4 years ago.
coming soon? funny, i have had one in my airplane for 4 years.

soooo….. your logic is that the KX155 is worth a bunch because TKM is making a replacement for it. Got it. I also not you left Icom off the list.

The only thing anyone will want off the KX155 is the front plastic if it’s in good condition. Otherwise, it worth more as scrap silver than as a radio.

soooo….. your logic is that the KX155 is worth a bunch because TKM is making a replacement for it. Got it. I also not you left Icom off the list.

The only thing anyone will want off the KX155 is the front plastic if it’s in good condition. Otherwise, it worth more as scrap silver than as a radio.

your opinion of the value of a kx155 is meaningless. it's worth what the market says it's worth, which is more than what you think it's worth. if people are willing to pay 500, 1000, 1500 for it, then that's what it's worth.

Heck, id buy a good working 14v gs gx155 for $1000. I suspect the op will get more than that for it. $1500-2000 seems to be the market (pm me if you don't get any bites). It's getting hard to find one with a good display. Mine mostly works, but it's clearly on its way out. It does everything I need it to as a second navcom.

Obviously I'd buy a gnc 255 if money was no object. Or a gtn 650. Or a 750. Or a TBM. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

I also not you left Icom off the list.
It does not exist. Prove me wrong by telling us the model# and showing us the webpage of ICOM's panel mount NAV/COM.

I picked up the phone called Tkm and bought one.
I suspect many owners of a broken KX155 are more likely to look at the TKM website and move on rather than do what you did.

It does not exist. Prove me wrong by telling us the model# and showing us the webpage of ICOM's panel mount NAV/COM.
https://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/avionics/panelmount/a220tso/default.aspx
https://sarasotaavionics.com/avionics/ica220

While looking for that I also found the Trig TX56 which looks interesting, but doesn't seem to be for sale yet anywhere:
https://sarasotaavionics.com/avionics/tx56a

I don't know anything about either of these, but they're a bunch cheaper than the GNC255. I agree about TKM...I also assumed they were vaporware. Really no excuse for not having your website up to date these days.

EDIT: Oops...that icom isn't a NAV, just a COM

Last edited:
I'd price it all at half retail and see I could sell the bundle to someone at the local EAA chapter. This would be a bunch of stuff an airplane builder would like, but buying it full price gets pricy. The combo 327/uavionix gives the same functionality as a new mode S, but you can't get the same price.

https://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/avionics/panelmount/a220tso/default.aspx
https://sarasotaavionics.com/avionics/ica220

While looking for that I also found the Trig TX56 which looks interesting, but doesn't seem to be for sale yet anywhere:
https://sarasotaavionics.com/avionics/tx56a

I don't know anything about either of these, but they're a bunch cheaper than the GNC255. I agree about TKM...I also assumed they were vaporware. Really no excuse for not having your website up to date these days.

EDIT: Oops...that icom isn't a NAV, just a COM

only one of those 3 is an actual nav/com and the one that is doesn't even exist yet. another "available in 2022". mark this post so we can check back in 2025 to see if it still says the same thing.

Gotta draw the line somewhere.
Only if the bank/checking account says so.

My dad's Cherokee Six is going to @Jesse Saint over the winter for a much needed upgrade. Everything is coming out. Including the fuses (which Jesse got a kick out of). 2 kx155s with glideslope are about the only thing of value (ADF or DME anyone?). Pretty wild they were at one time not that long ago they were high class. Now regarded by some as junk. And yet would replace my Narco's with them in an instant...if my a/p was comfortable enough and willing to oversee the work.

Only if the bank/checking account says so.

My dad's Cherokee Six is going to @Jesse Saint over the winter for a much needed upgrade. Everything is coming out. Including the fuses (which Jesse got a kick out of). 2 kx155s with glideslope are about the only thing of value (ADF or DME anyone?). Pretty wild they were at one time not that long ago they were high class. Now regarded by some as junk. And yet would replace my Narco's with them in an instant...if my a/p was comfortable enough and willing to oversee the work.
well, if you need a home for one of them, let me know....

your opinion of the value of a kx155 is meaningless. it's worth what the market says it's worth, which is more than what you think it's worth. if people are willing to pay 500, 1000, 1500 for it, then that's what it's worth.

True.

An idiot is born every day I suppose…….

Nothing wrong with a good KX155 if the display is readable. There are still thousands of these in service. GTX327 is a good replacement for an old Narco or King unit. Not everyone can afford to spend big bucks on new avionics. I suggest keeping an eye on prices on ebay.

I bought a new old stock display a couple of years ago and replaced in my shop at home, its a simple plug in change. Well simple if you consider engaging 47 tiny pins all at the same time a non issue! :) Paid $75 for the new display in it's original shipping!

This guy is being pretty flippant becuase its not his gear.

KX155s are selli gfor $2-3k. Let me know when your garbage day is and i will take them off your hands.

A good way to judge current demand is seach for SOLD listings off ebay. Those are real people paying real money for the exact item you have.

Update:

The avionics upgrade is starting. The shop expressed an interest in buying everything. I think the GPS and AP are already destined for a project. If you have interest in any of the other equipment, drop me a PM and I will give you contact info. I am still waiting for permission to blast contact info.

KX155 still available.

Update:

The avionics upgrade is starting. The shop expressed an interest in buying everything. I think the GPS and AP are already destined for a project. If you have interest in any of the other equipment, drop me a PM and I will give you contact info. I am still waiting for permission to blast contact info.

KX155 still available.

display is good on the 155? my radio works fine, just the display goes out randomly, but not always. weird. if it's taking up room in your hangar, I may consider hauling that thing off for you, you know, as a favor......... ;)

display is good on the 155? my radio works fine, just the display goes out randomly, but not always. weird. if it's taking up room in your hangar, I may consider hauling that thing off for you, you know, as a favor......... ;)

Displays good. Perhaps send me a PM

I was able to replace the display in ours for about $75 a couple of years ago. Bought a NOS display off eBay. Not difficult but there are, as I remember 47 little pins on the back that all plug in at the same time.

I was able to replace the display in ours for about $75 a couple of years ago. Bought a NOS display off eBay. Not difficult but there are, as I remember 47 little pins on the back that all plug in at the same time.

WOW ! You should have purchased a lottery ticket that day also !

To be honest, I am not really all that sure what this stuff is worth. I've posted asking feedback on sales prices, not received much. All of this is in good working order and can be observed in operation for the next month. I'm willing to facetime on the ground or attempt video recordings in the air.

Situation: Late April or early May I am taking in my plane for lots of new stuff. This is potentially a two part install as I am waiting on a Garmin G3X PFD. I expect the following equipment to be removed during initial phase of install:

Garmin GMA 340 audio panel 4 place intercom
King KX 155, one VOR, with with GS. Round gauge needles available. Maybe antennas also.
Garmin GTX 327 transponder
Uavionix Sky Beacon ADSB out
Trutrak Vizion two axis AP.
Garmin GPS 175 WaaS

Eventually I expect to have ASI VSI fuel, oil temp/pressure available, timing to be determined.

If interested make me an offer. Explain rationale for the offering price please, just so I can justify the price.

Interested in UAvionics skybeacon. Please let me know if you sold it.

My honest approach is I won't buy something used just to save a few hundred, you take a risk and no warranty.
Tell me how long the warranty is on a new G1000 install. $20k and a 2 year warranty once you send it to them.

Back