Display Name

Display name:
Taters
Florida Gators 2006 BCS Champions
LSU Tigers 2007 BCS Champions
Florida Gators 2008 BCS Champions
Alabama Crimson Tide 2009 BCS Champions
Auburn Tigers 2010 BCS Champions(*)

Well I've been flying across north America in a meat tube for much of the evening instead of watching the game, but as I understand it from news summaries Auburn's quarterback was hardly the keystone for this particular game.

If that is what the asterisk was about.

Well I've been flying across north America in a meat tube for much of the evening instead of watching the game, but as I understand it from news summaries Auburn's quarterback was hardly the keystone for this particular game.

If that is what the asterisk was about.
So a 14-0 season is not good enough for you? Beating the next best team 22-19 doesn't count?

Yeah Auburn struggled but we prevailed. It was a very tough game but what would you expect?

Last edited:
WAAAR EAGLE!!!

Newton did a pretty good job and had some really clutch plays but it was Auburns defense that was key. They held Oregon to their second lowest score of the season. It was a great game and a nailbiter to the very end.

Newton played well but the defense, especially the front line, is what won the game and running back Dyer played a great game as well.

I like how you listed them as "BCS Champions" since there is no national champion in NCAA Football. Too much money in the way it is now (regardless of how useless of a post season it is) to make it right at this point.

So, you should put asterisks next to each of the teams in the list.

So a 14-0 season is not good enough for you? Beating the next best team 22-19 doesn't count?

Yeah Auburn struggled but we prevailed. It was a very tough game but what would you expect?

Huh? I think that Auburn deserved both the win and the title. I was responding to the quarterback non-controversy.

I like how you listed them as "BCS Champions" since there is no national champion in NCAA Football. Too much money in the way it is now (regardless of how useless of a post season it is) to make it right at this point.

So, you should put asterisks next to each of the teams in the list.

Actually there is Div I AA Sadly my Delaware fightin Blue Hens choked to Eastern Washington in this years Championship Game.

Newton's Dad did a great job cheering in the Stands. I thought the guy was banned from the game.

Huh? I think that Auburn deserved both the win and the title. I was responding to the quarterback non-controversy.
I am not sure what to think about the NCAA controversy. I agree that Cam did not shine as much as he usually does. This is proof that there is a great team behind him. What a defense. In any case this is the first time Auburn has been so successful in my lifetime. I attended Auburn when Bo Jackson played and we never had this degree of success.

Shouldn't those kids be going to class??

Being from Alabama and a fan of the Crimson Tide while still in the womb, I have to say that if 'bama wasn't going to repeat that Auburn's a good consolation prize. No doubt though that the SEC is The powerhouse conference and the rest are just playing for honorable mention. Football is a religion down in that neck of the woods.

Being from Alabama and a fan of the Crimson Tide while still in the womb, I have to say that if 'bama wasn't going to repeat that Auburn's a good consolation prize. No doubt though that the SEC is The powerhouse conference and the rest are just playing for honorable mention. Football is a religion down in that neck of the woods.

Roll Tide, when I was a kid in church, bama fans on the right, au on the left.

As a Ga. Tech grad, the ONLY time I pull for any SEC team is when they are playing against UGA.

But Auburn won all their games and then beat the other contender. Auburn gets the nod and the (grudging) respect.

Actually there is Div I AA Sadly my Delaware fightin Blue Hens choked to Eastern Washington in this years Championship Game.

Quite a comeback by Eastern. Down 19-0 in the 3rd quarter. Not sure that was Delaware choking, or Eastern waking up. Made for an exciting game, that's for sure. And, no, I didn't go to Eastern. Used to compete against their ROTC rifle team when I shot for the WSU ROTC rifle team in the early 1970s.

Back