Aviation Terminology (Mission)

I wouldn't call it work really. Just common terminology amongst a group. Happens in all groups.

I understand. I guess a few people were a little offended or something and feel all the terms in aviation are extremely serious. I guess being a little uptight is part of being a pilot also? :confused:

I understand. I guess a few people were a little offended or something and feel all the terms in aviation are extremely serious. I guess being a little uptight is part of being a pilot also? :confused:

Or being uptight that pilots use different terms, is. ;)

Lol, nope.:rofl:

It's interesting that you are coming into a group and arguing that you have a different interpretation of a commonly used term and then argue that the group should not use the term because you don't like it. If you look up the definition of the word mission on Dictionary.com the military is not mentioned in the definition. The freedictionary.com does mention the military down in definition 6 of the word. Do you wonder in to other specialized areas of knowledge and tell them that your interpretation of common terms in their field of specialty are not the right words to use?

It's interesting that you are coming into a group and arguing that you have a different interpretation of a commonly used term and then argue that the group should not use the term because you don't like it. If you look up the definition of the word mission on Dictionary.com the military is not mentioned in the definition. The freedictionary.com does mention the military down in definition 6 of the word. Do you wonder in to other specialized areas of knowledge and tell them that your interpretation of common terms in their field of specialty are not the right words to use?

Hey relax it's not that serious of a thread. Next time I'll be sure to add tons of smiley faces or something so you guys can understand.

Okay anyone who reads this thread please take note of this post. I AM SORRY FOR MY TRANSGRESSION AGAINST HUMANITY!!!!! FORGIVE ME FOR I HAVE SINNED IN QUESTIONING A TERM IN AVIATION.............HOW MANY LASHINGS SHOULD I RECEIVE FOR THIS!?!?!?!? Is that better guys? :lol

Back