Aviation Day - Amputee Style

bnt83

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian
I was expecting one or two adults and two kids but that wasn't the case when a MINIVAN FULL of kids rolled up. :lol:

They go to see Falcons, Lears, Citations, Hawkers and leaned some differences between them. Then it was off into the blue wonderful above.

A first for me, airplane full of kids with no parents, all <9 years old. They were well behaved and I didn't even have to switch to isolate to stay ot top of ATC communications.

Loading up for round 2

Kids never seem to hesitate when offered the controls :D

I love the smile on your face in the second picture!

That must be a blast! I've given several kids their first airplane ride and it's one of my favorite things to do. With small kids (say 10 or younger) I like to bring another adult along just in case the kid has a meltdown. I don't want to have to deal with a freaked out kid and fly at the same time. So far it hasn't happened, but once would be more than enough.

John

Looks like a great day all'round.

I've never seen an airplane fill with passengers so fast. All 5 kids were in the airplane after they got out of the minivan, then one asked "are you coming with us?" :rofl:

Is that the book cover on the tail of the Card?

Good on ya to take the kids flying. How many in all?

Looks like a great time and a fantastic exposure to 'differently' abled for those kids Brian.

Good on ya'!

'Gimp

Great!!

So, who had the most fun? From the pictures, it's hard to tell!

Good job,always nice to peak kids interest in flying. Smiles all around.

I have taken Boy Scouts Flying for their aviation merit badge. We do an hour of ground school and then 30 minute flight on my dime.
Some kids were nervous but got over it after 5 minutes in the air. I told them I would sign off for their merit badge even if they decided they didn't want to go flying but the ground school portion was required.

BTW I also had parents sign liability releases should anything happened to their child while taking part in the flying activities. I suggest you do the same.

Most excellent. Thank you for doing that, and for telling us. Ends the day on a definite high!

Back