Arrow III for sale

tmyers

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Tim Myers
The time has come, just before committing the funds to perform a $20K panel upgrade I have come to the conclusion that I just don't fly enough to keep much less upgrade the Arrow.

It isn't fair to this aircraft to sit in a hangar when it should be in the air.

I have it listed it on Barnstormers at this link http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_1046516_77+Piper+Arrow+III+Low+Time+OH.html

Asking price is $65,000, negotiable.

Someone on the AOPA board was looking for an Arrow III

Wow. Real nice looking! I'll just need to get current, get my complex sign-off, oh, and $65k.

Maybe next one. :sad:

Sorry she has to go Tim. A nice looking bird. May I ask how many hours you have been putting on a year recently?

If you were contemplating that kind of outlay for a panel, forget that, spend it on 100LL and Go Fly. That panel is fully functional.

Honestly gents, this was posted in the classified forum and is an attempt to sell my aircraft, not a discussion about why I do or do not fly enough. I will address any questions regarding my aircraft and it's sale.

I like it! Pleasing colors, decent avionics and interior. I'll ask around for you.
Good luck with it. :thumbsup:

Thanks it is a good solid flyer.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Good luck with the sale. Arrows are nice birds. Fun and easy to fly for a complex aircraft.

What part of $65.000 is negotiable? :mad2:

Thanks, I have an aero club looking at it locally, in fact I flew it to them last night so their mechanics could give it the once over. Had a guy in FL looking at it but he has found a 78 closer to him so that lead may run cold.

Happy for u. Would have been happier if I could buy it.

Very nice plane.:yes: We wish you good luck with the sale.

Keeping the fingers crossed!

Tim,

Are we allowed to know what club it is if they bought it? I fly out of I19 and really like the pipers.

Thanks,

Dave

Not a sealed deal yet. I will let you know as soon as I know.

A time is set for this Thursday evening to sign the papers for the sale of the Arrow. It will be going to an Aero Club at the Greene County Airport in Ohio.

NNNNNNOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I mean, awesome, congrats!

It's a tough thing to do but the right thing.

They are also buying the avionics I had purchased for the future upgrade

Sorry you felt the need to sell but happy for you that is seems to have been a quick and easy sale!

Quick = a little less painful. Good news is that they are giving me 5 years free membership in the club so I will be able to fly it some. They are also in the process of adding a Decathalon to the fleet which should be a hoot to fly.

Quick = a little less painful. Good news is that they are giving me 5 years free membership in the club so I will be able to fly it some. They are also in the process of adding a Decathalon to the fleet which should be a hoot to fly.

Good to hear you'll stay in the air!

Tim, welcome to the club. I have enjoyed being a member there (close to getting my PPL). They bought the decathlon earlier this year and are running a tail wheel course now with it. I look forward to seeing your plane on the line and make flying it in the future.

Dave

Congrats on the sale, but sorry to see such a nice airplane go. Hope you keep up the flying with the club. I have to agree with your reasoning, 25-30 hours a year makes it tough for single ownership. The Free Bird averaged about 80 hours a year between means the partners. Sounds like you'll be happier in a club, though I hate thinking about what they're going to do to your nice arrow. Clubs aren't what I'd call easy on airplanes.

There you go. We never got to do as much flying as I would have liked.

OK, closing the loop on the deal. I turned over keys an the airplane tonight. The MacAir Aero Club at Greene County Ohio (I19) purchased my Arrow and all the avionics I had accumulated for the planned upgrade. They told me they were going to go right into the upgrade which will give it a 430W with GI-106B, a KX-155, with a KI-203, a Garmin 340 Audio panel, a KT-74 for ADS-B out and a GPSS unit.

Hard to drive away from it tonight seeing it sit outside and all, but it's no longer my bird.

You did the right thing. There's a strip here in North Fort Worth some may be familiar with (52F) and we eat at the airport restaurant on weekends. I usually take my son around the place to see all the airplanes sitting in the covered tie-downs. Many of them are partly disassembled and others look as if they haven't been touched in years. It's disappointing to see them decaying when they could be in the air, but I imagine it's a very emotional transaction many would rather put off. Unfortunately, the cost of making them airworthy may exceed their value by that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back