Avcomm AC1000 Headset anyone? ANR & Bluetooth...

Huckster79

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Huckster79
Has anyone used these? Thoughts... ANR and Bluetooth. Currently about $300 a pair...

I would like to upgrade and the one comparison article I read had good things to say... But idk.

I understand they are not an a20... But I'm just not dropping an AMU per set right now. Just curious if anyones ever used or uses one and their thoughts...

Can't speak for the avcomms, but I used the $239 pilotmall ANRs for a while. No bluetooth, but they did ok for the price.

Looks like a DC 13.4 clone with a Headsets Inc ANR kit that is not from the previous century. So figure $120 for the knockoff PNR and $180 for the electronics? Sounds like it's priced about the right ballpark.

When I first got my PPL I bought a set of Avcomm passives. They were great for the price, a good headset bag was included, and they lasted much longer than anticipated. However, after having them on for two or three hours or so, it was like being in a vise. Never could really get a good adjustment on that.

But I never regretted that purchase.

I've had 3 pairs: a AV250 for my early training, AV900 (stereo) that my wife bought me for a present, and a second AV250 I bought for passengers. As a passive headset, they are fine for the money. I converted one to ANR using a headsets.com kit and liked it just fine. The internal construction is simple (speaker is held in place by packed in foam), but I've never had any issues with them (except the headsets inc kit has issues now-maybe mechanical damage). Are they Lightspeeds, Bose or DC? Nope. But for the money, not bad.

John

Back