Avidyne 440 vs GN355/175/375

Keep the 440. I have an IFD 550 in my aircraft and it is incredible. Get the I-pad app and learn it as you will come to like it and it's ease of use. There will be no home key pushing to get back to a place you forgot how to get back to.
There are lots of great features in both the IFD 440 and the GTN 650, and some differences between them, but I don't think trivialities like the home key are really a differentiator (except maybe in the fertile imaginations of a marketing department).

But fully agree that if I bought a plane with an IFD 440 already installed, I'd keep it, even though I'm used to the GTN 650. The differences between the two are too trivial to justify any expenditure to change one for the other, unless it's for the purpose of integration with other avionics.

I'm considering a GNX355 or a IFD440 . Have an old Apollo 55 in there now. Remove 1 KX155 & sell it. Thoughts on that?

I'm considering a GNX355 or a IFD440 . Have an old Apollo 55 in there now. Remove 1 KX155 & sell it. Thoughts on that?
There's a GNX375 and a GNC355 but there's no such thing as a GNX355. Since you're pulling out GPS capability, NAV (VOR/LOC) capability and COM capability, I'm assuming that you're considering the GNC355. Going that route would mean you're going to be deleting a NAV radio. Do you have another that will remain? Does it have glide slope? If it's a 2nd NAV radio then foregoing it isn't that big a loss in today's IFR environment. In a pinch, I think one could get by in the VOR MON system with just a single NAV radio in case of a GPS outage. However, 2 would be nicer. Also, the 30day VOR checks are much easier with 2 NAV radios.

Going the IFD440 route would mean you get to keep a NAV radio with GS.

Hey, it is the GNC 355.
I currently have 2 kx155, 1 with. 1 without the GS.
I would remove the no GS, other one will be #2 nsvcom.
Sound more like a plan?

I love my IFD 440, but it’s one of those things, you will get used to whatever you fly enough.

Back