Aviation Goals for 2022

I won’t comment on 2023 - total bad luck man. But I can give a status report.
2022 goals:
1) Lock in the new job
1b) grow the opex budget (and therefore maintain or fly more)
2) Commercial (single, then multi add on)

Stretch goals:
Fly GA to Bahamas
Buy (/partner in) a plane
High altitude endorsement in a PC12 (includes 1 hr and 1-2 log-able landings)
Job - done
Grow op-ex budget - ummm oh dear… last month I surpassed my 2021 actuals, but we’re eating beans out of a can at home haha.
Commercial
- single - done
- multi - booked; to commence on 1 October

Stretch goals are still forecast. Bahamas will probably be March; buy a plane is still ????; high altitude endorsement is tbd.

Commercial and multi done. Seaplane ratings are not nor is glider. 2023 perhaps.
How about tail wheel?

1. Learn to make acceptable landings consistently in my Beech. I’m still dropping it in too often.

Doing much better, but still room for improvement. Landing with the RPMs a whisper above idle helps.

2. Finish updating the plane and have it painted.

I have replaced the carb, vac pump, ignition harness and radio. Added wiring to the panel to allow me to plug in my handheld xcvr. Added iFly 740b to the panel.

I have the landing gear donuts but have not installed them yet.

Not painted yet, but I have a couple of quotes. I’ll probably get it done 1Q23.

3. Get a little practical use out of the plane. Take a few trips with my wife, use the plane to visit @2-Bit Speed and @SkyChaser once in a while, visit other family, etc.

Not yet. Mechanical work took many more weeks than I hoped. But the year’s not over yet.

Attend Arkanstol - missed OSH for mx.

you should add "landing in a state that starts with 'i'"

Missed the states with I in them, but I did add GA.

-Fly more
-Figure out new home/hangar/airplane plan for our property
-Be present with my family as much as possible

I did fly more, but still not as much as I wanted.
Home/hangar/airplane is still in planning stages, but making a little progress.
I did manage to spend a bunch of time with my family and took my 6 year old daughter flying a bit. It was a good year for us.

Earn my CFI - Done.
Started teaching - Done.

Scheduled my CFI-I checkride for November.

Begin training for my PPL- check.
get class 3 medical- in progress for SI
purchase a/c for training/time building- check...picked up a nice 2000 182S flown by a little old lady from Pasadena;).
2023 will, hopefully, be getting my IR.

2022 is coming to a close rapidly. So, I have goals 6 months out.
1. Multi engine
2. Dc3 type
3. Pc12 checkout
4. 208 amphib checkout
Flight safety caravan initial will be done just before Christmas!

Done. Added 4 ratings, completed (and passed) the professional engineering exam, and finished my airplane (and won best in type in Oshkosh). Can I rest the last 2 months of the year? Please?
You’ve more than earned it!

Done. Added 4 ratings, completed (and passed) the professional engineering exam, and finished my airplane (and won best in type in Oshkosh). Can I rest the last 2 months of the year? Please?
Spend these two months planning 2023!

Hey! Those are my goals!

Ones that will require a little effort:
-visit the remaining 27 airports in IL
-add 5 states to my map

Ones that I really don't expect will happen, but are theoretically possible:
-commercial certificate
-600 hours total
Since @GeorgeC brought up '23 goals, and it's actually almost the end of '22 now, I figured I'd better look back and see how I did.

I did cross 500 hours, and the annual was technically normal, although the ~27k Iran in February didn't help my mx budget any. I missed all my other goals. I hit 24 of the 27 airports on my list and only added 3 states. I made zero progress towards my commercial.... well I did do a few "power off 180's" but that was it. I did manage about 160 hours, which is only about 5 short of last year in spite of my plane being down for 4 months, but am still about 40 short of 600. Took my family on an epic GA trip to Wyoming, so I can't feel too bad about this year aviation wise.

I won’t comment on 2023 - total bad luck man. But I can give a status report.

Job - done
Grow op-ex budget - ummm oh dear… last month I surpassed my 2021 actuals, but we’re eating beans out of a can at home haha.
Commercial
- single - done
- multi - booked; to commence on 1 October

Stretch goals are still forecast. Bahamas will probably be March; buy a plane is still ????; high altitude endorsement is tbd.

How about tail wheel?
I’ll continue this. I grew OpEx - projected to be 70% increase from 2021 (shhhhh, don’t tell the CEO!). I’m also now am Commercial single+multi. I’d love to put hours down as goals but am too superstitious for that.

Finish up my last transition (B787).
Fly much less at work.
Full panel upgrade for my airplane.
Go more places flying my airplane.
Adopt a baby sister kitten for my cat.

Finish up my last transition (B787)…… Done.
Fly much less at work…… Same flight time but much fewer flights (32 legs vs. 6 per month).
Full panel upgrade for my airplane…… Nope. Supply chain problems.
Go more places flying my airplane…… Nope. Minimum hours flown. :( Gotta do much better in 2023.
Adopt a baby sister kitten for my cat…… Yes! Pixie is a pure joy!!:)

I did my CP-SE and ME add one. Did not get to seaplane SE and ME but should in 23. Glider will require losing about 30 lbs which is doable and really necessary for good health anyway.

1. Get my IR
2. Fly to both coasts
3. Explore the interior of Mexico
4. Have a dispatch rate that equals my Cherokee. (So far this has proved to be the most unobtainable goal)

Back