Assault on GA Down Under

I've read the SID manual for my 180. It's not the big scary that the writers want you to believe.

The illusion of "safety"

This is the type of crap we need to keep out of the US.

Huh. I'd think most responsible owners of qualifying airframes would appreciate the inspections.

Huh. I'd think most responsible owners of qualifying airframes would appreciate the inspections.

If the article is correct about the $80,000 - $100,000 ($57k - $86k US) price tag for single engine Cessnas, that becomes cost prohibitive. Not to mention this doesn't even impact the cause of the vast majority of aircraft accidents.

Real world it has about as much to do with "safety" as those NY "safety inspections" on cars.

I've been to countries that have that crap, doesn't appear to make jack for a difference.

Our annual inspections have been working fine for quite some time, don't regulate us out of GA please.

What if you're in the market for a plane. Two almost identical Cessnas sit in front of you. Equal time, equipment, appearance. One has a recent SID inspection and the other doesn't. Which is more valuable? It's a simple answer. Cubs have been revitalized by availability of new airframes and the values have skyrocketed. Cessnas can't do that so easily. Engineered condition inspections are the best solution to maintaining an aging fleet. I'm no fan of regulations. Let the market demand compliance.

Last edited:
It is a virtual teardown of the aircraft. Ask owners of 400 series twins.

$40k of exploratory surgery on a $40k Cessna 172 doesn't make economic sense. Nor does it make common sense. So a perfectly good airplane gets scrapped. Brilliant.

I've read the SID manual for my 180. It's not the big scary that the writers want you to believe.

Mostly it's not but you can't get past page two and be in compliance unless you have performed or incorporated EVERY Cessna service bulliten and letter ever written for your aircraft.

What if you're in the market for a plane. Two almost identical Cessnas sit in front of you. Equal time, equipment, appearance. One has a recent SID inspection and the other doesn't. Which is more valuable? It's a simple answer. Cubs have been revitalized by availability of new airframes and the values have skyrocketed. Cessnas can't do that so easily. Engineered condition inspections are the best solution to maintaining an aging fleet. I'm no fan of regulations. Let the market demand compliance.

The market will not demand compliance, the market will abandon GA altogether. We are already seeing good airframes being abandoned over the cost of doing avionics upgrades. The aviation market is already too expensive for most people.

It is a virtual teardown of the aircraft. Ask owners of 400 series twins.

$40k of exploratory surgery on a $40k Cessna 172 doesn't make economic sense. Nor does it make common sense. So a perfectly good airplane gets scrapped. Brilliant.

If it is a perfectly good aircraft it will pass the inspection.

But who is going to bear the cost of the inspection? Like I said, we already see the problem in avionics upgrade costs. The inspection alone is what you can sell the plane for, so there is no incentive to provide it. The inspection can reveal issues that make the plane a loss, so people won't buy it without the inspection, and doing a $40,000 pre buy is not something most people would entertain.

At what price?

More important, what sigma level of airframe safety does the inspection process capture? I guess if there was one swage failure, on one Cessna last year, then that's sufficient? Was there one cable swage failure in the US SE Cessna fleet last year?

Yes but if the inspection costs $40k who cares??? It is not economic to perform the inspection. Hell, it isn't economic at half the cost. It is only an inspection - no value-added. If one is an A&P and doesn't assign a value to one's time, maybe it doesn't seem bad.

No, make no mistake, this is a bad deal.

Yes but if the inspection costs $40k who cares??? It is not economic to perform the inspection. Hell, it isn't economic at half the cost. It is only an inspection - no value-added. If one is an A&P and doesn't assign a value to one's time, maybe it doesn't seem bad.

No, make no mistake, this is a bad deal.

Actually it would be a great deal for a GA benefit to a co-op. The co-op picks up a bunch of planes for next to nothing, member mechanics do the inspections and future maintain as part of their co-op job for their share of the co-op net. Now the co-op has a fleet of planes across the country for members to use as part of their benefit package. Now GA becomes much more economical and useful and it grows.

Mostly it's not but you can't get past page two and be in compliance unless you have performed or incorporated EVERY Cessna service bulliten and letter ever written for your aircraft.
Part 135 already requires that might be time to require it for part 91.

Why do we even need part 91 at all? Just require all operators in the US to comply with 135? Shilt, why stop there? All operators in the NAS need to comply with 121? No, I got it. All operators are required to be federal standards. There, fixed that problem. Next!

/sarcasm

Under what evidence? :dunno: If we had an increase in structural failure and fatigue accident taking losses beyond actuarial predictions, I could see a justification for this level of concern, but as it is, I'm just not seeing it. I see far more pilots killing airplanes than airplanes killing pilots.

There are not enough A&P mechanics on earth to bring every old part 91 Cessna into complete service bulletin and letter compliance - ever. There are not enough parts or kits to accomplish that task either. Not to mention that nobody has the money to do it anyway.

If you want to be in compliance with the Cessna SIDS then take a look, it's right there on page two before you get to the first inspection. If you are not in compliance with every applicable service letter there's no point in going any further.

Which mandatory service instructions do you disregard/have you disregarded? Why would MSB compliance threaten you? It isn't a daunting task for a reasonably well maintained airplane. It's mostly a one-time paperwork task to make a list and check it off.

When you find an old aircraft that is part 135 compliant is it worth more?

Exactly, if you want to tear apart a perfectly good airplane just cuz, go for it, think it'll make it worth more, meh maybe to some buyers, but just don't force me to do the same.

Funny doesn't seem like planes are falling out of the sky, but we have all these "safety" critical things we should all of a sudden pay for :rofl:

So you haven't read the SID for your plane, have you? If you have a nice plane and expect to keep it nice you're already doing most of what's prescribed.

Yeah, mine would probably be just fine if I wanted to tear it apart, but I don't want to tear it apart... I could invest that time and money into things which would actually make me and my ship actually safer for my mission.

This should NEVER be mandated, I'd imagine AOPA a and NBAA will keep the right politicians paid so we won't be forced to pay for pointless inspections.

I hope some of the Cessna owners that have an interest in what the SID is really about will find and read the SID for their airplanes and not assume the comments they read on the internet are factual. Knowledge is good.

Cheers.

I hope some of the Cessna owners that have an interest in what the SID is really about will find and read the SID for their airplanes and not assume the comments they read on the internet are factual. Knowledge is good.

I hope people won't assume that the impact on their own airplanes is representative of everyone else.

I hope people won't assume that the impact on their own airplanes is representative of everyone else.

Actually the impact on the airplane would be pretty much representative across the board, the only difference is in perceived value. Both viewpoints are valid depending on what you value most.

We recently did the whole raft of SIDs on a 185 we had apart for rebuild. Found a few small things and fixed them. While were at it we did the eddy-current checks on a pair of wing struts off another 180 we were fixing, and behold! Cracks in one strut through the rivet holes at the lug on one end. If that was allowed to remain hidden under a fairing for a while, the strut would fail.

IMHO, it's a matter of time before aging airplanes start falling out of the sky. I find scary stuff too frequently to think that because there's no real issue right now, that there won't be in the future.

I have flown airplanes in the past that were subsequently found to have lethal defects. An aft wing spar that was cracked two-thirds of the way through at the strut attach. A 172 stab forward spar that was broken all the way through in the center; the skin was all that was carrying the load at that point. A Champ wing strut that was rusted internally at the lower end to the point that a screwdriver was easily pushed though it.

Can't tell me that there aren't incipent failures out there.

I see Mike Busch is three years or more late as usual.

CPA warned about this retardedness years ago when Austrailia started it, and before the FAA had decided it wasn't mandatory here but no one knew yet. The 210 was being specifically targeted by CASA.

I personally have been wondering how much politics is involved, and how much GippsAero is involved/paying off politicians there to make their aircraft look more economically viable.

Typically yes if it is a popular 135 airplane like a 206 or Cherokee 6. Working planes bring a premium.

Part 135 compliant does not mean what you believe it does, I've seen some pretty ratty 135 aircraft.

Just because it has all the SBs complied with does not mean it's airworthy.

We recently did the whole raft of SIDs on a 185 we had apart for rebuild. Found a few small things and fixed them. While were at it we did the eddy-current checks on a pair of wing struts off another 180 we were fixing, and behold! Cracks in one strut through the rivet holes at the lug on one end.

Dan,

thanks for the comments. I'm curious about the 180. How many airframe hours? Did it have a history of float operations?

We recently did the whole raft of SIDs on a 185 we had apart for rebuild. Found a few small things and fixed them. While were at it we did the eddy-current checks on a pair of wing struts off another 180 we were fixing, and behold! Cracks in one strut through the rivet holes at the lug on one end. If that was allowed to remain hidden under a fairing for a while, the strut would fail.

IMHO, it's a matter of time before aging airplanes start falling out of the sky. I find scary stuff too frequently to think that because there's no real issue right now, that there won't be in the future.

I have flown airplanes in the past that were subsequently found to have lethal defects. An aft wing spar that was cracked two-thirds of the way through at the strut attach. A 172 stab forward spar that was broken all the way through in the center; the skin was all that was carrying the load at that point. A Champ wing strut that was rusted internally at the lower end to the point that a screwdriver was easily pushed though it.

Can't tell me that there aren't incipent failures out there.

The world is full of incipient failures, and eventually one of them will fail without fail, and you will die. We try to address these failures, but do so requires resources. Now there are many many different failures to address in life, far more than anyone has resources for, so you have to look at rates and effectiveness of the method of address, and the point of diminishing returns as to cost/effect on total risk. Personally I don't think a strut failure would be a bad way to go, crashes are always very calm.

Dan,

thanks for the comments. I'm curious about the 180. How many airframe hours? Did it have a history of float operations?

It was a floatplane and still is. Not sure of the hours, not at the shop right now to look it up. It's been bent before, too.

Actually the impact on the airplane would be pretty much representative across the board, the only difference is in perceived value. Both viewpoints are valid depending on what you value most.

The assertion has been made that for some aircraft, compliance would require extensive disassembly of the aircraft. :dunno:

Which mandatory service instructions do you disregard/have you disregarded? Why would MSB compliance threaten you? It isn't a daunting task for a reasonably well maintained airplane. It's mostly a one-time paperwork task to make a list and check it off.

Here's your list Stewart, get cracking. I assume you already have your secondary seat stop installed, that one alone is 32 pages.

BTW this is only a partial list and don't forget engine, prop plus all accessories too.

Publications Print Listing
Propeller Service Document Listing

Publication
Number Issue
Date Compliance Title of Publication
General Information Reference
Document
SEB07-5R06 06/11/2015 Mandatory Pilot and Copilot Secondary Seat Stop Install
Pilot and Copilot Secondary Seat Stop Installation
SEL-25-03R1 04/28/2015 Mandatory Equipment/Furnishings - Pilot and Copilot Seconda
Equipment/Furnishings - Pilot and Copilot Secondary Seat Stop Installation - Reel Assembly Inspection
SEL-25-03 02/25/2015 Mandatory Equipment/Furnishings - Pilot and Copilot Seconda
Equipment/Furnishings - Pilot and Copilot Secondary Seat Stop Installation - Reel Assembly Inspection
SEL-20-01R1 10/22/2014 Informational Standard Practices - Listing of Nondestructive Te
Standard Practices - Listing of Nondestructive Testing Facilities
SEL-28-04 12/04/2013 Mandatory Transmittal of Continental Motors Aircraft Engine
Transmittal of Continental Motors Aircraft Engine Service Bulletin SB13-4A
SNL10-12-R02 04/12/2013 Informational Teledyne Continental Motors Throttle and Mixture
Teledyne Continental Motors Throttle and Mixture Control Arms
SEL-05-01-R01 11/14/2012 Informational Continuing Airworthiness Program Structural Inspe
Continuing Airworthiness Program Structural Inspections Supersedure
SEL-74-03 10/17/2012 Mandatory Transmittal of Continental Motors, Inc. Service B
Transmittal of Continental Motors, Inc. Service Bulletin SB12-3 and Slick Service Bulletin SB1-12
SNL11-29 11/22/2011 Informational Cessna Service Document Change Notification
Cessna Service Document Change Notification
SNL10-11-R01 12/10/2010 Informational Teledyne Continental Motors Inspection of Ignitio
Teledyne Continental Motors Inspection of Ignition Harness Attachment Plate
SK150-72 06/29/2010 Not Applicable Assist Strap Installation
Assist Strap Installation
SK210-175A 06/15/2010 Not Applicable Copilot Secondary Seat Stop Installation
Copilot Secondary Seat Stop Installation SEB07-5-R02
SK210-174B 06/15/2010 Not Applicable Pilot Secondary Seat Stop Installation
Pilot Secondary Seat Stop Installation SEB07-5-R02
SNL10-5 05/18/2010 Informational Ethanol Based Fuel Not Approved For Use In Cessna
Ethanol Based Fuel Not Approved For Use In Cessna Airplanes
SEB09-7 11/23/2009 Mandatory Engine Hydraulic Lifter Inspection/Replacement
Engine Hydraulic Lifter Inspection/Replacement
SEB08-4-R01 04/27/2009 Mandatory Unison Industries Slick 4200/4300/6200/6300 Magne
Unison Industries Slick 4200/4300/6200/6300 Magnetos Inspection
SEB09-2 04/20/2009 Mandatory Engine Cylinder Inspection
Engine Cylinder Inspection
SK185-56 05/09/2008 Not Applicable McCauley Two Bladed Threadless Propeller Installa
This service kit can be used on the model series and serial numbers of airplanes listed that are equipped with a Teledyne Continental Motors IO-520-D engine. This service kit is not applicable to airplanes equipped with floats or airplanes previously modified in accordance with SE79-62.
SEB07-9 11/05/2007 Optional Gray Tinted Side and Aft Windows Availability
To announce that gray tinted side and aft cabin windows are available to replace existing windows.
SK210-176 09/20/2007 Not Applicable Fire Extinguisher Bracket Replacement
Fire Extinguisher Bracket Replacement NA
SK210-178 09/10/2007 Not Applicable Copilot Secondary Seat Stop Installation - Reel A
Copilot Secondary Seat Stop Installation - Reel Assembly Replacement SEB07-8
SK210-177 09/10/2007 Not Applicable Pilot Secondary Seat Stop Installation - Reel Asm
Pilot Secondary Seat Stop Installation - Reel Assembly Replacement SEB10-1
SEB07-8 09/10/2007 Mandatory Secondary Seat Stop Install - Reel Assy Inspect
It has been determined that some secondary seat stop 505590-401 Reel Assemblies may not always operate correctly and must be replaced as described in this Service Bulletin. Non-compliance with this Service Bulletin could allow the continued use of an inoperative secondary seat stop reel assembly.
SEB06-1R1 05/21/2007 Optional Gray Tinted Windshield Availability
To include additional windshield part numbers and airplane applicability to the Material section.
SNL06-18 12/26/2006 Informational FAA-Approved Deicing Updates - Winter 2006/07
This Service Newsletter provides notification that Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Notice Number N 8000.329: FAA - Approved Deicing Program Updates, Winter 2006 - 2007 has been issued.
SEB06-5 09/11/2006 Mandatory Electrical Ground Strap Inspection
It has been determined that some electrical ground straps may not have been manufactured correctly. The ground straps shall be inspected and if necessary, replaced as described in this Service Bulletin. Non-compliance with this Service Bulletin could allow corrosion to form on the ground strap and adjacent attachment points and potentially affect the performance of the electrical and avionics systems and related components.
SEB06-1 02/27/2006 Optional Gray Tinted Windshield Availability
SEB06-1 has been issued to announce that gray tinted windshields are available to replace existing windshields.
SNL05-16 11/21/2005 Informational FAA- Approved Deicing Program Update
To announce FAA Flight Standards Information Bulletin FSAT 05-02: FAA - Approved Deicing Prgram Updated, Winter 2005 - 2006. N/A
SEB05-6 10/31/2005 Mandatory Vacuum Pump Inspection/Replacement
To transmit Tempest Mandatory Service Bulletin Number SB-003: Vacuum Pump Replacement.
SEB86-8R2 06/07/2005 Mandatory Shoulder Harness Adjuster Spring Inspec/Removal
Some of the shoulder harness belt adjusters included in the affected shoulder harness Accessory Kits may have had a small wire spring installed inadvertently on the belt friction pin.
SNL05-4 03/14/2005 Informational FAA - Approved Deicing Program Update
To announce FAA Flight Standards Information Bulletin FSAT 04-05: FAA - Approved Deicing Prgram Updated, Winter 2004 - 2005. N/A
SNL05-2 01/31/2005 Informational Handling of Airplane Gryo Instruments
Maintenance Practices - Handling of Airplane Gryo Instruments.
SEB04-4 09/13/2004 Mandatory Fuel Hose Inspection
To inspect and verify approved fuel hose installed. N/A
SEB04-3 09/13/2004 Mandatory Magneto Capacitor Inspection
Transmit TCM Critical Service Bulletin CSB 665A requiring an inspection &, if required, replacement of affected part number 10-400615 magneto capacitors that may have a ground stud with threads that do not meet specification.
SNL03-10 10/27/2003 Informational Handling of Airplane Gyro Instruments
To transmit gyro handling guidelines set out in Honeywell Service Memo No. 377.
SEB86-8R1 07/28/2003 Mandatory Shoulder Harness Adjuster Spring Inspec/Removal
Some of the shoulder harness belt adjusters included in the affected shoulder harness Accessory Kits may have had a small wire spring installed inadvertently on the belt friction pin. AK140-10
SEB02-7 12/23/2002 Mandatory Magneto Capacitor Inspection
To transmit Teledyne Continental Ignition Systems Critical Service Bulletin CSB 02-8.
SEB02-3 02/18/2002 Mandatory Dry Vacuum Pump & Coupling Replacement
To provide replacement time requirements for engine driven dry vacuum pumps, electric standby vacuum pumps and vacuum pump drive couplings.
SEB02-2 02/18/2002 Mandatory Flammable Fluid Lines Inspection
Inspection of all flammable fluid carrying hoses/lines and oxygen lines in the cabin is required.
SEB95-3R1 09/17/2001 Mandatory Flap Support Inspection & Roller Washer Install.
Service experience indicates potential for wearing of the flap supports by the flap rollers. Inspection of the flap supports & rollers along with modification to install stainless steel washers on each side of the forward rollers shall be accomplished.
SEB01-7 06/25/2001 Mandatory Teledyne Control Engine Driven Fuel Pump Inspect
Engine Driven Fuel Pump Insp & Seal Leak Test Per CSB01-1 N/A
SEB99-18R1 04/30/2001 Mandatory Fuel Quantity Indicating System Inspection
To Verify Gauge Reads Empty When Tanks Are Empty N/A
SEB01-3 02/19/2001 Mandatory Control Yoke Inspection
Inspection For Corrosion Below The Pivot Attach Point N/A
SNL00-14 12/26/2000 Optional Cessna Service Information For Propeller Models
To Provide Description Of Service Information Offered N/A
SEB00-3R1 12/26/2000 Mandatory Teledyne Continental Engine Crankshaft Material
To Transmit TCM Mandatory Service Bulletin MSB00-5C N/A
SK172-110E 10/17/2000 Not Applicable Oil Temperature Gauge and Probe Replacement
Oil Temperature Gauge and Probe Replacement SEB92-14R1
SEB00-7 09/11/2000 Mandatory Vacuum System Air Filter Element Inspect/Replace
Inspection For Airborne Air Filter Element Spec. In Bulletin N/A
SNL00-11 08/28/2000 Informational Approved Nondestructive Testing Facilities (NDT)
To Provide A Listing Of Ndt Facilities NA
SNL00-02 01/17/2000 Informational Service Publications Temporary Revision Changes
To announce changes for temporary revisions NA
SNL00-01 01/17/2000 Informational Heavy Duty Flap Availability
New Heavy Duty Flaps Are Avalable NO
SNL99-14 11/15/1999 Optional Maintenance Practices - Airplane Gyro Instruments
Gyro Handling Procedures N/A
SEB99-13 09/13/1999 Optional Oxygen Gage Support Modification
To Announce Availability Of A Service Kit For Oxygen Gage SK210-162
SEB99-11 08/16/1999 Optional Window Latch Modification
Provides Detailed Procedures For Replacement Of Window Latch SK210-164
SEB99-09R1 08/16/1999 Recommended Engine Baffle Modification
Modify Engine Baffle To Provide Clearance For Seventh Stud NA
SEB99-06 04/26/1999 Mandatory Teledyne Continental Crankshaft Inspection
Transmit Teledyne Continental Critical SB CSB99-3 NA
SEB99-05 04/26/1999 Mandatory Wing Fuel Tank Vent Check Valve Inspection
Inspect For S2359-1 Check Valve To Ensure Nonobstruction NA
SEB98-10 12/31/1998 Mandatory Fuel Strainer To Assembly Inspection
Inspection Of Fuel Strainer For Burrs And Shavings NA
SNL98-12 12/21/1998 Informational Year 2000 Calendar Preparation
Year 2000 Calendar Preparation
SNL98-11 12/21/1998 Informational Year 2000 Readiness Disclosure
Addresses Readiness Of Year 2000 For Various Systems NA
SNL98-08R1 11/02/1998 Informational Revised Maintenance Practices - Hazardous Air
Replace Pages 1 And 2 Of SNL98-8 NA
SEB98-09 11/02/1998 Mandatory Airborne Vacuum Pump Inspection
Transmit Airborne Air & Fuel Products Service Letter #48
SEB98-08 11/02/1998 Optional Engine Oil Filter Adapter Installation
Mod.to Replace Oil Screen Asy. Or Canister/element Type Asy. SK210-160
SNL98-09R1 10/26/1998 Informational New Pilot Safety And Warning Supplements
Announce New Pilot Safety & Warning Supplement D5139-13 NA
SEB98-06R1 10/26/1998 Mandatory Engine Intake And Exhaust Valve Inspection
Correct Shipment Dates To Match Tcm Bulletin CSB98-1B NA
SEB98-07 10/05/1998 Mandatory Fuel Pressure/flow Gage Fuel Supply Line Inspect
Inspect Line Between Instruction Panel & Firewall For Abrasion NA
SNL98-10 09/14/1998 Informational Cessna Service Information For Propeller Models
Brief Description Of Service Information Issued By Cessna NA
SNL98-08 07/20/1998 Informational Revised Maintenance Practices - Hazardous Air
Refer To Federal Register, 40 Code Of Fed. Reg. Part 63 NA
SNL98-07 06/29/1998 Informational Approved Nondestructive Testing Facilities
This Service Newsletter Supersedes SNL95-8 NA
SNL98-03 04/27/1998 Informational Cessna Customer Care Supplies And Pubs Catalog
1998 Cessna Customer Care Sup. & Pubs. Catalog (D7512-13) NA
SEB97-10 12/15/1997 Mandatory Teledyne Continental Motors (TCM) Crankshaft Ultr
Issue Tcm Mandatory Service Bulletin MSB96-10 NA
SEB92-32R1 12/15/1997 Mandatory Repl. Of Airmelt (Non-Var) Crankshafts Installed
Transmit TCM Critical Service Bulletin CSB96-8 NA
SEB97-09 11/17/1997 Mandatory Fuel Strainer Assembly Inspection
Inspect 0756005-2/-8/-9 Shipped From Cessna 12/12/96 & 9/5/97 NA
SEB97-04 07/28/1997 Mandatory Engine Piston Pin Plug Wear Inspection
Transmit TCM Critical Service Bulletin CSB97-10A NA
SNL97-03 04/18/1997 Informational New Cessna Service Station Directory
Announces P/N D7540-13 Directory (Dated January 1997) NA
SNL97-02 03/17/1997 Informational Cessna Customer Care Supplies And Pubs Catalog
1997 Cessna Customer Care Supp. & Pubs. Catalog (D7501-13) NA
SEB96-15 10/18/1996 Mandatory S51-10 Hose Inspection/replacement
S51-10 Hose Shipped From CPD 3/28/95-6/28/96 May Deteriorate NA
SEB96-04R1 10/18/1996 Mandatory Auxiliary Fuel Boost Pump Variable Resistor Mod
Mandatory Compliance Requirement Plus Credit Labor Allowance SEE SEB96-4R1
SEB96-13 08/16/1996 Mandatory Engine Crankshaft Gear Bolt Inspection
See TCM's SB96-3.incorrect Part No. Bolts Sup. In P/N 536379 NA
SNL96-03 08/09/1996 Informational New Cessna Service Station Directory
Announces P/N D7494-13 Directory (Dated May 1996) NA
SK210-154A 07/24/1996 Not Applicable Auxiliary Fuel Boost Pump Variable Resistor Insta
Auxiliary Fuel Boost Pump Variable Resistor Installation SEB96-04R1
SEB91-06R2 05/17/1996 Mandatory Requirement To Oil-fill Propeller Hubs
Transmit Mccauley Bulletin 184B, Revise Effectivity Section NA
SEB91-01R1 05/17/1996 Mandatory Propeller Oil-fill Modification Requirement
Rev. Effec. Sec.. Refer To SEB91-6R2 For Addl. Oil-fill Info NA
SEB96-07 05/10/1996 Recommended AN3-5A Bolt Inspection/replacement
Bolts Shipped 8/2/94-4/6/95 Do Not Meet Shear Strength Spec. NA
SNL96-02 04/19/1996 Informational Cessna Prop. Aircraft Product Support Brochure
Cessna Propeller Aircraft Product Support Brochure D7492-13 NA
SEB96-02 03/29/1996 Mandatory Seat Belt & Shoulder Harness Connection Inspec.
To Obtain Proper Shoulder Harness/seat Belt Connection NA
SNL95-10 12/29/1995 Informational Cessna Customer Care Supplies And Pubs Catalog
1996 Cessna Customer Care Supp. & Pubs. Catalog (D7480-13) NA
SNL95-09 11/17/1995 Informational FAA Apv'd Supp Type Cert (STC's) & FAA-PMA Apv'd
FAA Responsible For Aftermarket STC & PMA Components NA
SNL95-08 09/01/1995 Informational Approved Nondestructive Testing Facilities
Cessna Certified Nondestructive Testing Facilities NA
SNL95-04 07/14/1995 Informational New Cessna Service Station Directory
Announces P/N D7479-13 Directory (Dated March 1995) NA
SEB95-05 03/24/1995 Mandatory Engine Crankcase Stud Inspection
Transmit TCM Critical Service Bulletin CSB94-15 NA
SEB95-03 03/10/1995 Recommended Flap Support Inspection & Roller Washer Install.
Install Stainless Steel Washers On Each Side Of Fwd. Rollers SEE SEB95-3
SEB95-01 02/24/1995 Mandatory Engine Oil Pump Gasket Inspection
TCM Service Bulletin SB94-11, Oil Pump Gasket P/N 64379 Insp. NA
SNL95-02 01/20/1995 Recommended Continued Airworthiness Program
Specifies Additional Inspections Which Should Be Performed NA
SNL95-01 01/20/1995 Informational Cessna Customer Care Supplies And Pubs Catalog
1995 Cessna Customer Care Supp. & Pubs. Catalog (D7469-13) NA
SNL94-13 12/30/1994 Informational Revised Progressive Care & Continuous Inspec.
Revision 4 Plus Information For Developing Insp. Programs NA
SEB93-17R1 12/16/1994 Mandatory Pitot Heater Operation Warning Placards
Rev. Effectivity Sect. To Include Additional Serial Numbers NA
SEB94-23 11/23/1994 Mandatory Engine Crankshaft Flange Timing Marks Inspection
Transmit TCM Service Bulletin SB94-7 NA
SEB94-07R1 11/23/1994 Mandatory Dukes Auxiliary Fuel Boost Pump Overhaul Interval
Revise Compliance Section Per Dukes Mandatory Bull. 0003 NA
SEB94-06R1 11/23/1994 Mandatory Dukes Auxiliary Fuel Boost Pump Vane Replacement
Revise Compliance Section Per Dukes Mandatory Bull. 0001 NA
SEB93-01R1 10/28/1994 Mandatory Engine Oil Filter Adapter Inspection
Engine Oil Filter Adapter Inspection NA
SEB94-15 07/15/1994 Recommended Fuel Quantity Gauge And Transmitter Replacement
Replace Stewart Warner Components With Rochester Components SEE SEB94-15
SEB92-15R1 07/15/1994 Recommended Engine Cylinder Head Temperature Gauge & Sensor
Replace Stewart Warner Components With Rochester Components SEE BULLETIN
SNL94-08 07/01/1994 Informational New Cessna Service Station Directory
Announces P/N D7467-13 Directory (Dated May 1994) NA
SEB94-10 05/27/1994 Mandatory Replacement Of Magneto Coils And Rotating Magnets
Transmit TCM Ignition Systems Service Bulletn MSB644 NA
SEB94-09 05/27/1994 Mandatory Inspection Of Riveted Impulse Couplings And Stop
This Bulletin Supersedes SEB92-6 NA
SEB92-06R1 05/27/1994 Mandatory Magneto Impulse Coupling And Stop Pin Inspection
SEB92-6 Is Superseded By Service Bulletin SEB94-9 NA
SNL94-06 05/20/1994 Informational Propeller Airplanes Serial Number Listing
Revised Serial Number Listing Replaces SNL87-26 NA
SNL94-04 04/29/1994 Informational Cessna Service Information For Propeller Models
Types Of Service Information Being Issued By Cessna NA
SEB94-05 03/18/1994 Mandatory Magneto Capacitor Inspection
TCM Service Bulletin CSB94-1, Tcm Ignition Bull. CSB641 & Lycoming #517 NA
SNL93-10 12/30/1993 Informational Cessna Customer Care Supplies And Pubs Catalog
1994 Cessna Customer Care Supplies And Publications Catalog NA
SEB92-14R1 12/23/1993 Recommended Engine Oil Temperature Gauge & Probe Replacement
Rev. Effectivity, Purpose, Compl., Credit, Accomplish. Sec. SEE BULLETIN
SEB93-18 12/17/1993 Mandatory Propeller Threaded Blade Inspection
Transmit Mccauley Service Bulletin 204 NA
SNL93-09 12/10/1993 Informational Field Inspection And Repair Of Mccauley Propeller
Repairs To Obtain Optimum Service Life Of Mccauley Propeller NA
SNL93-06 09/17/1993 Informational Maintenance Practices For Pressure Cylinders
FAA Order 8000.40C On Maintenance Of Pressure Cylinders NA
SEB92-33R2 09/10/1993 Mandatory Overhead Lighting Console Installation Inspection
Revise Material, Accomplishment Instructions And Credit Sec. NA
SNL93-04 07/16/1993 Informational New Cessna Service Station Directory
Announces P/N D7454-13 Directory (Dated May 1993) NA
SNL93-03 06/25/1993 Informational Cabin Skin Panel Corrosion Inspection And Repair
Repair Corrosion Damage Under Vibration Damping Material NA
SEB93-07 06/25/1993 Mandatory Valve Retainer Key Installation Inspection
Transmit TCM Mandatory Service Bulletin MSB93-12 NA
SEB93-06 06/25/1993 Mandatory Magneto Impulse Coupling Installation Procedures
Transmit TCM Bulletin M93-10 & TCM Ignition Bulletin No. 639 NA
SEB93-02 03/26/1993 Mandatory Rocker Arm To Rotocoil Clearance Inspection
Transmit TCM Service Bulletin M93-8 (or Later Revision) NA
SNL92-08 12/31/1992 Informational Cessna Customer Care Supplies And Pubs Catalog
1993 Cessna Customer Care Supplies And Publications Catalog NA
SNL92-07 10/09/1992 Informational Approval Of Slick 4300 And 6300 Series Magnetos
Ref. Slick Form L-1058-H, Textron Serv. Instr.1374B Or 1443A NA
SEB92-29 10/09/1992 Mandatory Ignition Switch Inspection
Transmit TCM Mandatory Service Bulletin No. 636 NA
SNL85-18R2 09/04/1992 Informational Shoulder Harness Kit Availability
SNL85-18/SNL85-18 Rev.1 Is Superseded By SEB92-28 Or MEB92-8 NA
SK185-51 09/04/1992 Not Applicable Fuel Sampler Cup And Drain Valve Installation
Fuel Sampler Cup And Drain Valve Installation SEB92-24
SEB92-28 09/04/1992 Mandatory Seat Belt And Shoulder Harness Installation
Provide Metal-to-metal Connection Type Assemblies SEE SEB92-28
SEB92-27 09/04/1992 Mandatory Reduced Dia Vented Fuel Cap Instl & Turbo Placard
This Bulletin Supersedes SE77-6/-6 Rev.1, SE84-16/-16 Rev.1 SEE SEB92-27
SEB92-24 09/04/1992 Mandatory Fuel System Quick Drain Valve Installation
This Service Bulletin Supersedes SE79-45 SK185-51
SEB89-02R2 09/04/1992 Mandatory Pilot Seat Secondary Stop Installation
Extend Credit Date And Revise Compliance Section SK185-36D
SE84-16R2 09/04/1992 Recommended Fuel Filler Diameter Mod & External Turbo Placard
This Service Letter Is Superseded By SEB92-27 NA
SE79-45R1 09/04/1992 See Publication Fuel Quick Drains
This Service Letter Is Superseded By SEB92-24 And MEB92-07 NA
SE77-06R2 09/04/1992 See Publication Vented Fuel Caps
SE77-6 Revision 1 Is Superseded By SEB92-27 Or ME84-31 NA
SNL92-04 07/10/1992 Informational New Cessna Service Directory
Announces P/N D7437-13 Directory (Dated June 1992) NA
SEB92-09 05/01/1992 Mandatory Eng Rocker Shaft Retention Imp. For Inclined Valv
Transmit TCM Mandatory Service Bulletin M92-6 NA
SK150-46D 03/30/1992 Not Applicable Circuit Breaker Replacement
Circuit Breaker Replacement SE76-15
SNL92-01 01/17/1992 Informational Cessna Customer Care Supplies And Pubs Catalog
1992 Cessna Customer Care Supplies And Publications Catalog NA
SNL91-05 12/13/1991 Informational Temporary Revisions To Maintenance Manuals & Part
Temporary Revisions For Paper & Aerofiche In Paper Form Only NA
SEB91-13 12/03/1991 Mandatory Engine Oil Pick-up Tube Installation Inspection
Teledyne Continental Mandatory Service Bulletin M91-10 NA
SEB91-12 12/03/1991 Mandatory Engine Cylinder Barrel Inspection
Teledyne Continental Mandatory Service Bulletin M91-6 & M91-7 NA
SNL91-03 07/26/1991 Informational New Cessna Sales And Service Directory
Announces P/N D7427-13 Directory (Dated May 1991) NA
SEB91-01 02/22/1991 Mandatory Propeller Oil-fill Modification Requirement
Provide Improved Lubrication And Corrosion Protection NA
SNL90-13 12/21/1990 Informational Cessna Customer Care Supplies And Pubs Catalog
1991 Cessna Customer Care Supplies And Publications Catalog NA
SNL90-06 09/21/1990 Informational Champion Oil Filter Recall
Review TCM Service Bulletin M90-14 And Champion Alert 90-1 NA
SEB90-04 08/17/1990 Optional Tcm Engine Ignition System Installation
Announces Approval & Availability Of Tcm Ignition System NA
SNL90-05 06/22/1990 Informational New Cessna Sales And Service Directory
Announces P/N D7409-13 Directory (dated May 1990) NA
SNL89-16 12/29/1989 Informational Customized Service Bulletin Listing Program
Provides List Of All S/B's Applicable To Your Airplane NA
SNL89-19 12/08/1989 Informational Cessna Customer Care Supplies And Pubs Catalog
P/N D7407-13 (1990) Now Available - (supersedes SNL88-15) NA
SNL89-15 09/22/1989 Informational Production Change For Aerofiche Publications
All Future Aerofiche Production Will Be In Negative Format NA
SNL89-14 09/15/1989 Informational Revised Progressive Care & Continuous Inspection
Announces P/N D5552-2-13 Operations Manual NA
SNL89-05 03/31/1989 Informational Propeller Aircraft Special Tools Catalog
This Publication Supersedes P/N D5487-13 And P/N D5510-13 NA
SNL88-12 08/05/1988 Informational Importance of Pilot Seat Security, Inspec & Maint
Stresses The Importance Of Inspection And Maintenance NA
SNL88-06 03/25/1988 Informational Revised Progressive Care & Continuous Inspection
This Publication Superseded By SNL89-14 NA
SNL88-03 01/15/1988 Informational Teledyne Continental Motors Oil Filter Replace
'Pro-tech' Oil Filters Must Be Replaced (TCM S/B M88-4) NA
SNL87-27 11/13/1987 Informational Revision Status Checklist Cards For Technical Pub
Also Includes Order Form P/N D5573-13 NA
SEB86-05R1 08/28/1987 Mandatory Special 'Seat Locked & Fuel Contamination' Warn
Placards Sent To All Registered Owners NA
SEB87-04 06/12/1987 Recommended Aileron Hinge Inspection
Applies if 0523816-1 Hinges were Installed I/A/W SE84-22 NA
SNL87-10 03/13/1987 Informational Cessna Propeller Aircraft Technical Support
Announces Extensive Network Of People/facilities & Resources NA
SNL85-03R2 03/06/1987 Informational A/C Windshield & Window Maintenance Procedure
Maintenance And Cleaning Procedures For Acrylic Windshields NA
SEB86-08 11/21/1986 Mandatory Shoulder Harness Adjuster Spring Removal
Applies If Shoulder Harness Accessory Kit Has Been Installed NA
SNL86-44 09/12/1986 Informational Flight Control Surface Balancing Information
Supplemental Info & Detailed Info On Use Of Balance Fixture NA
SNL86-42 09/12/1986 Informational Reduced Freight Rates For Shipment Of TCM Engines
Teledyne Continental Distributor Information Letter DIL86-10 NA
SNL86-39 09/05/1986 Informational Phillips X/C II Multiviscosity Oil
Phillips X/C II Oil Does Not Qualify To Mil Specification NA
SNL86-06R1 02/21/1986 Informational Slick Master Service Manual Availability
Announces New Slick Master Service Manual P/N F-1100 NA
SNL85-58 12/20/1985 Informational Use Of Overhauled/Reconditioned Dry Vacuum Pump
Airborne Service Letter No. 29 Attached NA
SNL85-54 11/27/1985 Informational Revised O/H-replacement Req. For Hydraulic System
Specific Items Revised To 'on Condition' Overhaul Interval NA
SNL85-53 11/27/1985 Informational Cessna Pilot Safety And Warning Supplements
Provides P/N D5099-13 Safety And Warning Supplement NA
SNL85-51 11/15/1985 Informational New Cessna Aircraft Condition Report Form
P/N D5537-13 Form (P/N D5537-1-13 Available 1-1-89) NA
SNL85-50 11/08/1985 Informational Revised Serialization For Cessna Service Letter
SE78-10 Applicability Chart Revised NA
SNL85-45 10/11/1985 Informational Cessna Owner Advisory Service
Provides Application Form NA
SNL85-39 08/23/1985 Informational Magneto 'P' Lead Nut Torque
Applies To Aircraft With Slick Magnetos Only NA
SNL85-35R1 08/23/1985 Informational Use Of Airplane Lights For Daytime Recognition
FAA Safety Program 'Operation Lights On' NA
SNL85-34 08/09/1985 Informational Proper Engine Break-in Procedure
TCM Bulletin M81-5, Lycoming Service Instruction 1427A NA
SE84-09R2 07/05/1985 See Publication Rubber Fuel Cell Drain Valve Relocation
Modification To Reduce Fuel Cell Wrinkles Or Folds SEE SE84-09R2
SEB85-10 05/31/1985 Mandatory Propeller Hub Modification And Replacement
Modifies Three-bladed Props To 'Oil Filled' Configuration NA
SNL85-17 03/29/1985 Informational Induction Air Filter Replacement (AD 84-26-02)
Paper Type Air Filters - Replace Every 500 Hours NA
SNL85-13 03/22/1985 Informational Improved Flashing Beacon Bulbs
New P/N C17312-1 Bulb Available NA
SNL85-08 02/15/1985 Informational Oil Leak Troubleshooting Maintenance Tip
Use Of Dye Penetrant Developer NA
SNL85-01 01/18/1985 Informational New Cessna Service Information System
New Service Bulletin, Service Newsletter & Ssn Categories NA
SE84-23 12/14/1984 Optional Low Vacuum Warning Light Installation
Automatically Illuminates When Suction Drops SK172-87
SE84-22 11/30/1984 Optional Aileron Hinge Assembly Improvement
Features A Screw To Secure Hinge Pin In Position NA
NL84-08R1 11/30/1984 Informational TCM Engine Preservation For Active And Stored Air
TCM Service Bulletin M84-10 Rev. #1 NA
NL84-18 10/26/1984 Informational Slick Magneto Servicing Interval
100 Hour And 500 Hour Service Requirements NA
SK310-32D 04/04/1984 Not Applicable Oxygen Refill Kit-Less Bottles
Oxygen Refill Kit-Less Bottles NA
SK206-25 03/15/1984 Not Applicable LH fuel cell drain modification
LH fuel cell drain modification SE84-09R2
SK206-24 03/15/1984 Not Applicable RH fuel cell drain modification
RH fuel cell drain modification SE84-09R2
SE84-04 02/03/1984 See Publication Rubber Fuel Cell Inspection
Check For Wrinkles Or Folds NA
NL83-19 09/02/1983 Informational Windshield Sealant Kit - Nonpressurized Aircraft
Contains Sealant, Applicators And Instructions Only (TMK01) NA
NL83-15 05/13/1983 Informational Wells Mfg. VR730 Voltage Regulator
Do Not Use Automotive Electrical Components On Aircraft NA
SE83-10 04/29/1983 Optional Oxygen Bottle Bracket Improvement
Heavier Constructed Bracket/improved Service Life NA
SE83-06 03/11/1983 Recommended Seat Rail Inspection Guidelines - (AD87-20-03R1)
All S.E. Models Using Extruded Beam Type Seat Rails NA
NL82-13 12/03/1982 Informational Dorne & Margolin Elt Battery Packs
Dorne & Margolin Bulletin DM 254 Attached NA
SE82-36 07/30/1982 Mandatory Fuel Contamination
Stresses Importance Of Routine Fuel System Inspec. & Maint. NA
SE82-35 07/30/1982 See Publication Ignition Switch Inspection
Detect Bendix Switches That Allow Key Removal When Not 'Off' NA
SE82-34 07/23/1982 Recommended Flush Fuel Cap Sealing Test Procedure
Identify And Isolate Areas Of Leakage/ensure Proper Sealing SK182-65
SE82-33 07/23/1982 Recommended Warning Against Use Of Automotive Gasoline
All SE A/C Originally Certified For Operation w/100 Octane NA
NL82-09 05/21/1982 Informational Vacuum Distribution System Troubleshooting
Announces Airborne 343 Test Box & Troubleshooting Procedures NA
SE82-08 02/22/1982 Recommended Vacuum System Maintenance Procedures
To Review Vacuum System Maintenance Procedures NA
SE82-06 02/15/1982 See Publication Crankshaft Oil Seal Retainer
Approves Installation Of Crankshaft Oil Seal Retainer NA
SE81-41 10/12/1981 Not Applicable 180/185 Stabilizer Jackscrew Access
Improve Access To Jackscrews For Lubrication And Maintenance SK185-27
NL81-07 06/19/1981 Informational Use Of Multi-viscosity Oil In TCM Engines
TCM Service Bulletin M81-11 Has Been Superseded By M82-8 NA
NL81-05 06/05/1981 Informational Goodyear Tire/Wheel Balancer
Brochure Describes New Goodyear Tire/wheel Balancer NA
SK210-84A 05/11/1981 Not Applicable Alternator Support Bracket Installation
Alternator Support Bracket Installation
SK185-27 05/04/1981 Not Applicable Stabilizer Jackscrew Access Cover
Stabilizer Jackscrew Access Cover SE81-41
SK320-2K 04/30/1981 Not Applicable Unmetered Fuel Pressure Test Kit
Unmetered Fuel Pressure Test Kit SL62-11
SE80-87 10/27/1980 See Publication Fuel Contamination
Procedures To Discover, Remove, And/or Prevent Contamination NA
SE80-86 10/20/1980 See Publication Electrical System Improvements
Emphasizes Recent Product Improvements NA
SE80-41A2 06/30/1980 See Publication Slick Magneto Impulse Couplings
Announces Closing Date For Credit Program NA
SE80-59S1 06/23/1980 See Publication Sealing Of Flush Type Fuel Caps
Installation And Maintenance Procedures SK182-65
SE80-59 06/23/1980 See Publication Sealing Of Flush Type Fuel Caps
Fuel Cap Alignment Placard NA
NL80-09 06/06/1980 Informational Volcanic Ash Hazard (FAA Advisory Circular)
AC No. 43-16 'Volcanic Ash Hazard' NA
SE80-58 05/27/1980 See Publication Improved Window And Windshield Sealer
Improved Sealer (Isocryl 5603) Now Being Used NA
SE80-41A1 04/07/1980 See Publication Slick Magneto Impulse Couplings
Listing Of Authorized Slick Electro Distributors NA
SE80-41 03/31/1980 See Publication Slick Magneto Impulse Couplings
Lycoming Service Bulletin #449 And Tcm Service Bulletin #m80-7 NA
AK185-11J 01/04/1980 Not Applicable Rear Seat Installation
Rear Seat Installation
SE79-62 12/17/1979 See Publication 185 Engine Mount
Kit Required When 3-blade Propeller Is Installed SK185-22A
SK185-22A 12/10/1979 Not Applicable Engine Mount Replacement
Engine Mount Replacement SE79-62
SE79-59 11/26/1979 See Publication Alternator Ground Strap - (AD79-25-07)
Provides Additional Method Of Grounding Shock-mounted Alt. NA
SE79-50 10/01/1979 See Publication Alternator Belt (60 And 95 Amp Alternators)
Improved Belt P/N S2416-1-31.0 Has A Longer Service Life NA
SE79-30 06/18/1979 See Publication Use Of Fuel Additives For Cold Weather Operation
Cold Weather Operation Procedures Attached NA
AK180-77 05/01/1979 Not Applicable Fuel Sampler Cup & Drain Valve Installation
Fuel Sampler Cup & Drain Valve Installation
SE79-06 04/16/1979 See Publication Engine Control Attachment
Improved Attachment For Throttle, Mixture & Prop Controls NA
SE79-05 02/26/1979 See Publication Alternator Support Bracket Installation
New Integral Engine Mount Leg & Alternator Support Bracket SK210-84
SE78-73 12/22/1978 See Publication Fuel Primer (O-ring P/N NAS1593-012)
New O-ring Provides Smoother Operation And Improved Sealing NA
AK180-72J 06/02/1978 Not Applicable Ground Service Receptacle - 12 Volt
Ground Service Receptacle - 12 Volt
SE78-32 05/29/1978 See Publication Inspecting For Fuel Leak Sources
Check Cap And Adapter When Inspecting Per SE78-10 NA
SE78-10S1 05/08/1978 See Publication Fuel Tank Inspection
Reminder To Check Applicability With SE75-7 & SE75-7S1 NA
SE78-12 03/13/1978 See Publication Propeller Hub Inspection And Modification
Inspect Non-oil-filled Propellers For Cracks NA
SE78-10 03/13/1978 See Publication Fuel Tank Inspection
Inspect Goodyear Btc-39 Tanks For Deterioration NA
SE77-44 12/19/1977 See Publication Self-locking Nut Inspect / Oxygen System Mod
Replace Selected Brass Nuts With Steel Self-locking Nuts. Original Oxygen Cylinder And Regulator No Longer Available. SK180-35
SE77-29 07/25/1977 See Publication Crankcase Identification, Inspection And Replace
TCM Service Bulletin M77-14 Attached NA
SE77-19 06/27/1977 See Publication Flap Selector Follow-up / Alternator Capscrew
New Control Cable Utilizes A Wire-wound Outer Housing. Check Capscrew Torque - Use Loctite 242. Placard P/n 0705058-1 To Be Used If Litter Door Installed. NA
AK182-151H 05/11/1977 Not Applicable Courtesy Lights - (Set of 2) - 12 Volt
Courtesy Lights - (Set of 2) - 12 Volt
SE77-04 02/28/1977 See Publication Oil Filled Propeller Hubs
Service Information Attached NA
AK172-103L 12/21/1976 Not Applicable Map and Instrument Light - LH Door Post Mounted
Map and Instrument Light - LH Door Post Mounted
AK172-52Q 12/20/1976 Not Applicable Stretcher Installation
Stretcher Installation
SNL76-08 12/13/1976 Informational Announcing Aerofiche For Cessna Publications
Cessna Introduces Aerofiche Service Manuals & Parts Catalogs NA
SE76-24 11/22/1976 See Publication Hydraulic Pwr Pack / Troubleshoot Eng Roughness
Announces New Solenoids For Improved Service Life. Procedures To Reduce Vibration. NA
SE76-23 11/22/1976 See Publication Control Cable/Fuel / Shoulder Harness Attach Bolt
Check To Prevent Interference And Install Spiral Wrap. Replace Bolt At Cabin Top To Provide Extra Strength. NA
SE76-22 11/15/1976 See Publication Engine Mount Refinishing
Instructions To Clean And Apply High Temperature Enamel NA
SNL76-07 10/22/1976 Informational Notice Of Cessna Publications Copyright
Cessna Publications Are Not To Be Reproduced NA
SE76-18 10/11/1976 See Publication Airbox Seal Inspection
Check For Secure Seal Bonding To Expander Boot NA
SE76-08S1 05/10/1976 See Publication Cleaning Of Flush Fuel Caps
Announces Replacement Parts For Vent Seal NA
SK421-68D 05/07/1976 Not Applicable Hydro Modification (Model SE589 and Model SE588 M
Hydro Modification (Model SE589 and Model SE588 Modified with Service Kit SK210-38)
AK180-61M 05/03/1976 Not Applicable Cessna Economy Mixture Indicator Installation
Cessna Economy Mixture Indicator Installation
SE76-10 04/19/1976 See Publication Ignition Switch Inspection
Inspect For Positive Engine Shutoff And Repair If Required NA
SE76-08 02/27/1976 See Publication Cleaning Of Flush Fuel Caps
Procedure To Clean And Replace Worn Parts Of Cap NA
SE76-05 02/13/1976 See Publication Tail Light Lens Retainer/Battery Cable/Cowl Flap
Replace Lens Retainer For Correct Light Dispersion. Re-route Cable To Ensure Proper Clearance. NA
AK210-48L 11/18/1975 Not Applicable Alternate Static Source Installation
Alternate Static Source Installation
AK205-68J 11/12/1975 Not Applicable Static Dischargers (set of 7)
Static Dischargers (set of 7)
SE75-17 08/15/1975 See Publication Strobe Light System Maintenance
Service Information Attached NA
SNL75-03 08/01/1975 Informational Color Code For Low Lead Avgas 100
100LL Avgas Is Blue And 100/130 Avgas Is Green In Color NA
SE75-12 06/27/1975 See Publication Cht Probe Location / Painting Of Formed Abs Part
Inspect To Make Sure Probe Is In Correct Location. Procedure Attached. NA
SE75-10 06/13/1975 See Publication Cabin Door Latch / Cylinder Head Temp Send Unit
New Pushrod Provides More Rigid Link Between Handle & Latch. P/n S1372-2 Unit Utilizes A Socket Connector. NA
SE75-09 04/25/1975 See Publication Throttle Mixture Cntrl / Tailgear Assembly Attach
Redesigned Retainers & New Slotted Bracket Available. Tailwheel Casting Should Be Bonded To Spring. NA
SE75-07 03/07/1975 See Publication Fuel Cell Capacity (Revised Placards Needed)
Applies If Cell Has A Manufacturing Date Of June 73 Or Later NA
SE74-28S1 12/23/1974 See Publication United Instrument Altimeter Directive(AD74-24-13)
Provides Additional Accomplishment Instruction Information NA
SK150-20A 12/16/1974 Not Applicable Wheel Balancer
Wheel Balancer
SE74-28 11/23/1974 See Publication United Instrument Altimeter Directive(AD74-24-13)
Replace/modify Applicable Altimeters NA
AK150-53G 11/20/1974 Not Applicable Detector - Navigation Lights (Rod Type)
Detector - Navigation Lights (Rod Type)
SE74-21 09/27/1974 See Publication Slick Magneto Modification (AD74-08-05)
Inspect Impulse Coupling Pawl Rivets And Replace Coupling NA
AK185-42D 08/05/1974 Not Applicable Winterization Kit
Winterization Kit
SNL74-03 06/21/1974 Informational Wichita is now a U.S.ort of Entry
Wichita is now a U.S.ort of Entry NA
SE73-38 11/30/1973 See Publication Corrosion Prevention
New Techniques In Corrosion Protection, Prevention & Removal NA
SE73-34 11/09/1973 See Publication Prop To Ring Gear Support / Exhaust Gasket Change
These Assemblies Were Incorrectly Indexed; Should Be Changed. 'Padded' Key Available To Replace Old Style Key. Sheet Metal Gasket Provides Better Service Life. NA
SE73-29 09/28/1973 Recommended 172 Cowling Imp / Shoulder Harn Seat Belt Connect
Changes Provide Increased Strength And Improved Fit. O-Ring Improves Shoulder Harness To Seat Belt Connection. NA
SE73-25 09/14/1973 See Publication Elevator Trim Tab Actuating System Maintenance
100-hour And 1000-hour Maintenance Requirements Established NA
SE73-21 08/17/1973 See Publication Air Filter Inspection And Maintenance
Two Types Of Filters In Use - Flock-coated & Paper-media NA
AK185-46D 07/23/1973 Not Applicable Wing Leveler Installation
Wing Leveler Installation
SE73-10 04/27/1973 See Publication Ignition Switch Grnd / Fuel Pump / Castering Gear
Remove Grounding Strap From Ignition Switch. Hole Added To Alternator Support Bracket. Nas 145 And Nas 146 Bolts Replaced With Studs. NA
AK185-43A 02/01/1973 Not Applicable Center Seat Installation-Individual (6-Place Vers
Center Seat Installation-Individual (6-Place Version)
AK185-3H 01/18/1973 Not Applicable Oil Dilution System
Oil Dilution System
SE72-36 12/08/1972 See Publication Floatplane And Amphibian Rudder Bar Improvements
Install Stronger Rudder Bar Assembly When Replacement Req'd NA
SE72-34 11/17/1972 See Publication Bus Bar Power Supply Cable / Winterization Kit
Relocate Bus Bar To Clear Instrument Panel. Ensure Air Filter Cover Is Properly Installed.
AK205-104H 05/31/1972 Not Applicable 300 Nav-O-Matic Autopilot (12-Volt) Basic Electro
300 Nav-O-Matic Autopilot (12-Volt) Basic Electronics
AK205-116E 05/17/1972 Not Applicable Transmitter/Audio Selector Switch Kit
Transmitter/Audio Selector Switch Kit
SE71-42 12/10/1971 See Publication Alternator Support Bracket Improvement
Gusset Added - Bracket Shot Peened NA
SE71-40 11/24/1971 See Publication Alternator Thru-bolt
New Thru-bolt, Improved Retainer, And Increased Torque NA
SE71-39 11/24/1971 See Publication Throttle Control/Tubular Landing Gear/Door Handle
Improved P/N C299505-xxxx Available. EA-9309 Adhesive Used To Bond Step. Spacer Added To Inside Door Handle. NA
SE71-27R1 11/12/1971 See Publication Cowl Flap Hinge Pin / Aileron Balance Weight Insp
New Hinge Pin Has An Additional Bend To Improve Security. Inspect Attachment Rivets - Replace With 5/32-inch. NA
SE71-07S1 11/03/1971 See Publication Flexible Fluid Hose Inspection
Recommended Inspection And Maintenance Procedures Attached NA
SE71-30 10/15/1971 See Publication Non-congealing Oil Cooler
Incorporates Structural Changes For Improved Reliability SK182-45A
SE71-24 08/20/1971 See Publication Battery Cable Clamping
Two Clamps Used To Support Cable Under Floor NA
SK180-18G 08/06/1971 Not Applicable Fuselage Repair Jig Complete
Fuselage Repair Jig Complete
SE71-21 07/23/1971 See Publication Circuit Breaker / Flap Pos Indtr / Throttle Cable
Minor Differences Between Wood Elect. & Mechanical Products. New Follow-up Cable Available - Less Internal Friction. Changed From A Bronze To A Steel Rod At Engine End. NA
AK205-18G 07/02/1971 Not Applicable Omni Antenna Kit
Omni Antenna Kit
SE71-18 05/28/1971 See Publication Propeller Cylinder Attachment Improvement
McCAULEY SERVICE BULLETIN NO. 92 NA
SE71-14 05/10/1971 See Publication Propeller Hub Improvement At Overhaul
McCAULEY SERVICE BULLETIN NO. 88 ATTACHED NA
SE71-07 04/05/1971 See Publication Flexible Fluid Hose Inspection
Inspection Intervals Revised Based On Field Experience NA
SE71-02 01/29/1971 See Publication Woodward Propeller Governor Inspection And Improv
Woodward Service Bulletins #33534 And #33535 (AD 70-26-02) NA
SE70-08 04/21/1970 See Publication Propeller Governor Improvement
ANNOUNCES McCAULEY SL NO. 69-8 AND SB NO. 73 NA
AK185-37C 01/05/1970 Not Applicable Cessna Nav-O-Matic 300 Autopilot Instatallation
Cessna Nav-O-Matic 300 Autopilot Instatallation (For Aircraft With Factory Partial)
AK185-36D 12/05/1969 Not Applicable Cessna Nav-O-Matic 300 Auto Pilot Installation
Cessna Nav-O-Matic 300 Auto Pilot Installation Kit
SE69-22 11/07/1969 See Publication Improved Flasher Assembly For Omni-flash Beacon
Improved Flasher Assembly Available NA
SE69-15 07/18/1969 See Publication Fuel Tank Quick Drain Valves / Gyro Air Filter
Quick Drain Valves And A Fuel Sampler Cup Available. Provides Improved Access To Hoses And Filter. NA
AK205-117B 06/19/1969 Not Applicable VHF Antenna Installation
VHF Antenna Installation
AK185-47B 04/22/1969 Not Applicable Map Light Installation - Control Wheel Mounted
Map Light Installation - Control Wheel Mounted
AK185-49 04/18/1969 Not Applicable Boom Mike Installation
Boom Mike Installation
AK185-48 04/10/1969 Not Applicable Oxygen System
Oxygen System
SK182-43 01/28/1969 Not Applicable Cylinder Head Temperature Gage Calibration Unit
Cylinder Head Temperature Gage Calibration Unit
AK205-100A 12/02/1968 Not Applicable DME 300 - 14 & 28 Volt Installation Kit
DME 300 - 14 & 28 Volt Installation Kit (Includes Basic Electronics)
AK205-114 10/11/1968 Not Applicable Cessna 300 H.F. Transceiver - 14 Volt (Includes B
Cessna 300 H.F. Transceiver - 14 Volt (Includes Basic Electronics)
AK185-41B 05/17/1968 Not Applicable True Airspeed Indicator Installation
True Airspeed Indicator Installation
AK205-98A 05/02/1968 Not Applicable Cessna 300 Marker Beacon-14 Volt Installation Kit
Cessna 300 Marker Beacon-14 Volt Installation Kit (Includes Basic Electronics)
AK205-111 04/10/1968 Not Applicable Cessna 400 ADF - 14 Volt (Includes Basic Electron
Cessna 400 ADF - 14 Volt (Includes Basic Electronics)
AK205-93 03/14/1968 Not Applicable Cessna 400 Glideslope (Adds Glideslope To Cessna
Cessna 400 Glideslope (Adds Glideslope To Cessna 300 Nav/Com Types RT-515R-1, Mod 1 or RT-540A)
AK205-107 03/04/1968 Not Applicable Cessna 400 Transeiver-14 Volt (Includes Basic Ele
Cessna 400 Transeiver-14 Volt (Includes Basic Electronics)
AK205-96B 02/28/1968 Not Applicable Cessna 300 NAV/COM-90 Channel-14 Volt Installatio
Cessna 300 NAV/COM-90 Channel-14 Volt Installation Kit (Includes Basic Electronics)
AK205-95A 02/20/1968 Not Applicable Cessna 300 Transceiver Installation Kit (Includes
Cessna 300 Transceiver Installation Kit (Includes Basic Electronics)
AK205-94B 02/15/1968 Not Applicable Cessna 300 ADF-14 Volt Installation Kit For Aircr
Cessna 300 ADF-14 Volt Installation Kit For Aircraft Without Factory Partial (Includes Basic Electronics)
AK205-109 02/15/1968 Not Applicable Cessna 400 Nav/Com With Glideslope - 14Volt
Cessna 400 Nav/Com With Glideslope - 14Volt (Includes Basic Electronics)
AK205-97A 02/05/1968 Not Applicable Cessna 300 NAV/COM-360 Channel-14 Volt Installati
Cessna 300 NAV/COM-360 Channel-14 Volt Installati
AK205-108 01/25/1968 Not Applicable Cessna 400 Nav/Com-14 Volt (Includes Basic Electr
Cessna 400 Nav/Com-14 Volt (Includes Basic Electronics)
AK205-110 01/16/1968 Not Applicable Cessna 400 Glideslope - 14 Volt (Adds To 400 Nav/
Cessna 400 Glideslope - 14 Volt (Adds To 400 Nav/Com)
AK205-91A 12/29/1967 Not Applicable Cessna 300 Nav/Com With Glideslope - 14 Volt
Cessna 300 Nav/Com With Glideslope - 14 Volt
AK205-103 08/26/1967 Not Applicable Cessna 300 ADF Installation Kit For Aircraft With
Cessna 300 ADF Installation Kit For Aircraft With Factory Partial
AK180-64C 07/20/1967 Not Applicable Vacuum System - Engine Driven
Vacuum System - Engine Driven
AK172-124 01/09/1967 Not Applicable Cessna DME 300 Installation Kit(14&28-V Aircraft)
Cessna DME 300 Installation Kit (14&28-V Aircraft)
AK182-133B 01/05/1967 Not Applicable Radio Cooling - For Cessna 500 Series TSO Radio
Radio Cooling - For Cessna 500 Series TSO Radio Installation Only
AK205-65B 12/12/1966 Not Applicable Cessna Nav-O-Matic 300 Autopilot
Cessna Nav-O-Matic 300 Autopilot (Basic electronics - 14 Volt)
AK185-45 10/28/1966 Not Applicable Hour Meter Installation
Hour Meter Installation
AK182-45 10/28/1966 Not Applicable Hour Meter Installation
Hour Meter Installation
AK180-71B 10/03/1966 Not Applicable Cessna Nav/Omni 300 Installation Kit
Cessna Nav/Omni 300 Installation Kit (14 Volt With Marker Beacon)
AK180-67C 07/06/1966 Not Applicable Cessna Nav/Omni 500 Installation Kit
Cessna Nav/Omni 500 Installation Kit
AK180-63D 07/05/1966 Not Applicable Cessna Marker Beacon 300 Installation Kit
Cessna Marker Beacon 300 Installation Kit (Includes Basic Electronics)
AK180-70B 07/01/1966 Not Applicable Cessna ADF 500 (Gonio) Installation Kit
Cessna ADF 500 (Gonio) Installation Kit
AK180-66C 05/23/1966 Not Applicable Cessna Nav/Com 500 Installation Kit
Cessna Nav/Com 500 Installation Kit
AK180-65B 05/23/1966 Not Applicable Installation Kit - Cessna Transceiver 500
Installation Kit - Cessna Transceiver 500
AK8055-5 04/07/1960 Not Applicable Ski Axle Installation
Ski Axle Installation

To order an individual copy of a Service Bulletin / Letter or to receive information on the Service Bulletin Subscription Program,
contact Technical Publications at:
TEL: 316.517.5800, FAX: 316.206.8475

This listing may not be and is not represented as 100% accurate or all inclusive.

Is that the entire 100 series list? I haven't been able to sort by my 180's serial number on the Cessna Support site. How many apply to your plane? I've perused the list quite a bit and can't find anything that applies that I haven't already done.

The assertion has been made that for some aircraft, compliance would require extensive disassembly of the aircraft. :dunno:

Depending on the aircraft it most certainly can, as well as expensive NDT tests, it all depends on the plane. It's much worry about nothing here IMO, the Aussies have been on the SID thing for a long time, that's a nanny society gone off the rails.

Is that the entire 100 series list? I haven't been able to sort by my 180's serial number on the Cessna Support site. How many apply to your plane? I've perused the list quite a bit and can't find anything that applies that I haven't already done.

Hey, you tell me. If you want to be in compliance with SIDS then look on page 1, item 1 of D2000-9TR7 for your C180 where it states:

Inspect aircraft records to verify that all applicable
Cessna Service Information Letters, Cessna Service
Bulletins and Supplier Service Bulletins are complied
with.

You'll need to find an A&P to go through all of those and make a list of either CW or NA or if not CW then it has to be ACP'd​

So tell us again, you do have those thousand dollar inertia reel secondary seat stops installed right?​

Back