Astronaut Edgar Mitchell

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
He is in the news this week for saying UFOs/ETs intervened during the Cold War. Before this, he'd never been on my radar.
He claims an paranormal experience during his lunar travel, started up a consciousness research organization (IONS), says a teenage healer in Vancouver cured his kidney cancer remotely, says the US is covering up UFO visits and ET autopsies, including some at Roswell...

Some links and a YT video:

Wiki

IONS

In some cases he's brilliant, in others, a complete kook. I had breakfast with him some number of years back. He was a great believer in Yuri Geller. He's into all sorts of junk science. A nice guy with historic triumphs, but somewhere he got off the rails.

Agreed. Just evidence that people with professional backgrounds can still believe crazy things without any proof.

That's what eventually happens to you after you eat hot sauce on peanut butter.

JKG

He's not the only astronaut to comment affirming aliens and UFOs though.

He's not the only astronaut to comment affirming aliens and UFOs though.

And no examinable credible evidences are produced so, how is that different from even the kooky claims?

Astros tend to be our very best of course so their profession lends credibility. But don't put them too high on pedestals. It's a long way to fall from orbit.

I'd have to start hearing it from many, and I want to see certain names and something credible brought to the table.

Gordon Cooper claims he saw a UFO land at a base he was stationed at.

Ed never was known to be a big drinker....unlike most of the early guys..also he will tell you its just his theory and never actually seen UFO...at least from what I know being part of the JSC community from almost inception.

I sat next to him at a banquet last year, and again at lunch. He's a pretty smart guy.. A bit reserved, but once you engage him he's quite interesting. He seemed to pull back a bit when I started the UFO talk..

Didn't he drink a lot ?

I'm not sure what drinking has to do with any of this. Drinking alcohol doesn't make you hallucinate, or more apt to believe in kooky stories. If that were the case, all of Russia would be on a quest to find ET and building mash potato mountains.

No, you were just hoping for a bit of character assassination. It's the easiest way to digest other people's ideas when they conflict with your own.

That's what eventually happens to you after you eat hot sauce on peanut butter.

Oh no. This is what I had for dinner on Monday night...

attachment.php

Attachments

• dinner.jpg
    dinner.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 60
Agreed. Just evidence that people with professional backgrounds can still believe crazy things without any proof.

Yep, ain't that the truth!! There are millions of brilliant, successful and influential Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddists and Jews. :yes:

I'm not sure what drinking has to do with any of this. Drinking alcohol doesn't make you hallucinate, or more apt to believe in kooky stories. If that were the case, all of Russia would be on a quest to find ET and building mash potato mountains.

No, you were just hoping for a bit of character assassination. It's the easiest way to digest other people's ideas when they conflict with your own.

1. You just character assassinated an entire country.
2. He claims a UFO landed at a military base, for what jet fuel? and they were able to keep this a secret until Gordo spilled the beans.
3. I never said what my ideas were, you made that leap of logic.
4. Alcohol impairs judgement, maybe he saw a new prototype aircraft and under the influence it became a UFO.
5. Finally, did you miss the $&@ smiley?

Back