Atlanta is pretty cool!

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
I had a last minute business trip last week, I was in Atlanta for 3 nights. I've been there four times but never spent much time in the city itself - I was always visiting friends in the burbs. It's pretty cool! Good food, and the people are REALLY friendly. I checked out the magazine "creative loafing" and it sure seems like there is a lot to do there, too. I love major metro areas. So much buzz and creativity. I stayed in midtown and the first night walked to downtown (on Peachtree) to have dinner with a friend.

Yep, Atlanta's pretty nice. Lots of traffic, though...

My last couple of trips to ATL have been downtown and it is ok. Much better than it used to be, but Buckhead is still a bit more upscale and night friendly than downtown. My last trip there I met up with Leslie and we ended up having dinner over at CNN center.

Well yall gotta let me know when yer comin down yanda. Pilots here are quite hospitable too.

Peachtree what? Seems to me as if every other street in ATL is Peachtree something or another! :yes:

Last I checked, there were 63-someodd incarnations of the word Peachtree in street names around Atlanta.

I lived there for 10 years and I have to admit I spent the first of those just trying to get Peachtree St. straight with W. Peachtree in my head (they are adjacent to one another and intersect/combine just south of Buckhead.)

To the OP: did you get to the World of Coke? Underground? Fly-by of Stone Mountain? all fun places..

Er, no, this was a work trip although that all sounds interesting. I was lucky to have the one afternoon to walk the two miles up Peachtree to downtown. Friday night my friend picked me up and we hung out at their house - Saturday I went home. They are heading to South Africa on vacation tomorrow so I didn't want to impose on their last weekend at home, I know how crazy packing and all could be.

One of our speakers was the GC of Coca Cola though, does that count?

Back