Augmented Reality Aerial Navigation

No thanks. Flown NVG HUD many times and it’s annoying. The information blocks too much of the viewing area and doesn’t need to be displayed constantly anyway.

They’re grossly exaggerating the amount of time to glance in the cockpit and interpret the instrumentation. They make it sound like its task overload or something. You’re flying VFR, the primary purpose should be to enjoy the view, not flying like a robot focused on goggle symbology. Also, you’re still going to have to glance into the cockpit to get your engine instruments.

Been a few years since announcement. They even got many folks to pre-buy alpha versions of software and glasses at AirVenture.

But still vaporware.

Concept is interesting. But the space and hardware is transmorgrifying too rapidly for me to adopt.

Would be cool to overlay ADS-B data (weather, traffic). TFRs might be cool too.

I visited their booth at Oshkosh two years ago. Even then it was still a buggy headache inducing experience. It's a cool concept just way to bleeding edge currently.

When your engine craps out in the clag your autopilot will fly you into the side of a mountain and you can watch it happen on the augmented reality.

Been a few years since announcement. They even got many folks to pre-buy alpha versions of software and glasses at AirVenture.

But still vaporware.

Concept is interesting. But the space and hardware is transmorgrifying too rapidly for me to adopt.

Yeah! I remember when those video were first released, surprised they never got off the ground with it.

Back