ATC standards lowered?

bahama flier

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
bahama flier
Tucker on Fox News, is talking about the FAA not hiring the best and more, they look for unemployed people and black..Hispanic personnel wanting the ATC to be more diversified...

And all the uproar about going to privatization.... what about the most important people we rely on, maybe privatization would be better than what the FAA is doing to us. We need the best no mater what color or where they are from, as long as they can speak proper English we can understand and know what they are doing to keep us safe. This really scares me that our government is so stupid that diversity is more important than our safety,,,, where is the AOPA and EAA on this?

Once the word diversity is used,people back off,worrying about being labeled As racists. Unfortunately the system may suffer initially.

This started years ago under the Obaminator. The new hires all have to pass the same tests and work up to the same standard as the old hires. Haven’t even seen anything suggesting they even wash out that much more frequently. But anything smacking of diversity is anathema to Faux News, and will likely be cancelled the second the Hairpiece in Chief gets wind of it.

It's like the story on NPR, they were asking if they should find more "experts" for news stories who were women or minorities, uhh, how about find "experts" who are just best qualified to be said "experts" in said arena and not care about anything else.

Lest we hire off qualifications, that'd be racist™

It’s not just ATC. They have a special hiring process for special classes of people for flight standards as well. This includes minorities, handicapped, and veterans.

This started years ago under the Obaminator. The new hires all have to pass the same tests and work up to the same standard as the old hires. Haven’t even seen anything suggesting they even wash out that much more frequently. But anything smacking of diversity is anathema to Faux News, and will likely be cancelled the second the Hairpiece in Chief gets wind of it.

There’s a looooooong thread about this on another forum with more real controllers there than here, and they’ve pointed out this is false. The diversity program bypassed some of the 16 week program previously in place where multiple people typically washed out in OKC.

I have no opinions on it one way or the other, just passing it along.

My joke over there was stolen straight from @bbchien and paraphrased ... minimum standards are great, everyone should shoot for them in all endeavors. :)

Tucker Carlson?.....pffft

What’s their source for that? I don’t care what ethnicity or demographic the person comes from. If they can do they’re job as a professional (which 99% do), than who cares?

I love how the media comes up with these invalid topics, most of which are persuasive rather than informative.

While some controllers are better than others, ATC is made up of some really excellent people. I have no complaints.

This really scares me that our government is so stupid that diversity is more important than our safety,,,, where is the AOPA and EAA on this?
It’s a piping hot topic among society for a reason that I can’t figure out. I feel like the general public has become much more accepting of all people, but yet the equality and racial cards continue to appear when they have no relevancy to the topics at hand—mostly stirred by the infamous media.

It’s a piping hot topic among society for a reason that I can’t figure out. I feel like the general public has become much more accepting of all people, but yet the equality and racial cards continue to appear when they have no relevancy to the topics at hand—mostly stirred by the infamous media.

It’s called manipulation. Keeping people scared of things that aren’t happening in any significant quantity makes the two power cults in politics look relevant.

I was noticing that in recent discussions suggesting friends who appear to be horribly addicted to “the news” instead listen to ONE daily broadcast of RADIO news at the top of any particular hour in their day... they’ll still get more information than they can possibly be affected by or act upon... and then watch or listen to NO MORE... is now reacted to negatively.

And I realized why. TVs are EVERYWHERE in the city and they’re all on some stupid 24 hour news channel with talking heads who never ever stop, and tickers that just repeat stuff over and over and over as a brainwashing technique I guess.

Having moved OUT of the city we rarely go in and sit in waiting areas or typical large public spaces anymore for any length of time. But when you don’t see it constantly like that, it’s surprising how annoying it is. Restaurants, bars, dentist’s waiting room, even the freaking oil change place. All blaring out their 1984-esque continuous messages of doom and gloom.

Orwell got it wrong. He assumed one source for TV but humans prefer a never ending “battle” with something. So instead we have two sources essentially. Both of the large political cults. Non-stop. Everywhere.

Someone joked elsewhere that piping either of the cult TV news channels into airport terminals is extremely stupid. You already have a crowd of agitated people, most not above average in intelligence (bell curve), and you play them stuff to agitate them some more right before a flight? Stupid.

Bu then I realized... it’s not just before flights. It’s before almost everything now.

You really notice how bad it is when you purposefully limit your intake of it. It’s as addictive as smoking and the constant stress of thinking the world is coming to an end every day, is likely as dangerous to people’s health.

It’s just stupid to consume that much news media junk food.

But when the majority in cities willingly take in that constant diet of garbage, it’s kinda no surprise they think whatever is on the TV is the truth. Just say the words out loud and it becomes clear they’re not true.

Everything’s racial.
Everything’s about gay rights.
Every politician is either on the good side or the bad side. (If you’re measuring by morals, they’re all pretty much scum compared to the typical person’s “sin level” for lack of a better way to put it.)
Everything’s about cops.
Everything’s about drugs.
Keeping informed about everything is surely dire if you don’t.

And my favorite...

Elon Musk is brilliant. :) :) :) (He probably just doesn’t waste years of his life watching TV, honestly.)

Back