Aviation Books

Maxmosbey

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
I need to get serious.
I have a pile of books that I want to get rid of. I'll sell the whole lot for $100 plus shipping. I'll sell them for $5 each plus shipping if no one buys the whole lot. If you are interested just send me an e-mail or a PM. I'll let them sit to the end of the week to see if someone wants to buy them all first, then I'll start selling them individually on a first come first serve basis next week. Thanks.

Max

Stick and Rudder -- Wolfgang Langewiesche
Instrument Flying Handbook -- FAA-H-8083-15A
Tips to Fly By -- Richard Collins
IFR for VFR Pilots -- Richard L. Taylor
Making Perfect Landings -- Ron Fowler
Making Perfect Takeoffs -- Ron Fowler
Aviation Weather for Pilots and Flight Personal -- AC 00-6A DOT 1975
Flying Off the Pavement -- Link Grindle
Mountain Flying -- Sparky Imeson
Mountain Flying -- Tom W Mayer
Fair Weather Flying -- Richard L. Taylor
Cessna Manual of Flight -- Jeppesen 1986 Edition
Student Pilot Flight Manual 8th Edition -- William Kershner
Student Pilot Flight Manual 6th Edition -- William Kershner
The Advanced Pilot’s Flight Manual 5th Edition -- William Kershner
Private Pilot’s Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge -- FAA 1963

Aircraft of World War II in Combat -- General Editor Robert Jackson
Bush Flying -- David Oliver (This is not a how to book.)
Bush Pilots Legends of the Old and Bold -- Bob Cary and Jack Hautala
The Search for Amelia Earhart -- Fred Goerner
Bomber Pilot -- Philip Ardery
Echos of Eagles -- Charles Woolley

Last edited:
"Making Perfect Landings". Got to be a short book, because nobody can remember the three secrets. Kind of like the final chapter of the book "The Neurotic Dog". Each chapter is titled with a question. The chapter then answers the question. The final chapter is titled, "Can the Neurotic Dog Be Cured?" The content of the chapter is "No."

Dad was a veterinarian and this was one of his favorite books.

"Making Perfect Landings". Got to be a short book, because nobody can remember the three secrets. Kind of like the final chapter of the book "The Neurotic Dog". Each chapter is titled with a question. The chapter then answers the question. The final chapter is titled, "Can the Neurotic Dog Be Cured?" The content of the chapter is "No."

Dad was a veterinarian and this was one of his favorite books.

It actually helped me a lot. The author has some very good tips to make landings a lot more consistent. It also helped me with my cross wind landings. I bought the takeoff book after I had read the landings book, and the takeoff book wasn't as helpful for me..

Don't forget Stationery Flight, by some hack who hangs around from time to time.

Back