average labor cost to change 2 main tires on 210?

Huh?!

Is it a public funded airport? I thought they couldn't pull that crap at public fields, recall seeing a FAA letter about it, I'm sure others here know more on that.

Man....that ****es me off, my tax dollars don't go into those fields so sleeze bag FBOs can get rich and take advantage of GA owners, they go to build and maintain PUBLIC fields, which are there to serve THE PUBLIC

If it were me, I'd ether ignore that BS and notify the Feds, or find a new field.

You should post the name of the airport and the FBO, little public shaming would be a good thing

We were moving the plane to another airport; finally got a private hangar. We were keeping it at a shared hangar at the previous airport. In fact, we were planning to the move the plane the day that we discovered the flat tire. Anyway, we won't use them ever again. We'll just speak with our wallet. I appreciate everyone's feedback.

My thoughts exactly. :nod:
You can pay a bad mechanic $150 for 5 hours. Or you can pay a good mechanic $150 for 1.5 hours. The final cost should be the same, it just depends on how well and fast it is done.
I wish some bad mechanic charges less for taking longer to do the same job. 2 years ago I had landing gear issues and the only mechanic on my field was an old greedy man who was working on 2 planes at same time in 2 different hangars. He charged me 9 hours of labor time before he came to conclusion that I need a new power pack and another 4 hours for PP removal and installation!!!

Back