Aviation-related jobs...

jfrye01

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jacob Frye
I'm wondering what aviation-related job would be best...A little background: I'm 20 years old and going to school weekday mornings. Anyone have any advice? I'm thinking line service would be great...I just need to work around flying machines;)

I worked the line as a younger person. Loved it ,was a great experience,you won't get rich. Started my flying lessons while working the ramp.

What are you studying in school?

Maybe A/P??

Job as a mechanic with an FBO....discount on flight training...meet aircraft owners...build hours....job as professional pilot??

Line service or get a job at your flight school doing customer service. I work at a flight school right now and even though I don't get to fly, I'm still surrounded by aviation. And the good thing is after I get my CFI, they wil give me a job which is sweet.

Last edited:
The military. Be a mech or air traffic controller during the day, have your school paid for at night and get your PPL on weekends. By the time you're ready to get out you can either stay in and apply for OCS or get out and become a CFI.

The military. Be a mech or air traffic controller during the day, have your school paid for at night and get your PPL on weekends. By the time you're ready to get out you can either stay in and apply for OCS or get out and become a CFI.

As long as you're down with the mission

Line service or get a job at your flight school doing customer service. I work at a flight school right now and even though I don't get to fly, I'm still surrounded by aviation. And the good thing is after I get my CFI, they wil give me a job which is sweet.

Famous last words. :rolleyes:

I'm wondering what aviation-related job would be best...A little background: I'm 20 years old and going to school weekday mornings. Anyone have any advice? I'm thinking line service would be great...I just need to work around flying machines;)

I work operations at an airport currently - first job out of college. I get to be around planes all day and get experience and build on my résumé a bit, and get paid more than minimum wage to do it to boot. Getting to know pilots around the airport is great too. 23 here btw :p

Gotta start somewhere!

I got hired with 300TT (8.8 multi) flying a twin cross country.

Sometimes you just get lucky, too. Always keep your options open and be considerate to everyone... unless they're an ass. Then, be an ass back.

I got hired with 300TT (8.8 multi) flying a twin cross country.

Sometimes you just get lucky, too. Always keep your options open and be considerate to everyone... unless they're an ass. Then, be an ass back.
Wow that's great. How did you swing that?

Wow that's great. How did you swing that?
similar for me. Just show up for work on time and sober. You'd be amazed how many people can't meet that hurdle. The bar isn't set too high.

You could put an app in with Lloyd at Augusta. The fuel is self serve, but they pull the planes in and out. Midwest corporate or Yingling would have a lot more activity, but further away. Are your classes in Wichita or Eldorado?

Someone still has to pull weeds around the hangar...

A&P apprentice, stick with it and get a gang of connections, end up with your CFI and A&P, you won't have trouble finding a job!

Back