Audio Panel Wiring Diagram needed

2nd505th

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
2nd505th
Does anyone know where to locate a wiring diagram for a Cessna 152 Audio Panel . This is Part number 2470003-2 ?

where to locate a wiring diagram for a Cessna 152 Audio Panel
A number of Cessna radio installs were done through an Accessory Kit so your audio panel diagram is probably part a kit. Maybe look on your equipment list to see what com/nav kit you have installed and post it with the model number. Cessna support still lists certain accessory kit docs on their site.

The equipment list says Basic Avionics Kit, Item# H34-S, Reference# 3910186-1

Basic Avionics Kit, Item# H34-S,
If I recall that kit is just antennas and wiring. There should be another entry(s) with something like Cessna 300 NAV/COM that will give the radios, etc. which might include your audio panel.

That one says:
Cessna 300 NAV/COM, 720 CH COM 1st Unit, Item# H22-S, Ref 3910183-1

That one says:
What's the aircraft serial number? Found a couple kits but nothing for a 152. But that's not to say they could've installed a 172 audio/switch panel in a 152. Also look for a "transmitter/audio selector switch kit" on the equipment list. Are you sure this radio package is a factory install?

Last edited:
I finally located one. Has pin outs, schematic for that and multiple other original items like the RT-385A radio and VOR.

2nd505th,

Could you share a link to the diagrams you found. I too am looking for a audio panel (2470003-1) wiring diagram.
Thanks

I have pinouts and installation manuals for a variety of avionics if you can be more specific on what you need.

I have pinouts and installation manuals for a variety of avionics if you can be more specific on what you need.
Do you have the wiring diagram and/or installation manual for a 2470003-1 (2470013-1) audio control panel? Thanks

Kermit

Do you have the wiring diagram and/or installation manual for a 2470003-1 (2470013-1) audio control panel? Thanks

Kermit

What year/model aircraft is that out of (I could guess a u206 based on your handle, but I've been wrong before!)? There are avionics manuals for the various models that contain that info. I have a number of them, if I had the right one I'm happy to share it.

Mine is a 1965 U206. The audio panel has a 172 serial number written on it. I think that the audio panel was sourced from another plane prior to being installed in mine. Do you by chance have the 1976 172 avionics install manual? If so, could you look to see if it includes a 2470003-1 audio panel. Thanks

Kermit

PM me your email address, I'll send you what I have. I do have the manual covering 1976 172, but not seeing that in it.

Exactly what are you trying to do ? A lot of early audio panels were just switch panels...no audio amp for speaker.

Exactly what are you trying to do ? A lot of early audio panels were just switch panels...no audio amp for speaker.
I am trying to figure out which wire to connect the speaker to. In the odd twist of fate category, I have two speakers in the plane. Neither works. One is not connected and one is connected but I think that when the audio panel was put in the connections were not done correctly.

Kermit

I am trying to figure out which wire to connect the speaker to. In the odd twist of fate category, I have two speakers in the plane. Neither works. One is not connected and one is connected but I think that when the audio panel was put in the connections were not done correctly.

Kermit
Maybe you could put a resistor in place of the speaker and see if you can measure any alternating current through the resistor when audio is present.

Get a 1.5 volt flashlight battery...connect the ground to airframe and the plus side to each wire until you hear the speaker thud. Thus, you will have the speaker wire located.

Get a 1.5 volt flashlight battery...connect the ground to airframe and the plus side to each wire until you hear the speaker thud. Thus, you will have the speaker wire located.
I know which wire the speaker is connect to. I started at the speaker and worked my way back. It is not connected to anything. I need to know which pin to connect it to on the audio control panel.

Kermit

Didn't you say one of the speakers was connected? :confused2:

Didn't you say one of the speakers was connected? :confused2:
There are two. One under the center console, it is connect to the #1 Nav/Com (I will likely connect it the way the Nav/Com install manual says to) and one in the headliner, that might have been connected to the audio panel at one point.

Kermit

Thanks. Looks like I need to connect C to R and H to the speaker.

kermit

Last edited:
Back