Attitude Flying DVD

I don't get why someone doesn't just rip it and share it to the rest via torrent or something. Before people are like "but you are ripping off the creator, blah blah blah" if you guys are already sharing the same DVD then it's not compensating the creator any differently.

Just buy the thing. Doesn't everyone collect aviation DVDs like me? I suppose the whole buying DVDs is becoming a thing of the past with all the streaming stuff. I guess I'm just too old school to change. :)

Just buy the thing. Doesn't everyone collect aviation DVDs like me? I suppose the whole buying DVDs is becoming a thing of the past with all the streaming stuff. I guess I'm just too old school to change. :)

Don't collect CDs or many DVDs. Just crap your heirs will have to figure out how to get rid of when you're dead. Heh.

When an entire room full of DVDs will fit on an external USB drive, technology moved on.

Now if they'd only get rid of all the crap on the disc that makes them difficult to copy... A stupid Cold War that they never win. It doesn't even slow down the real counterfeiters and annoys everyone else copying under fair use.

Don't collect CDs or many DVDs. Just crap your heirs will have to figure out how to get rid of when you're dead. Heh.

When an entire room full of DVDs will fit on an external USB drive, technology moved on.

Now if they'd only get rid of all the crap on the disc that makes them difficult to copy... A stupid Cold War that they never win. It doesn't even slow down the real counterfeiters and annoys everyone else copying under fair use.

Yeah I gotta get with the times. Everyone at my work watches movies online and here I am spending a fortune on DVDs. I still buy paper books and mags too. Guess I just like having physical things that I can collect.

Yeah I gotta get with the times. Everyone at my work watches movies online and here I am spending a fortune on DVDs. I still buy paper books and mags too. Guess I just like having physical things that I can collect.

When are you scheduled to be on Hoarders? Heh heh. Kidding. ;)

I hate how my magazines pile up. I usually find a Saturday morning open about once every few months and flip through them at lighting speed and then toss.

The only one I've held on to lately is the American Rifleman with that gorgeous new "Winchester" 1873.

The 1873 is one of the many possible stories as to why Amateur Radio operators sign off with "73". That particular story goes that a railroad telegrapher used to sign off with "I will you my '73" to his fellow operators on the circuit since the '73 was a coveted rifle at the time. Over time that got shortened to "73" in Railroad Code and made it's way onto the Amateur Bands.

There's other stories that attempt to explain "73" but none that follow a logical progression. So I'm going with that one. :)

With a grandfather who was a Union Pacific telegrapher and who taught me how to shoot, and my Amateur a Radio hobby which worked backwards to my dad, the announcement that someone is making new '73s made me smile. I think one needs to go into the rifle collection for all of those reasons. Plus, I don't have any lever-action rifles, and always loved those.

There's far better lever-action rifles (Winchester's rifles got a lot better after they discovered John Moses Browning in Utah and he started designing for Winchester) but the '73 is iconic. There have also been a couple of Hollywood movies about the rifle. You also hear the phrase that the '73 "won the West" but those aren't based in historical quotes. That was a Winchester marketing campaign started in the early 1900's around 1906.

So... That magazine stays on the coffee table until I see some reviews of that rifle and buy one. ;)

Then I'll have to buy flat nosed cartridges or reload for it. Ha. Never had to care with any of the other rifles, but pointy bullets in a tube can poke the backside of other cartridges and make things go kaboom that shouldn't be going kaboom yet. ;)

That magazine is going to cost me $2 grand. Damnit. LOL. That's mainly why it's still sitting there. Ha.

So ... we all have our collections...!

I don't get why someone doesn't just rip it and share it to the rest via torrent or something. Before people are like "but you are ripping off the creator, blah blah blah" if you guys are already sharing the same DVD then it's not compensating the creator any differently.
Someone did, and that post was taken down. I'm on your side with the copyright rules, but the rules of the forum have to be obeyed too.

Just got it today I will ship it out tomorrow. I enjoyed it. I wish there were more instructional videos like this!

Received the DVD yesterday. I'll have it out by the end of the week. I haven't received any PM's so I'll be shipping it back to Troy unless someone speaks up. :)

PM sent. Please PM me if you want it next.

Someone did, and that post was taken down. I'm on your side with the copyright rules, but the rules of the forum have to be obeyed too.

It's not the same thing. Buying one DVD or book or music CD and passing it around for private use is, in no way, copyright infringement.

It's not the same thing. Buying one DVD or book or music CD and passing it around for private use is, in no way, copyright infringement.
True.

The question was asked about ripping the DVD and then sharing it publicly on the forums (weather direct download or P2P), which is a copyright violation and a violation of the ToS on these forums.

Unless someone else is already in line ahead of me, I'd be interested.

Scott,
Can I get that when your done? Ill PM my info if no one else has claimed a viewing.

Thanks,

Dan
'79 Dakota
IR - in progress...

Hey Dan,

I'd like to be next in line when you get done with it!pm sent

Should have stuck a little map in there so everyone could pin their city/state and see where this thing has been! Lol

Scott,
Can I get that when your done? Ill PM my info if no one else has claimed a viewing.

Thanks,

Dan
'79 Dakota
IR - in progress...

I will mail it to you today.

Would love to be next up

I am a newly minted IR pilot. Would like to be in the line after Mirage00. Thanks.

Scott,

Thanks,

Dan
'79 Dakota
IR - in progress...

Hay Dan,
Just double checking if you received the video I mailed you on 4/3/14?

Scott

I would like to be in line after KSP_530.

I'll PM you my address. Hopefully the DVD isn't lost!

I dropped it off to go to Smootie yesterday.

Thanks Again POA.

Dan

Ill e waiting! Who's was next?

Got the DVD today. If mirage00 will pm me the address I'll send it along as soon as I finish it.

On its way to mirage. Great stuff

Back