arggg

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
woke up this morning to thunder and rain. big blob of crap moving in from northwest iowa. soaring is not going to happen today :( maybe ill go sit around at the airport and dream about flying, or mess around with the glider...

i hate weather

Well bless your dear heart! :) I must have ****ed off some indian here in Oklahoma becuase we can't get rain to save our butt! LOL

You should be glad you haven't been here the past week!!! Nothing but hard rain, and the humidity has been so high everything in the house is soaked.

You know Tony, if I were up there, I'd book ya for some instrument training. That'd get you up in the air at least. Sorry for the rotten weather.

tonycondon said:
woke up this morning to thunder and rain. big blob of crap moving in from northwest iowa. soaring is not going to happen today :( maybe ill go sit around at the airport and dream about flying, or mess around with the glider...

i hate weather

What you do is see if the glider tow kid wants to do some X/C and have em drsg you around for a few hours.

Brent Bradford said:
Well bless your dear heart! :) I must have ****ed off some indian here in Oklahoma becuase we can't get rain to save our butt! LOL

You can have the rain in Maine,
Though it's a major pain;
Have tried in vain, with much disdain
To fetch my bird since before June third.

It's out of state since back on May eight
And since that date the delays I hate.
Could have flown with new panel maze
'Cept skies have shown just rain and haze.

Have guest arriving from Upper UP;
Can hitch a flight for CFI and me?
Just going nuts to get her back
No ifs and buts 'bout trying the new stack.

:yes:

Last edited:
tonycondon said:

i hate weather

Yeah.. Tough day for glider work today.. Unless you could get that clearance "three block 20".. haha.. Looks like tomorrow should be up in the 90's though. And with the cooling rain today, you should get some good thermals tomorrow, right?

I'll keep an eye to the sky tomorrow. Honk if you go over Boone again.

-Chris

ya tommorow isnt looking the greatest for soaring so far. too much wind with not enough updraft velocity. we will see. all was not lost today though, I hung out at the airport and got about 2.5 hours in the 421 at my old FBO flying deadheads on a charter. Got 3 glider rides to give in the morning and probably spend the rest of the day bumming around at the airport.

tonycondon said:
ya tommorow isnt looking the greatest for soaring so far. too much wind with not enough updraft velocity. we will see. all was not lost today though, I hung out at the airport and got about 2.5 hours in the 421 at my old FBO flying deadheads on a charter. Got 3 glider rides to give in the morning and probably spend the rest of the day bumming around at the airport.

Sounds like a good day to me!

I still cannot get up an fly my plane due to airport construction that was supposed to be done on Tuesday. They are now saying Wednesday next week. That really sucks and ruins the entire weekend.

tonycondon said:
i hate weather

Is all weather? Here in New Jersey, Down the Shore, High pressure dominates. clear skys. temp 79 F dew 61 F light winds from the SW. great wx if you ask me
I LOVE this kind of weather.........what am I doing in the home office...to heck with this...I off to the airport, just might get to go flying
KD

yayaya, I hate lousy weather, hows that sound?

Back