Aviation License Plate

I wouldn't put an N number on my license plate. Your N number has your home address online and if anyone got ticked off at your driving they could find you.

or if someone thought you were cute, you could have a stalker on your hands! mmmmmmmmmmm nah, never happen :D

Good point, Beth.

I am so proud of my tail number that I would personally take the risk. I'm also a big guy with big arms :D

But in all seriousness, you have a good point. At least with normal plates, only police can find your home address.

Good point, Beth.

I am so proud of my tail number that I would personally take the risk. I'm also a big guy with big arms :D

But in all seriousness, you have a good point. At least with normal plates, only police can find your home address.
Until a few years ago, anyone could go to the DMV and obtain a copy of your driving record and your personal information. After a television station reporter was tracked down by a stalker, the law was changed.

I wish the FAA would restrict access or allow an individual to block their personal data on the FAA site. It takes next to nothing to retrieve a huge block of data on one or more pilots. From what I've heard, it's open now only because some marketing agencies lobbied them to keep it open.

I wouldn't put an N number on my license plate. Your N number has your home address online and if anyone got ticked off at your driving they could find you.

or if someone thought you were cute, you could have a stalker on your hands! mmmmmmmmmmm nah, never happen :D

very true ham radio plates do the same thing. Shoot, I once was cut off by a guy with ham plates. I looked up his callsign, got his address and sent him a nasty gram about his lack of driving skills. I signed Nick's name though ;)

Good point, Beth.

girls think of these things...

did you say guys? ar ar ar

I remember when caller ID first came out, I told a guy I had recently started dating I had it, he said "mental note: don't stalk Beth". hahahahah

My PA plate if FLYBOY1. I'm not a big fan of vanity plates but my daughter got it for me for fathers day so I love it. Apparently its not availble in Michigan.

My PA plate if FLYBOY1. I'm not a big fan of vanity plates but my daughter got it for me for fathers day so I love it. Apparently its not availble in Michigan.

We had a laugh at that, btw, because if I'm not mistaken, you drive a Honda Pilot too, don't you?

If it says not available, then someone has it, or it's "profane". I punched in my buddy's personalized plate to see if it would show it, and it came back with not available. So they must have the preview screen tied to the SOS database.

These are available:

http://services1.sos.state.mi.us/pl...PI;TSRAFC&manPlate=TSRA FC&vtype=&ptrn=AAAAAA

http://services1.sos.state.mi.us/pl...PI;CLR4T0&manPlate=CLR 4T0&vtype=&ptrn=AAA9A9

Until a few years ago, anyone could go to the DMV and obtain a copy of your driving record and your personal information. After a television station reporter was tracked down by a stalker, the law was changed.

I wish the FAA would restrict access or allow an individual to block their personal data on the FAA site. It takes next to nothing to retrieve a huge block of data on one or more pilots. From what I've heard, it's open now only because some marketing agencies lobbied them to keep it open.

You're not required to have your home address on aircraft registration. Harrison Ford did, but he changed it.

I'll use a P.O. Box.

So I just got a new truck (2007 Metallic Orange Colorado) andeffective this year Michigan is changing over their white on blue license plates to a blah blue on white one. They also have a bunch of specialty plates. I've decided on the Spectacular Peninsula one, but am going to go with an aviation themed license plate. I've kicked around a couple ideas, but would like to see what the PoA brain trust might come up with for me.

Here's a couple I came up with:

http://services1.sos.state.mi.us/pl...lt=PPI;CAVU&manPlate=CAVU &vtype=&ptrn=AAAA
Damn you, [E|Fre]d(2)! :D

I just bought CAVU in Illinois. You owe me $125.

I dunno why I have to pay for the year twice, but dey need the money.

Last edited:
I bought 206AV8R for dad and V35DRVR for myself. I do like the CAVU one though.

I like CAVU as well. I wonder if we can get that on a car in every state.

Maybe CAVU for my bike, and SQWKVFR for the truck.

Damn you, [E|Fre]d(2)! :D

I just bought CAVU in Illinois. You owe me $125.

I dunno why I have to pay for the year twice, but dey need the money.

It is arrive.

Attachments

• cavu plate 600x310.jpg
    cavu plate 600x310.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 12
Back