Arizona flyers check in

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
I see a lot of your posts but don't remember a lot of you. Walboy mentioned a fly in to Coolidge (P08) municipal the second Saturday of the month (right Walt?) so I'm just putting it out there that maybe we should plan one in the near future so we can put faces to the names. Plus, I'd like to know how many of you are close to me in Tucson.

Tim

I'm a third generation Arizona Aviator.....but unfortunately, I'm geographically located in Virginia now. Hopefully swing through again this summer.

As you can see from the signature, Tucson at Ryan Field. I like getting away from the rip off prices on fuel at Ryan and jump over to see Roy in Benson for cheap fuel, and take the beater crew cars into town to the Horseshoe Cafe. Plus (plug-plug) if you show him my app you get an extra 10 cents off a gallon, and the Cafe will give you another 10% off your order...

Tukee but the planes at FFZ

Sport pilot student and 1/2 owner of a Minimax in Tucson/Sahuarita.

KDVT here, but at KRYN often. 'Had to drop out of the APA fly-in to Guaymas this weekend, so Coolidge or Buckeye sounds good. I'll be in a CTSW, N531CT.

Ryan or Chandler works for me as well. I like to eat.

Health department fiasco at Coolidge? Sounds good....I'm in. :wink2:

I can't find much out about the Buckeye affair. Will the field be closed for an airshow? If so what times?
I'm at Indian Hills Airpark at Salome 2AZ1. Every second Saturday of the month we have a Hamburger lunch at 12:00 followed by our EAA 1144 meeting at 13:00
All are invited.
Paul Anton
Sec/Treasurer EAA Chapter 1144

Follow up question:

Are any of you members of the Arizona Pilot's Association? I'm not but could possibly be convinced if its worthwhile.

Follow up question:

Are any of you members of the Arizona Pilot's Association? I'm not but could possibly be convinced if its worthwhile.

I am Tim, just think it's the right thing to do. They put out a nice newsletter also. They also have a lot of stories and activities pertaining to back country flying. Not really my thing with my nose gear RV, but what the heck, give them a try, good folks.

Last edited:
Coolidge fly-in was good, with as many GA aircraft as I've ever seen there, but not many Warbirds or specialty aircraft. Wind was brisk, but right down the runway. As is usually the case, a real beehive when it came to landing, 5-8 coming in simultaneously from all directions, with the associated "you cut me off" moments. I heard a few give up and go elsewhere. 'Flew home over the Phoenix Open.

Last edited:
Are any of you members of the Arizona Pilot's Association?

The cost is low and, even if you don't participate in the activities, the money goes toward many good GA-promoting things. I've participated in a few fly-ins and they were great. I had to pull out of this weekends trip to Guaymas Mexico. The planning & organization of their events is usually great. The Handouts for first-time Mexico flyers on this trip were very good.

I couldn't make it as I had to work but I flew there Friday afternoon and did a couple of touch and go's. Although the wind was right down 17, they had it closed when I was there so I took 5 since a couple of guys were already in the pattern when I got there.

So my whatayagottadotogetthere flight has already been accomplished. We'll see what next month's schedule is (work) so I can plan on meeting some of you guys.

The cost is low and, even if you don't participate in the activities, the money goes toward many good GA-promoting things. I've participated in a few fly-ins and they were great. I had to pull out of this weekends trip to Guaymas Mexico. The planning & organization of their events is usually great. The Handouts for first-time Mexico flyers on this trip were very good.

Plus they do fly-ins and camping at some of the lesser know places like Grapevine, which they are helping to crack seal the runway etc.

I am Tim, just think it's the right thing to do. They put out a nice newsletter also. They also have a lot of stories and activities pertaining to back country flying. Not really my think with my nose gear RV, but what the heck, give them a try, good folks.

You have an RV-9A??? My dad has been seriously considering building an RV-9A for years...I think if we did it, it would probably be several years from now, but something I think he seriously would like to do. I am a student pilot currently (checkride on June 11th), but my dad has his PPL and just got current again. You have any pictures of your RV-9 anywhere?

and for the thread: live in Cave Creek fly out of Scottsdale currently

Here is my plane, you would love the -9A. Best of luck on your check ride. Glenn

Attachments

• 4GB at E95.JPG
    4GB at E95.JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Thanks pal, I had a great painter (John Stahr). The thing I like best about it is very subtle, the way I wanted. If you can zoom into the tail, I have a 9/11 tribute, the flag waving between the Twin Towers....

Here is my plane, you would love the -9A. Best of luck on your check ride. Glenn

WOW nice plane! I noticed Glendale has an RV12 that you can go get flight instruction in (although that is the Light Sport RV...but I suppose it would still give you a good idea of what an RV is like).

I believe you will find the RV-12 is much different than the -6, -7, -8 or -9 line, just as the 10 is different from the same, but still, great airplane.

I believe you will find the RV-12 is much different than the -6, -7, -8 or -9 line, just as the 10 is different from the same, but still, great airplane.

Yea I kind of figured that - I think if we did build/buy an RV9A we would just go up to Oregon and do the transition training up there at Vans...

Van's doesn't do transition training, but they have a list of factory approved pilots on their website. I used Chris Droege and would highly recommend him.

Van's doesn't do transition training, but they have a list of factory approved pilots on their website. I used Chris Droege and would highly recommend him.

Oh yea I guess your right it isn't transition training...but you can go up there and fly the different models to get a feel for what you like

I still consider myself an Arizona pilot though I do not live there currently. One day I'll make it back there.

I still consider myself an Arizona pilot though I do not live there currently. One day I'll make it back there.
Me too. I'm a third generation AZ aviator. One day I hope to move back.....just haven't been able to convince my wife.

Now is not the time to try and convince your wife, FT. 100 degrees today, 101 tomorrow, why I am leaving for Montana soon!

Back