Aviator’s Timepiece

Somebody beat me to the sundial. I have two broken Seiko's at home. Once the battery wears out, they are never the same after the battery is replaced. I'm surrounded by clocks on the wall at home; my wife has a clock on the wall in every room but the bathrooms.

At work, my computer has a clock on the terminal, and I have a smart phone for when there are no other timepieces available.

29C2D8A2-264F-4A65-92C5-A7368CDAC420.jpeg

Pretty sure Dad paid less than a hundred bucks for this new, at the factory. I don’t wear it a lot, but I do still wear it.

I'm gettin older so....
a

View attachment 68925

Every time I look at new watches, this is what I think of. Its like the full-on Osama beard, topped off with a man-bun.

I got a FitBit Charge-2. I like that it tracks my heart-rate and reminds me to get off my fat rear and do something. Its also handy to see who the &*&%$# is calling me every time I'm upside down and bassakwards underneath an instrument panel (the wife), or have just sat down to some serious business (the daughter). Oh, and it tells time quite well too!

The Omega X-33 has been serving me well for the last two decades of professional and recreational flying.
DSC_5886.jpg

IMG_2311_zpsh5prwuns.jpg

IMG_0666x.jpg

When I regularly flew across a lot of time zones in a day I quickly discovered the value of a 24 hour face. Heard lots of position reports 12 hours off in the vicinity of the int dateline.

Have Glycene Airman on as I type.

Ernie

I still have my standard Glycine Airman, and always loved the 24 hour dial

Kinda old thread but I just bought a Torgoen T9 GMT to replace the Apple Watch.
Never will have a smart watch as my every day watch again. Especially not when I’m on the line.

So far the T9 seems to be an awesome watch.

I like watches (but I tend to be hard on them) and many years ago my dad gave me a Rolex which I'm afraid to wear. I have a bunch of Citizens, Seikos, etc. But I'm usually wearing only one of two, either a Citizen Eco Drive moon-phase, or the one I have on now, the Seiko dive watch. It's self winding though, and I'm probably not active enough for it, because it regularly looses time.

As others mentioned, its nice that the outer dial turns for timing fuel, etc.

Attachments

• Se.JPG
    Se.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 38
I hate the resin bands myself, prefer solar power that if left out will stay fully charged, analog + digital gives best of both worlds.
For < $50:
00e899a23fdf0868deaa108d526c2fe3.jpg

Tom

View attachment 68921 Butler GMT, keeping it simple: local time, Zulu time, date, Swiss quartz movement.
Only 40mm in size, light in weight. Think I paid approx 0.3 AMU a few years back.
Dang - zactly what I want - local & Zulu, date. And none of the other, usual 23 functions and six buttons for crap I don't care about. Man, I don't want to committ to the training required just for a watch! Thanks!

I'm a huge watch fan but rarely wear one. I have a scar on my hand where a watch got caught on a seat cushion under a helicopter collective. I couldn't get my hand unstuck and I was trying to raise the collective during an autorotation with a student. I finally got my hand free in time to pull the collective to cushion in the flare.

My current favorites (in order) for when I do happen to wear them -

Wife bought me this one for our anniversary. It's custom engraved.

ThinBlueLineMens.jpg

My wife bought me this one when we first got married -
1d93dd3b19ba415b8da5eb9f25c2abad.jpg

My bang around watch

A1G8_1_20120811_19046616.jpg

I like watches (but I tend to be hard on them) and many years ago my dad gave me a Rolex which I'm afraid to wear. .
Wear that bad boy. That's what it's made for. I wear a very expensive watch to the gym and I don't even give it a second thought. I'll take it off before I out my hands into the an engine bay doing work but that's about it. I wear them everywhere.

I carry a $1,250 pocket watch with me all the time. It can also make phone calls and browse the internet!

Back