Army King Air reaches 50k milestone

ISR is definitely a good way to rack up hours…of boredom. :)

Do those have a "service life" hours limit on the airframe?

Impressive considering it is a a 12 year old aircraft and there are about 105,000 hours in 12 years. So it has been in the air almost 50% of it’s life.

Brian

Do those have a "service life" hours limit on the airframe?
Some of the early models had a hard life limit on the airframe but on newer models the airframe limit was dropped in favor of inspection limits and individual parts with hard life limits like door latches. However, the King Air is a bit unique in that they allow for "special purpose" aircraft and the OEM will provide specialized Airworthiness Limitations based on operation type like the one above. Those special limitations can be anything from a reduced inspection cycle (8500hrs vs 30,000hrs) to hard limits on various structural items like spar caps and wing skins. And given some non-civilian King Airs have a path back to Normal category status it can make for an interesting research project to bring an special purpose King Air back into the civilian fleet.

It’s a 34-year-old aircraft the way I’m reading it.

Your right, I should pay have read it better before commenting. I saw with he army since 2009 and assumed that meant they got it new then. But right under than it says it is probably and 1987 model.

Brian

Back