Aviation goals/plans for 2008

Ed, in all seriousness. And if this is a troll, and I bite, well, you got me.

Sort of is, sort of isn't.

April is out, too cold, and still snow on the field.

May is out - still a bit chilly, and we have Wings Fly B Q.

June is out - Gaston's.

July /August - Any weekend in those months is too close to OSH/4th of July. "Well we were just up there 2 weeks ago, the date is too close to OSH or our 4th of July trip to ( )"

September - after Labor Day weather goes south in a hurry.

So unless Gaston's gets moved to September, which will never, ever happen, I'm "stuck" with the Labor Day weekend.

I still consider it a snub considering all the fly in's I go to.

Renew medical and get BFR taken care of, along with a number of refresher hours.

Also plan on paying off the car and moving to a new job, both of which should assist in the cost of flying.

1. Get in my 6 approaches/holds/tracking to regain my IFR currency
2. Teach 2 Aircraft Dispatcher courses (part time gig at Jepp)
3. Sell my house in Atlanta - Not directly aviation related, but I can't do 4-6 without completing #3
4. Start/Finish CFI/CFII
5. Tailwheel Endorsement
6. High Performance Sign-off

I suppose that's why they put those wind turbines out by Beaumont. Those things sure are impressive to see, from the ground and from the air.

They are awsome to look at from the air. We fly to Dodge City to see our son and the Wind farm northeast is one of my landmarks!

I look forward to meeting you at Gaston's. Be prepared to meet a lot of wonderful people. :)

I showed my wife the website and this forum, and she wants to go. We plan on seeing and meeting all of you there.

OOPS, I guess I am not too good at this forum stuff. Thought I new how to reply to messages and add the quotes with the cool looking boxes around it. Sorry Diana:redface:

Ken, My wife really wants to go to Oshkosh, but knows that I will be "unavailable" during the day, so I am trying to get my daughter to fly in from Portland OR and meet us there. They can shop outside the airport grounds and I can shop inside!

OOPS, I guess I am not too good at this forum stuff. Thought I new how to reply to messages and add the quotes with the cool looking boxes around it. Sorry Diana:redface:
No problem! :) It takes awhile to get the hang of this stuff. I mess up a lot, but it's nice that you can click on the edit button and go back and fix your own post if you don't like how it looks. :)

Ken, My wife really wants to go to Oshkosh, but knows that I will be "unavailable" during the day, so I am trying to get my daughter to fly in from Portland OR and meet us there. They can shop outside the airport grounds and I can shop inside!

you just lost the "end quote" bracket, that's all ...
Code:
[/QUOTE]

Back