Aviation Sayings

Radar is a marvelous invention controllers use to amuse themselves watching aircraft evade each other.

There are those that have and those that will land gear up.

When the SHTF Don’t run out of altitude, air speed or ideas.

Life is like a penis, when it's soft you can't beat it, when it's hard you get f'ed.

...oh, wait...

"I've spent half of everything I've ever earned on aviation. The rest was just wasted."
I love this

"After an engine failure in an Apache, the second engine isn't capable of taking you to the scene of the accident. You have to push it there yourself."
This is apropos given the other thread!

If you push the stick forward, the houses get bigger, if you pull the stick back they get smaller

There are those that have and those that will land gear up.

There are those tailwheel pilots that have ground-looped...and those that will.
(although I confess I know some that have been flying taildraggers for decades, and haven't yet!).

Never fly the 'A' model of anything.

Never fly anything that doesn't have the paint worn off the rudder pedals.

Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing.

Last edited:
The propeller's actual purpose is to cool the pilot, because you should see him sweat when it stops turning!

That’s a special one to me... when I was a kid I went for a color tour, the pilot let me take the controls and I was hooked, 20 years later when I became a pilot I found out he was my best friends grandpa and a local aviation legend... he had suffered a bad stroke, but I got to take him up with my best friend (who flew with him a lot as a kid) and his son up. It was a real honor to have Jerome sitting right seat... it turned out to be his great grandsons first flight and his last... but the whole time we were up he was throwing out all the sayings, and that ones alway stuck as I hadn’t heard it before.

The circle became even more complete as I got my TW this year and I complimented my TW instructor on his teaching style, he said “I bring a lot of my instructors teaching style when I instruct, he was a great pilot”. I asked who it was,,,, it was Jerome.

Being stupid should be painful.
It often is, to the people around them.

And if you have seen things like live PD, it appears it is often painful to them as well, they just can’t figure out the causal link.

Rule #3. Nobody ever collided with the sky.

The difference between flying and golfing is that you only need one ball to go golfing.

Back