aviation perfection

flyin'gator

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
flyin'gator
Had a serendipitous opportunity to fly right seat in a PC12NG last night.
KFWS-KSGR- diverted 30NM south of SAT and around the backside to get around the line of storms that blasted Houston last night.

all I can say is, if I never fly another airplane again, I will have tasted the sweet nectar of aviation perfection. -Kind of like that guy who had the sign in MSG after the Rangers won the '94 Stanley Cup which read "Now I can Die in Peace".:D

10462999_963811646983722_8428746443058124912_n.jpg

11329821_963811636983723_6131013318995523245_n.jpg

Meh. Saw the thread title and figured you must have seen one of my landings. :)

Nice, they are cool airplanes, they get up and scoot but it's amazing how slow you can bring one into a short field too.

Gotta admit I'm jealous of that glass panel!

My former CFI got a gig flying a corporate PC-12 and i got to take a look around, its great inside. Very jealous you got to take a ride!!

I once owned a share of a pa20 and would fly low over the salt marsh between KCRG and KSAV quite often - also a fantastic experience- the capabilities of this bird are just awe inspiring in a different way- a way I happen to prefer. Plenty of photos of that crazy storm to our East but then I would catch flack about posting cloud tops of 45k instead of 65k by one of the experts!:D

Last edited:
Curious. What's the glide ratio of a wing suit?

For the OP... A PC12 would be pretty close to perfection for me too.

...i dream of winning the big lottery and having one of these waiting for me in my hangar. Glad you had the chance to fly right seat...must have been a blast!

The PC12 is a great plane, just not one someone would fly for the joy of flight, she's designed to be hands off above 1k, coupled to a coupled mis type of plane.

One of those babies flew in to KCHK this evening to pick up some passengers and quickly took off again. They are very sweet. The thing just looked and sounded smooth as silk. I swear a 182 makes more noise on takeoff.

Back