Arrow III for sale

Thanks Joe, I felt it was time. The Arrow is still in great shape but just wasn't being flown enough. It will get flown and I got a club membership out of it. Will be weird getting checked out my my old airplane. Maybe I will learn how to fly it!!!!!

Tim, I think you will like flying with the club. In addition to making flying less expensive it adds a good social component! I'm happy it will keep you in the air.

:cryin::cryin::cryin:

This is really sad news - even though I am glad for you that this was such a smooth process. :yesnod: It's good also that you have the membership to the flying club and will be able to continue flying the Arrow (or one of the other club planes).

See you soon,
Martina

Wow, I totally missed this thread. Happy and sad for you at the same time Tim. But the free 5 years is a cool deal...and they're doing the upgrade. That sounds like a win-win.

It was a gut wrenching decision but I still think it was the right one. I think many of my friends completely understood and have expressed the same sentiment as you. I have some great friends here.

Well after months of being too busy to get to the airport I finally made it out to get checked out in a Warrior. Sadly they still don't have 32V flying. Not sure what they are waiting on. I think to date they pulled the engine and replaced all the gaskets, replaced a cracked nose gear casting, replaced the magnetos, and painted the engine mount. They also did something with the prop, either overhauled or replaced with an overhauled prop. Looked at and it doesn't look new. Also doesn't look as good as the old one. So far none of the avionics upgrades have been made.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Oh and there is a big chip in the cowl. Maintenance destroys more aircraft than it fixes sometimes.

Well after months of being too busy to get to the airport I finally made it out to get checked out in a Warrior. Sadly they still don't have 32V flying. Not sure what they are waiting on. I think to date they pulled the engine and replaced all the gaskets, replaced a cracked nose gear casting, replaced the magnetos, and painted the engine mount. They also did something with the prop, either overhauled or replaced with an overhauled prop. Looked at and it doesn't look new. Also doesn't look as good as the old one. So far none of the avionics upgrades have been made.

Surely you didn't get checked out today did you? Was a wee bit messy weather-wise!

Wait, so the arrow you sold a while back hasn't flown since? That is very discouraging to someone considering ownership.

Checkout was Sunday morning. I think they flew it to Tiffin for prop work but it still isn't on the line for rent.

Wait, so the arrow you sold a while back hasn't flown since? That is very discouraging to someone considering ownership.

Just because the company he sold the plane to has chosen not to fly it doesn't mean you'd have to do the same.

With the 310 and Aztec, I took delivery and put them to work the next day. In the case of the Aztec, the same day.

Hmm, I thumbed a long response last night on my phone but must not have held my tongue just right.

The club took delivery late August and had plans to pull the engine, repaint the engine mount which was needed. While the engine was out they replaced all the gaskets. They were all seeping but I never had oil show up anywhere. Might not have needed to do this but it was their airplane. they decided to paint the nose gear casting and while cleaning it saw something that didn't look right. Turns out the nose gear casting was cracked at one of the pivot points. Had probably been there a long time and had gone un-noticed, but they had to replace it. Amazing how much air was in that casting. Pulled magnetos and found a crack in one so new magnetos. I received a flight aware e-mail as the Arrow was being flown back from Tiffin, OH about a month ago. I suspect that they replaced the prop with an overhauled one. Old one was low hours but high calendar time.

As a flying club and with plans to teach in this aircraft I appreciate that they want it to be close to perfect. I think they also respect the low TTAF at around 2400 hrs and see this as an airplane they can keep for a long long time.

Doesn't look like they are going to install the better avionics anytime soon but time will tell.

Instructor that checked me out is 84 and flew jets in the AF back in the day. Lots of stories and I loved them all. I told him I am going to feel a bit weird getting checked out in my old airplane when it is finally available. His take was that he would be glad to have me teach him about the Arrow when we take it up for a flight. I like this guy.

The club took delivery late August and had plans to pull the engine, repaint the engine mount which was needed. While the engine was out they replaced all the gaskets. They were all seeping but I never had oil show up anywhere. Might not have needed to do this but it was their airplane. they decided to paint the nose gear casting and while cleaning it saw something that didn't look right. Turns out the nose gear casting was cracked at one of the pivot points. Had probably been there a long time and had gone un-noticed, but they had to replace it. Amazing how much air was in that casting. Pulled magnetos and found a crack in one so new magnetos. I received a flight aware e-mail as the Arrow was being flown back from Tiffin, OH about a month ago. I suspect that they replaced the prop with an overhauled one. Old one was low hours but high calendar time.
Sorry to hear Tim, but does happen sometimes with older airplanes. You decide you want to address something that seems relatively minor and upon opening it up, you find larger problems.....

Nothing I am worrying about its not mine anymore. The guys trying to get their commercials are more frustrated because there are no retracts to train in except the Senaca

Back