Auto Fuel STC update

Ain't it the truth. The lower cowl of my Luscombe looked like crap so I ordered a new one from Univair. When it arrived I drilled out the rivets to remove the nosebowl from the old cowl and when I placed it up against the new cowl IT looked like crap.

Ain't it the truth. The lower cowl of my Luscombe looked like crap so I ordered a new one from Univair. When it arrived I drilled out the rivets to remove the nosebowl from the old cowl and when I placed it up against the new cowl IT looked like crap.

This syndrome is known as " the bigger the hole is, the bigger it needs to be"

I have been told by a DME that if you add a STC with a 337 you must remove it with a 337, is that true? It was part of a mock examination.

So here is a question for the group: my '48 had the STC for MOGAS. A few years before I bought the airplane, they replaced the engine. I was told (and I believe folks here at POA agreed) that the original MOGAS STC was no longer valid since the engine was changed. So, do I need a 337 stating that the STC no longer applies?

So here is a question for the group: my '48 had the STC for MOGAS. A few years before I bought the airplane, they replaced the engine. I was told (and I believe folks here at POA agreed) that the original MOGAS STC was no longer valid since the engine was changed. So, do I need a 337 stating that the STC no longer applies?

The STC is applied by serial number on the 337 that is on record at OKC, Look up your 337 on the CD from OKC, see if it refers to the engine. some do, some don't.

the new STC I just received has two STC numbers one for the engine and one for the aircraft. I can place them both on 1, 337. Some IAs will do two 337s some won't. You must look it up and see what you have.

It will not hurt to re-do the 337s to be certain your covered.

The STC is applied by serial number on the 337 that is on record at OKC, Look up your 337 on the CD from OKC, see if it refers to the engine. some do, some don't.

the new STC I just received has two STC numbers one for the engine and one for the aircraft. I can place them both on 1, 337. Some IAs will do two 337s some won't. You must look it up and see what you have.

It will not hurt to re-do the 337s to be certain your covered.

I'll look it up when I get home later this week. I am pretty sure it listed the S/N of the original C-145.

I'll look it up when I get home later this week. I am pretty sure it listed the S/N of the original C-145.

If it applied to the older engine (not the one you are flying) then I would advise that you get 337 filed for the application to the new engine.

I don't know how EAA does but I'm pretty sure that Petersen has one for the engine and one for the airframe.

I don't know how EAA does but I'm pretty sure that Petersen has one for the engine and one for the airframe.

here is the kicker, are the two STCs applied to the aircraft on one 337?

how do you split them?

OBTW the two STCs that EAA now sells have different numbers.
It's my opinion that when you get the upgrade kit as I just did, you simply submit a 337 with both listed in block 8. keeps you legal. Any FAA ASI can find the old 337 and see the STC listed there are superseded by the new 337.

The why 2 STCs

Attachments

• Why 2 STCs.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Back