Arizona Breakfast run...

Sleek-Jet

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Sleek-Jet
It's time for another breakfast run...

The G/F loves the restaurant at Payson, so who am I to argue.. :dunno: :D

So, how about Sunday morning on the 29th of October??

Say 0900 or so at Payson??

The G/F loves the restaurant at Payson, so who am I to argue. So, how about Sunday morning on the 29th of October??

The next October 29 that falls on a Sunday is 2017. Sorry, I just can't commit that far ahead :confused:

I assume you mean Sunday the 28th ? I would love to go, but I'll be in Washington DC that weekend.

I am open for 2017... put me down. For 2007 though I will be in Vegas so can't make that one.

The next October 29 that falls on a Sunday is 2017. Sorry, I just can't commit that far ahead :confused:

I assume you mean Sunday the 28th ? I would love to go, but I'll be in Washington DC that weekend.

What the?? I pulled that off my email calander, must have been looking at the wrong month...

OK... Sunday the 28th... :D :yes:

All of my club's airplanes are booked. I think they're going to Mexico for the weekend.

When I was a member, Mexico was off limits... this was just after their 210 was stollen down on the Baja someplace... :mad:

Maybe someone will cancel... :fcross:

The club voted (I think last year) to re-allow flights into Mexico. You have to join what is basically a, "Club within the club," kick in a little bit of extra money each year, and be checked-out by an approved CFI. The extra money pays for the Mexican insurance policy, the annual Customs decals, and supports the maintenance fund.

Maybe I could hitch a ride to Payson :) Or, maybe I should go ahead and get checked-out for Mexico. Hmm...

I am a maybe...was thinking about going somewhere this weekend too.

Wanna sit left seat for me for what I hope is the last weekend practice session for my CFII ride that has been rescheduled a couple of times ?

Wanna sit left seat for me for what I hope is the last weekend practice session for my CFII ride that has been rescheduled a couple of times ?

I do need some approaches for currency. I am never have driven a mooney - so that is probably a bad idea. You can't really safety pilot for me since I am in a twin...but could do it visually without a hood....

Thoughts??

I do need some approaches for currency. I am never have driven a mooney - so that is probably a bad idea. You can't really safety pilot for me since I am in a twin...but could do it visually without a hood....

Thoughts??

If you need a safety pilot for multi... I happen to know someone who's got a ME Commercial burning a hole in his pocket... :D

Silly me...are you needing i or ii - so if it is i then we don't necessarily need to do ifr stuff.

If you need a safety pilot for multi... I happen to know someone who's got a ME Commercial burning a hole in his pocket... :D

Might take you up on that - it's always nice to have other ME pilots for that kinda stuff.

Thoughts??

The examiner expects me to do all the flying from the right seat under the hood so I would need you as safety pilot in the left seat.

The examiner expects me to do all the flying from the right seat under the hood so I would need you as safety pilot in the left seat.

See silly me...I thought you might have to demonstrate teaching someone...

Sure - that sounds fun. When??

See silly me...I thought you might have to demonstrate teaching someone...

Sure - that sounds fun. When??

This examiner seems to want to see precision flying from the right seat under the hood versus teaching.

I want to fly both Sat and Sun, probably an hour or maybe just a little more each day, probably the morning. When's good for you ?

This examiner seems to want to see precision flying from the right seat under the hood versus teaching.

I want to fly both Sat and Sun, probably an hour or maybe just a little more each day, probably the morning. When's good for you ?

6 - 7 -8 - 9 You let me know and I will be there

OK, I have Chris for Saturday, anyone want to fly Sunday ?

Sunday....I can drive down to AVQ if you want?

or

I can meet you at CHD and treat you to some hot cakes before we go up.

I promise I wont be late.

Sunday....I can drive down to AVQ if you want?

I would love to fly with you Jerry, but for this flight I need to be 'under the hood' which requires that a private pilot or higher with an appropriate category and class rating occupy the left seat. If you had taken your check ride already this would be a moot point ;)

But, if no one else responds, we can still go fly tomorrow - I just can't be under the hood.

I have Chris for Saturday, anyone want to fly Sunday ?

Just got back from flying with Chris. He was great and I really appreciate him taking the time to come out today. I continue to refine my maneuvers and approaches. Looking to meet those ATP standards - while flying from the right seat - while under the hood - while partial panel for some of it (even though it is not an ATP check ride) :dunno:

I would love to fly with Jerry, but legally I need a private pilot in the left seat. Volunteers for tomorrow ? 9 am. Plan on two hours. I haven't had the chance to scare Aaron with my flying skills yet :hairraise:

You are right....

I got the oral out of the way and the check ride is for Wed. 9:00 AM

You are right.... I got the oral out of the way and the check ride is for Wed. 9:00 AM

I do want to fly tomorrow. I would greatly prefer to fly under the hood as my check ride is Monday morning. But if there are no takers for that - I still want to get in the air.

I'm thinking of a change of venue... since I've been to Payson twice in the last 6 months...

Anyone have any other suggestions??

Is there a cafe at the airport in Wickensburg??

That probably means every breakfast spot with 100 miles is going to be full...

I think I'll just go do some sight seeing and come back to Marana... :yes:

Las Cruces, Payson, Ryan, Nogales, Rocky Point.....

That probably means every breakfast spot with 100 miles is going to be full...

I think I'll just go do some sight seeing and come back to Marana... :yes:

May also be fun to go up to copperstate (Saturday?) - probably drive. The other day flying with Ken we were doing approaches with folks in the pattern - fun trying to fit in :hairraise:

May also be fun to go up to copperstate (Saturday?) - probably drive. The other day flying with Ken we were doing approaches with folks in the pattern - fun trying to fit in :hairraise:
I've got plans Saturday...

I quit doing practice instrument approaches at Casa Grande... one to many close calls, even without a big fly in going on...

Looks like I'm going to Copperstate on Sunday. I'm bringing the student pilot I'm mentoring. Maybe others from the U of Arizona flying club.

Hmm, maybe a breakfast run that morning could be doable.

Back