Atomic Bomb Pictorial

Nope. It goes back 4500 years or so to Abraham's two sons, Ishmael and Isaac.

Dan

Ahhhh a supposed scholar! Better try this instead. We, the U.S. , Overthrew a democracy in Iran in the 50s and installed the shaa and his rotten brutal secret police. We did this thru the CIA. We then sided with sadam Hussein against Iran with Rumsfeld pictured shaking hands with sadam. ( later of course we hung him) we supplied millions of dollars worth of arms to him, much of which was later used against us. As for Afghanistan, we were after Ben laden, who of course was from Saudi Arabia and had him confined near tora bora but then diverted our attention to Iraq instead. A stupid and deadly move for thousands of american soldiers not to mention 200 thousand Iraqi civilians. Not so much liberal as common sense. Grow up and read history.its obvious your lacking a firm grasp of what happened.

Ahhhh a supposed scholar! Better try this instead. We, the U.S. , Overthrew a democracy in Iran in the 50s and installed the shaa and his rotten brutal secret police. We did this thru the CIA. We then sided with sadam Hussein against Iran with Rumsfeld pictured shaking hands with sadam. ( later of course we hung him) we supplied millions of dollars worth of arms to him, much of which was later used against us. As for Afghanistan, we were after Ben laden, who of course was from Saudi Arabia and had him confined near tora bora but then diverted our attention to Iraq instead. A stupid and deadly move for thousands of american soldiers not to mention 200 thousand Iraqi civilians. Not so much liberal as common sense. Grow up and read history.its obvious your lacking a firm grasp of what happened.

And the entire region was peaceful before the 1950s? Really?

Before the fiftys?! Again, read about the British in Afghanistan. They had their azz handed to them several times over there. The population is poor, no education , tribal and the Russians learned this in spades. We learned nothing from this and have spent unwarranted billions there, most of which has been stolen by various " supposed leaders." The mujadeen we trained to fight the Russians turned on us. On and on. All of this cost trillions and is still draining us. Not to mention replacing thousands of pieces of equipment and caring for 35 thousand wounded troops. A disaster. A liberal did not start this. A conservative did.

Speaking of learning nothing and no education, I present this:

Before the fiftys?! Again, read about the British in Afghanistan. They had their azz handed to them several times over there. The population is poor, no education , tribal and the Russians learned this in spades. We learned nothing from this and have spent unwarranted billions there, most of which has been stolen by various " supposed leaders." The mujadeen we trained to fight the Russians turned on us. On and on. All of this cost trillions and is still draining us. Not to mention replacing thousands of pieces of equipment and caring for 35 thousand wounded troops. A disaster. A liberal did not start this. A conservative did.

If you like, I can make a drawing in crayon if that's more up your alley of comprehension.

How about you not delete phrases that don't fit with your manufactured point? You can do that in crayon if you want, but it is dishonest for you do not do it at all.

Yup, Ed. I know you "know" everything. Except you don't. Especially how civil discourse works. Let me give you a clue. When you feel like insulting someone without provocation, don't. Disagreeing with someone else you might agree with is every human being's right, and does not count as a provocation.

That's the last I'll say on the subject. I'm quite aware that you won't listen, and I'll give the obvious childish retort that's coming next all the attention it deserves.

How about you not delete phrases that don't fit with your manufactured point? You can do that in crayon if you want, but it is dishonest for you do not do it at all.

Yup, Ed. I know you "know" everything. Except you don't. Especially how civil discourse works. Let me give you a clue. When you feel like insulting someone without provocation, don't. Disagreeing with someone else you might agree with is every human being's right, and does not count as a provocation.

That's the last I'll say on the subject. I'm quite aware that you won't listen, and I'll give the obvious childish retort that's coming next all the attention it deserves.

Oh you mean like exactly how you first responded to Nate's post by only picking out what you wanted to? Got it.

Hypocrite much? Oh wait you're Californian, you wouldn't understand the concept. I'm sure your windows are Lexan.

I'm not the one that tried giving everyone a lesson in geography and religion to show everyone else how smart they were. Try not being a condescending pompous ass sometime and then you won't have to act shocked when someone throws a barb back at you. At least I know when I'm being a dick.

Last edited:
This thread appears to have "gone nuclear." :(

Speaking of learning nothing and no education, I present this:

It's always the same. No concrete facts in a mature rebuttal. Only an ignorant insult. The other one I got a kick out of was the one calling Eisenhower ignorant. I'm sure he studied history at West Point, I'm sure he gained invaluable knowledge as supreme commander of allied forces in Europe, not to mention while he was president of Columbia univ. He was aware of the danger of corporate involvement in politics as he was well aware of profiteers during WW
2 and how they screwed the taxpayers in cost overruns, shoddy equipment, etc. This also became apparent during the Cold War. He simply stated the truth. Maybe not the sharpest knife in the drawer but a decent person . Quite different from the one who got us involved in Iraq.

I noticed a couple of errors in the photo captions. One of them identified the L11 article as the bomb dropped on Nagasaki.

One caption had it right then it flipped on a photo of the same device.

Umm, you're confusing North Africa with the Middle East. Very different.

That's a bit like saying Denver is on the Gulf Coast.

Where did the Ottoman Empire cover and who were the equivalent modern member-states and ethnic groups and religions involved? Who were the 1.2 million people sold into slavery?

C'mon man. Keep up.

It's always the same. No concrete facts in a mature rebuttal. Only an ignorant insult. The other one I got a kick out of was the one calling Eisenhower ignorant. I'm sure he studied history at West Point, I'm sure he gained invaluable knowledge as supreme commander of allied forces in Europe, not to mention while he was president of Columbia univ. He was aware of the danger of corporate involvement in politics as he was well aware of profiteers during WW

2 and how they screwed the taxpayers in cost overruns, shoddy equipment, etc. This also became apparent during the Cold War. He simply stated the truth. Maybe not the sharpest knife in the drawer but a decent person . Quite different from the one who got us involved in Iraq.

Why is it no surprise Jimmy totally disregarded the point that Eisenhower's warning about the military-industrial complex, that you adore today and give more importance to than the man who said it, wasn't the original intent of his speech, but he was such a poor tactician that he let the real topic leak, and then had to remove it from the speech, to not be preempted by baseball.

While...

You chided someone for not knowing history.

ROFL.

I have a book on my shelf entitled "The Effects of Nuclear Weapons" It was published in 1950 by the Department of Defense and I just discovered that y'all can download your own updated copy right here

I think all you trigger happy shoot from the hip guys ought to read it.

This thread appears to have "gone nuclear." :(
dlCSRiP.gif

The above .gif is the Crossroads Baker shot, detonated in Bikini A toll in 1946. The bomb was suspended underwater, which caused the huge column of seawater. There were eighty some ships anchored in the area of the blast, some with live animals tethered on board.

If you're ever in Las Vegas stop by the National atomic testing museum, it's fascinating. http://www.nationalatomictestingmuseum.org

I'm not sure it's open to the public anymore but I spent a lot of time out at the Nevada test site, and Mercury. It's a great tour. You can see so much of the stuff from all the test movies.

And last but not least if you have time to kill in ABQ I recommend The National Museum of Nuclear Science & History.
http://www.nuclearmuseum.org

Attachments

• 20150509_161321.jpg
    20150509_161321.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
Back