As an alternate to all the negative threads today...

Ghery

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Ghery Pettit
All you young married guys worried about how long you can make your marriage last, here's a data point for you.

40 years ago today (7/28/73) I married my high school sweetheart. We're still happily married. She says I'm getting close to finishing my probationary period (claims our 50th anniversary will do that :D ). It takes work, but you can do it.

We look so young in this picture. :yes:

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    Scan0001.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 125
Trust me, 50 is no different than 40. ;)

Congrats and many more.

Cheers

Tryin' to catch up here!! Amazing how much wider tux lapels got in five or six years.

Your data point doesn't change the fact that marriage is a terrible deal for men today. Plenty of milk around, and the cost for playing the marriage game is ridiculously high. Restoring a barn found Cessna to use as a FBO leaseback is a better deal then getting married in this modern progressive utopia. I laugh when I see ex wives out looking for sausage you know some poor schmuck is still making payments on that, but he doesn't get to see it never mind drive it. You only way to win is not to play.

Congrats! My parents are coming up on their 40th. They are still out there, I'm hoping I'll get it right the second time around haha.

Congrats! Quite an accomplishment.... best of luck on the next 40...

Congrats! (love the tux! :D )

Yeah it is. When you get within about six months of being off probation they change the rules and extend the period.

We have 51 coming up next week, and I have written up a new set of rules and will be taking over all management duties and decisions as of that date. Stay tuned to see how it goes.

Trust me, 50 is no different than 40. ;)

Congrats and many more.

Cheers

Last edited:
All you young married guys worried about how long you can make your marriage last, here's a data point for you.

40 years ago today (7/28/73) I married my high school sweetheart. We're still happily married. She says I'm getting close to finishing my probationary period (claims our 50th anniversary will do that :D ). It takes work, but you can do it.

Fantastic!

Congratulations!

Next month will be 45 for us.

Every day is a personal best. :)

I don't think I'm going to make it that far, my wife is going to kill me first... :D

If you can avoid the serious case of the "Stepfords", 40 years of marriage can be a very gratifying experience. Congrats on putting in the work.

Yeah it is. When you get within about six months of being off probation they change the rules and extend the period.

We have 51 coming up next week, and I have written up a new set of rules and will be taking over all management duties and decisions as of that date. Stay tuned to see how it goes.

If we don't hear from you, we'll know what happened, Wayne. :yesnod:

And congrats to Ghery!

Congratulations and thank you for mentioning the work part! We are 2 weeks from 32 ourselves. It does take lots of work, but it is so worth it to get right.

John

From the looks of that picture, I'd say you outpunted your coverage!

Good job and congratulations!

Congratulations Ghery. My wife and I passed the Silver last year.

Back