Aviation Clothing

Do you personally own a Pilots Of America Bag, Towel, Hat, Jacket, or Shirt?

• Yes

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I did not even know POA sold bags and towels and hats and clothes.

Votes: 57 72.2%

• Total voters
I kidnapped these chicks from another thread. These the ones you mean? ;)

4b94241c-4913-bfa6.jpg

At this stage of my life, that's probably about as close as I'll ever get.

With the guns, those chicks are almost as scary as the other kind. All they need is a couple of lawyers standing behind them, I think you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. :D

John

Did you hit any ducks or just marsh?

:D

Ha ha. The duck season didn't start until the next weekend (opening weekend). And THAT is a no girls allowed kind of weekend. We were just shooting targets. He put a neon skeet (round disc thing) up on what looked like an artist easel - normally they put up paper with circles there - and then asked me to go pretty far back and aim. Small(ish) target and I am happy to report I did shoot it. The noise and recoil scared the hell out of me though.

Ha ha. The duck season didn't start until the next weekend (opening weekend). And THAT is a no girls allowed kind of weekend. We were just shooting targets. He put a neon skeet (round disc thing) up on what looked like an artist easel - normally they put up paper with circles there - and then asked me to go pretty far back and aim. Small(ish) target and I am happy to report I did shoot it. The noise and recoil scared the hell out of me though.

Yeah shotguns got a good kickback. Surprised me too first time I shot one.

<---<^>--->

NO GIRLS ALLOWED?.....You need to visit Knob Creek, Ky during the gun show!!!

This time of year, this is what I wear in the Fly Baby:

rons_jacket.JPG

Ron Wanttaja

Nuns with guns, that's just sad

Why? They look like .22 target rifles. It was probably some kind of competitive, target league they were participating in. So having a gun is sad? I don't think they were out gangbanging. more likely competing in a match.

Coolest "Ts" I ever owned were the Strike Aircraft Test Squadron (VX-23), T shirts I bought at the squardron gedunk when I worked at Pax River.

I just flat wore them out. Wish I could get more.

I wear my downtown aviation baseball hat on flying days, that's it.

Hey now, I went to private Catholic school and they never once hit us.

Hmm... I got hit with the ruler.

"Mr. Metzinger, your penmanship is atrocious!" <whack>
"Of course it is, you keep rapping my fingers with that ruler!"

There are a lot of us who deeply understood the symbology of Jake and Elwood visiting the Penguin.

I still have a few old flight suits... they only get worn for oil changes in the garage.

Somewhere an RV driver is silently crying as they die a little inside. ;) ;) ;)

:popcorn:

When inverted pulling +13 and -10G's the flight suits really keep your pens and pencils contained.

"pens and pencils"

%s/s and pencil/i/g - that Unix regular expression will FTFY. :)

I'm lost.

They say the first step is admitting it.

Now how did I miss this?? A clothing thread! I am all about it and have a lot of aviation-themed clothing. I have several sleeveless polos (different years) from Oshkosh, of course, and Sun 'N Fun, the custom designed PoA tank top from Gaston's, and a couple of white polos from my group flight(s) to the Bahamas. I also have a couple of screen-printed T-shirts with my airplane's photo on them that I like. My current favorite, though, is this one from the formation flight to Oshkosh I was involved with last summer:

IMG_0404.jpg

We all got our names and tail numbers embroidered on them and IMHO we looked great in our flightline photo taken in the North 40, Row 510/511. :D

Dang. Custom embroidery with the tail number. C2O doesn't have that.

For a second there I thought ... Wait, are you sure you don't own a Bonanza? ;) ;) ;)

I'm lost.

They say the first step is admitting it.

Sorry. It was a sneaky way to change "pens and pencils" to a certain part of the male anatomy.

RVs come with a little padded holster for that don't they?? ;) ;) ;)

An old joke a friend of mine says about pickup trucks that sit 10' in the air. :)

"That thing has a gun rack, AND a p**** holster, doesn't it?"

I'm planning to order a jacket, do any of you know if they run large or small? I'm 5'2" so I'd need a small or med. I suppose they are based on mens sizes?

I'm planning to order a jacket, do any of you know if they run large or small? I'm 5'2" so I'd need a small or med. I suppose they are based on mens sizes?

PM Mari (everskyward) - she bought a jacket a while back.

I'm pretty sure I ordered a small. I'm 5' 4" and 115. The jacket is at home and I'm not, but I can check to make sure for you next week.

I guess I should have posted a follow-up that the PoA polo is very good quality. Like it.

Sadly, the PoA is far better quality than the Colorado Pilot's Association polo which is only a year old and the collar is trashed... I'm still wearing it, but it's getting embarrassing.

Back