ATC Service Quality Survey

AMilChick10

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
AMilChick10
Attention Pilots!!

I am a fellow pilot and starving Ph.D. student in need of your help to improve the quality of services you receive from air traffic control. I am conducting a study asking pilots what they think of the services provided to them by their air traffic control provider. Your valued opinion is critical, as the U.S. government is currently considering converting its current air traffic control system to a system similar to Canada’s user-fee based system. This is your chance to personally weigh in on the matter.

The purpose of this study is to determine the quality of air traffic control services provided to pilots in both the United States and Canada. All you need to do is take a short survey about the services you receive from ATC. The result of this study may give officials from both countries greater insight into how to most effectively allocate resources within air traffic control to provide the best possible service for you!

This is your chance to provide valuable input. Please don’t pass up this opportunity to contribute to the future of your air traffic control.

Please copy and paste the following link to take the survey:

http://www.surveymethods.com/EndUser.aspx?DAFE928AD89E8C8FDD

Upon completion of the study, a summary of the results will be posted on this website.

Thank you in advance!

Catherine Essner
Capella University
cdunham3@capellauniversity.edu

P.S. I owe anyone who takes this survey much gratitude and a beer!!

Your valued opinion is critical, as the U.S. government is currently considering converting its current air traffic control system to a system similar to Canada’s user-fee based system.
Reference?

"Fixing" stuff that isn't broken.

From the same great minds that brought you "if you like your doctor..."

Survey completed.

*** Killian Red

Phoenix and DeVry are both legitimate educational institutions, as was ITT before it was railroaded into oblivion.

Not everyone fits neatly into the traditional college model.

Started the survey, but you lost me at "...visually appealing."

"Visually appealing" runways and control towers?

The survey asks you to rate the importance of each question, or lack thereof, and there were other questions that were more relevant, so I didn't let that one bother me.

I can't knock them, for some people it's the best they can do. I'd rather see them attend a trade school than flip cheese burgers their whole life.

If you read up on ITT tech, it wasn't a trade school, didn't prep anyone for anything, just lots of debt, cheese burgers would be better in that case.

The problem is that many young people are too ignorant of reality to know what majors may actually lead to a decent paying career and which won't. Couple that with people from POTUS all the way to school counselors and parents telling kids that they all can and should go to college and all kids think that is what they should do. Then throw in student loan programs that have been far too liberal in dispensing of money especially for majors with little ROI and you have a major problem. Add to this the purely for profit institutions that may or may not actually care about the students and the student's future but use their marketing to take advantage of all of the above and you have an even more serious problem. Now a huge part of me wants to just say 'caveat emptor' to the students who leave school with huge debt and no job prospects due to their ignorance or laziness when it came to doing research, selecting a good career and then selecting an appropriate school to get there. But at the same time, many of them were sold a bill of goods by "the system". It is all so ridiculous. When I was growing up, the system seemed to be more honest. Kids who were not college material were not told that they were. They were not necessarily told that they weren't college material but no one intentionally misled them into believing the virtually impossible. Also the grading system in schools were more honest and if you deserved to be flunked, you were. Scoring high on the standardized tests was also more important than it is today. The result was that kids who truly were not college material tended to find their way into a non college alternative career path such as the factory floor, construction jobs, farm work and other forms of manual labor. You know, the jobs that all of the talking heads on TV describe as "jobs that Americans do not want to do". So we need to stop telling little Johnny and Susie that no matter how poorly they did in high school and no matter how much of a box of rocks their skull is that they can and should go to college. They need to take another route in life.

Besides, I love cheeseburgers. Someone has to flip them.

The problem is that many young people are too ignorant of reality to know what majors may actually lead to a decent paying career and which won't. Couple that with people from POTUS all the way to school counselors and parents telling kids that they all can and should go to college and all kids think that is what they should do. Then throw in student loan programs that have been far too liberal in dispensing of money especially for majors with little ROI and you have a major problem. Add to this the purely for profit institutions that may or may not actually care about the students and the student's future but use their marketing to take advantage of all of the above and you have an even more serious problem. Now a huge part of me wants to just say 'caveat emptor' to the students who leave school with huge debt and no job prospects due to their ignorance or laziness when it came to doing research, selecting a good career and then selecting an appropriate school to get there. But at the same time, many of them were sold a bill of goods by "the system". It is all so ridiculous. When I was growing up, the system seemed to be more honest. Kids who were not college material were not told that they were. They were not necessarily told that they weren't college material but no one intentionally misled them into believing the virtually impossible. Also the grading system in schools were more honest and if you deserved to be flunked, you were. Scoring high on the standardized tests was also more important than it is today. The result was that kids who truly were not college material tended to find their way into a non college alternative career path such as the factory floor, construction jobs, farm work and other forms of manual labor. You know, the jobs that all of the talking heads on TV describe as "jobs that Americans do not want to do". So we need to stop telling little Johnny and Susie that no matter how poorly they did in high school and no matter how much of a box of rocks their skull is that they can and should go to college. They need to take another route in life.

Besides, I love cheeseburgers. Someone has to flip them.

:yeahthat: The idea that everyone has to go to college is ridiculous. When fast food joints require degrees, you've destroyed the value of the paper.

If you read up on ITT tech, it wasn't a trade school, didn't prep anyone for anything, just lots of debt, cheese burgers would be better in that case.
I agree with that completely, I was referring to the other schools mentioned (Phoenix, Devry and the OP's Capella). Should have been more clear

Not saying that everyone has to go to college, I was just making a general statement.

I can't speak for Phoenix or ITT, but DeVry at least once back in the day, actually made people build stuff and prove it worked while sitting at a workbench with a multimeter and an oscilloscope. They weren't that bad.

Had a boss who made the most of a degree from them, and knew how to fix things right when he was pressed to come show some noob engineering degree'd kid how to take a voltage measurement without blowing themselves up in the lab. They'd managed to exit the "big school" without learning that they couldn't hook the ground wire on the o-scope probe to certain things in a -48 VDC telecom environment without creating a pretty arc welder and a shower of sparks. "Floating grounds" were all their little battery operated crap projects at the big school ever used.

Boom. Smoke in the lab again. Someone grab an extinguisher and put the newbie's hair and eyebrows out, if the cup of coffee thrown on him doesn't get it all. Haha.

I know, I agree, that is a bad question. I did not make up the survey. I am using an established survey. The rest of the questions apply. I really appreciate you giving it a shot though!

Back