Aviation Love

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
I spent some time tonight merging pictures and video that I've collected over time. Forgive the poor quality of the crop dusting parts--it's very old video. The flying is all either my grandpa, dad, me, or Tristan. It really shows how aviation has effected my life.

I think the end result is pretty cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j5s_ec8vDA

Aww Jesse, don't worry, we'll ALWAYS slap you, whether you need it or not! And Tristan will just keep on smiling, and you'll smile too! :) Nice job!

You're right, some of the video shows its age, but that just makes the love more apparent. And the songs were perfect accompaniment.

Like the Gastons shots. And Tristan's Hand Dance made me laugh aloud!

Wow, what an awesome video!! I really love how it goes from your grandpa's stearman days up to you flying the Diamond. Nice music too! ;)

The only part I might blush on is me dancing in the cockpit!

Great Job Jess!

Pretty good Jesse, I like the old shots, gives more umph to the video!

Cool video, Jesse. What were those songs?

Dwayne O' Brian (Singer from Little Texas) produced a CD called "Song Pilot." Jesse actualy picked two among my favorites, "Biplane" and "People, places, and planes." He has other neat songs like "High Flight" which is from the poem usualy seen on plaques, "Unusual attitudes" which is a cool upbeat tune for the aerobatic types, and "Crystal Ocean" which relates flying to sailing on the sea....these are just a few off of his album.

Lordy, was that the Macarena?!? :rofl:
Can't be sure until you get an in-person demonstration.... like at Gaston's???

Jesse, very nice. Question: in the early part, where I take it your grandfather is dusting in the Stearman. On several passes there is a spot in the middle of the field where the dusting stops, then resumes after the spot is passed. What's that all about? Road? Nude Beach? We wanna know!

-Skip

On several passes there is a spot in the middle of the field where the dusting stops, then resumes after the spot is passed. -Skip

I believe it was a small stream. Mighta been for irrigation.

Last edited:
Marvelous. Simply marvelous.

Forgive the poor quality of the crop dusting parts--it's very old video.
I think the crop dusting video is great! You're lucky someone had the idea to shoot it and keep it all these years. How long ago was that? 1960s?

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. The song inspired me when I heard it.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. The song inspired me when I heard it.

Like the old footage that was saved for you, save your movies for your future kids.

Wow Jesse, what a great video! The first part about the duster and the song "Biplane" with the words "a father and a son" actually gave me goosebumps. :yes: What great memories you must have from your childhood being around airplanes so much.

The 'Tristan' segments were good too. :) I'm wondering if she will be giving lessons in those hand signals at Gaston's. ;)

Where were you camping with the airplane...was that at OSH?

Thanks for sharing your video with us. I enjoyed it. :)

Wow, what an awesome video!! I really love how it goes from your grandpa's stearman days up to you flying the Diamond. Nice music too! ;)

The only part I might blush on is me dancing in the cockpit!

Great Job Jess!

Is that what you were doing, I thought you were Italian and talking with your hands, lol.

Nice video Jesse, some really great footage.

Wow Jesse, what a great video! The first part about the duster and the song "Biplane" with the words "a father and a son" actually gave me goosebumps. :yes: What great memories you must have from your childhood being around airplanes so much.

Thanks. I wish I had a lot more memories then I do have. But at least I have some pictures.

The 'Tristan' segments were good too. :) I'm wondering if she will be giving lessons in those hand signals at Gaston's. ;)
She had no idea I recorded that. I'm sneaky sometimes with my camera :)

Where were you camping with the airplane...was that at OSH?
That was at OSH. I was 17 and had just got my private. Decided I wanted to fly to OSH and off I went. I think I had around 60 hours--had no problems.

HAHA there wont be any demonstrations! Jesse caught me playing in the 172 when I wasn't looking. Its actualy to one of Dwayne O Brian's song but with the band "Little Texas." My mom taught me when I was young some silly hand moves to "God Bless Texas" and it kinda stuck. Although its fun goofing off in the plane sometimes, hehe.

I deffinitly think its really cool how Jesse has a whole past in flying. I wish my family did. I just had to be the oddball and say, "mommy, I wanna be a pilot." Its a rough road, but I will never doubt thats where my heart belongs and I don't think Jesse will either.

Notes of a true pilot:
Always requesting the window seat
Always looking up at passing airplanes
Naming every plane in the pattern
Bringing a scanner on road trips
Still throw paper gliders
Always smiling in your heart when someone tells an airplane story

Forever Free, Forever Flying,
Tristan PP-ASEL

Cool video. I especially like the second half.

I deffinitly think its really cool how Jesse has a whole past in flying. I wish my family did. I just had to be the oddball and say, "mommy, I wanna be a pilot."

I know that feeling. No one in my family flies. No one has ever really had an interest in it. It's weird being the first in your family. Are you wanting to make a career of it?

I know that feeling. No one in my family flies. No one has ever really had an interest in it. It's weird being the first in your family.

My father was just as nuts about flying as I am, but because of a heart problem, he never got to do it. Watching that video and hearing that song at the beginning brought tears to my eyes thinking about how he would have loved to do it.

Good job on the video Jesse, even if it did cause me to get all choked up in front my staff! :D

I just had to be the oddball and say, "mommy, I wanna be a pilot." Its a rough road, but I will never doubt thats where my heart belongs and I don't think Jesse will either.

My dad flew in the war (WW2) so that helped install the love of airplanes. He never flew after the war at all nor did he ever get to see me become a pilot. He best friend stayed with it and eventually flew for North Central Airlines. He died in a midair over Appleton Wisconsin. The result of which is the reason that part 121 ops must alway fly IFR.

But I do know what you mean, no one in my family was interested in engineering, radio, electronics, etc.

What a wonderful, heartwarming thing to do. I'm touched; and that just doesn't happen often.

Way to go Jesse. Quite a thing to do with your Dad's film and quite a lady with you.

Best,

Dave

Hey, nice video. I liked the old home-movies and the segment filmed while flying just above the clouds. Now I need to get that same passion fired up in the rest of my family.

PS - The first thing that came to my mind was NOT the Macarena, but the Happy Hands club from Napoleon Dynamite.

It turned out to be too intense for narrow-band in the car so I watched when I got home...

Great Video Compilation! Very well done.

Awesome vid, Jesse!

I think it's safe to say that you have some of the RAREST video of a Stearman actually spraying!! Don't see that very often!

I know that feeling. No one in my family flies. No one has ever really had an interest in it. It's weird being the first in your family. Are you wanting to make a career of it?
Yes, I hope to go into corporate aviation.

That Stearman is still registered (as of 06) to a guy in ELYSIAN MN.

Nice work. Reminds me I still have to get my dads 2 minute 8mm color film of his P-38 squadron digitized. Priceless stuff. Thanks for sharing it.

MM

Back