Aviation Gifts

I got a Canon Digital camera to replace my old non Digital camera. And a trip to AZ. in my airplane. I think that means some money for avgas! Life is good!

Bob :smile:

I got an Airplane clock and a desk calender that everyday makes a different paper airplane. Not sure the last one really qualifies as avaition gifts but wife said it did, so it must be.
I also will be getting an Icom AC-A6 Handheld I bought myself with my christmas bonus form work.

I got these two pictures for the office.

Attachments

• ladyflyer.jpg
    ladyflyer.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 28
  • world.jpg
    world.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 29
I got a golf shirt with a V-Tail Bonanza embroidered on it, and the words, "Chief Pilot Spike."

I also got another shirt, with a Boeing 787 Logo on it.

Plus, a set of 4-striper epaulettes... I think that one's a bit of a joke!

then (and this one's really cool), I got a CO detector for the cabin, very nice one with a digital readout and an alarm that could waken the long-dead. It's built in Canada, too, thus meeting my preference for place of manufacture.

All in all, a very good haul!

My aviation-related gift is a hat from Top Gun... the original design hat with the wings and name, not the cheesy logo that was made for the movie. This was from one of my students. He was never stationed at Miramar but was there during its Navy days for weapons training in helos. He was a mechanic and gunner on CH-53Es.

I learned a few other things about this man during his days in the Marines I won't go into here. Suffice it to say he was well-decorated during his eight years in the late 80s and early 90s.

The funny thing was, he went into the Marines to fly helos and so he'd never have to go to sea. The recruiter never told him how Marines got around. :)

The funny thing was, he went into the Marines to fly helos and so he'd never have to go to sea. The recruiter never told him how Marines got around. :)

MARINE - My A$$ Rides In Navy Equipment. Bad recruiter. :D

My wife surprised me with a Citizen Eco-Drive Skyhawk Blue Angels watch. What's that story about pilots wearing big watches? :D :D

I pulled in the following:
-Lowrance 600c
-Micro E6-B (it fits in the pouch on my kneeboard)
-Heavy Duty fuel tester from Sporty's
-Altimeter desk clock
-A Cross Pen with the date I got my ticket engraved on it for filling out the Log Book

Oh, yeah. I got a F-104 hat pin also. It was from my sister-in-law. She's not too aviation savy, but it was a nice thought.

Zaon XRX

Skew T's by Scott D

New puppy, his name is Rudder so that's somewhat aviation related :smilewinkgrin:

The Brightline flight bag, and airplane calendar, and, of course, this year's Hallmark ornament: the ERCOUPE! :)

I got two new airplanes and a house with a lighted runway, and it even has a control tower.

Attachments

• IMG_0125.JPG
    IMG_0125.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0126.JPG
    IMG_0126.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Back