Aviation Insurance

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
Anybody got an insurance company they like? I've got the 182 with an outfit in the midwest that won't take the time and trouble to take plastic or electronic payments ... paper checks only ... and that is a pain in the labonza.

Straight personal airplane, one pilot, nothing out of the ordinary. liability and hull are all I need.

Thanks,

Jim

Thomas P. Fry

HOWARD FRY & SON, INC.
13862 Smokey Ridge Drive
Carmel, IN 46033
Tel: (800) 408-2621 / 317-815-9000
Fax: 317-815-9100
Email: hfs@howardfry.com
Web: www.howardfry.com

He is awesome. Gets back to you very quick, easy to work with. I have really liked working with him, and I have had several.

I used avemco for years. This year got a better quote from AOPA ( AIG) saved 500 and kept a higher agreed upon value.

Travers gave me the best deal... but I did have to send them a check. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with.

I always liked nationair

Thomas P. Fry

HOWARD FRY & SON, INC.
13862 Smokey Ridge Drive
Carmel, IN 46033
Tel: (800) 408-2621 / 317-815-9000
Fax: 317-815-9100
Email: hfs@howardfry.com
Web: www.howardfry.com

He is awesome. Gets back to you very quick, easy to work with. I have really liked working with him, and I have had several.

I agree and as of 5 November I am with him.

THanks for the pointer.

Jim

Travers gave me the best deal... but I did have to send them a check. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with.

They got me a good deal as well, they managed to do an electronic funds transfer with routing & account number.

Mine is thru FALCON INSURANCE (EAA). No claim experience but they have been easy to work with and accept my internet Bank cheques. Never tried to use plastic on them. Have a payment coming up and will try it to see.

Mine is from Global Aerospace through a broker. The policy and price seems reasonable.

There are only 4-5 companies in the business.

AIG(!) is not USAIG.

Anybody got an insurance company they like? I've got the 182 with an outfit in the midwest that won't take the time and trouble to take plastic or electronic payments ... paper checks only ... and that is a pain in the labonza.

Straight personal airplane, one pilot, nothing out of the ordinary. liability and hull are all I need.

Thanks,

Jim

Mindboggled me too....with my small buisness insurers will only take checks for liability and bond too.

Bill pay through banks usually send a check not sure if they will accept this...never tried since they were so silly about it in the first place.

Mindboggled me too....with my small buisness insurers will only take checks for liability and bond too.

Bill pay through banks usually send a check not sure if they will accept this...never tried since they were so silly about it in the first place.

I asked why they weren't set up to take credit cards, "To keep our rates down, we don't have to pass the costs on to customers" The next day they pulled a "sweep" with a check number.:lol:

I asked why they weren't set up to take credit cards, "To keep our rates down, we don't have to pass the costs on to customers" The next day they pulled a "sweep" with a check number.:lol:

And that is bullroar also. As I recall, COngress passed a law that said that DEBIT (not CREDIT) cards could only be charged a 35c fee as it was not billed to the company and was a direct deposit and not a credit wait.

Correct me if I am wrong about the 35c

Jim

Why they won't take credit or debit is a mystery???

any insurance agents out there with insight???

Cost is never an issue....they can always build that into a quote....so what's the real reason?

any insurance agents out there with insight???

Cost is never an issue....they can always build that into a quote....so what's the real reason?

Most likely regulations. You can't buy life insurance on a credit card ever...

It doesn't have to be federal, if a few states have a rule it is just easier for them to make the policy country wide...

I didn't give a damn about credit or debit, I just wanted to pay online. Credit/debit/paypal/direct transfer/pennies in the fountain ... I didn't care.

Last I remember COngress passed a bill that debit transactions couldn't be billed at more than 35c. But that is my old geezer's memory. Anybody else is invited to chime in.

Jim

And that is bullroar also. As I recall, COngress passed a law that said that DEBIT (not CREDIT) cards could only be charged a 35c fee as it was not billed to the company and was a direct deposit and not a credit wait.

Correct me if I am wrong about the 35c

Jim

I don't know for sure, but I don't think that's right.

My only thought is.....I pay 1500 buck say for a yr of insurance on something...they accept on credit....I get into accident day or week later.......they pay but im not happy with the result....might have something to do with consumer protection on card holders end?? Product didnt perform as advertised.(speculation at best...and most likely bad example)

Think that's why insurance guys don't say much...don't want to open can of worms...hence check or cash only.

Every time you charge on a credit or debit card the merchant deposits the charge into his bank account. The bank takes a fee, like 2% of the charge on the card (it depends on the agreement with the merchant and bank) and then puts the rest of the money into the merchant's account. So some places don't take credit cards because they don't want to pay that fee.

First time I've ever heard this. Home, auto, motorcycle, RV...I've bought and paid for them all with credit cards. It's a great spend that goes towards monthly points, and I pay it off after that.

Unless it's something specific to aviation, or the agents in aviation, I've never heard of insurance not accepting credit cards. It's not been my experience.

Back