Areobatic Lessons

I used to take a dust buster up with me and hold it inverted and vacuum the crap out of the top of the canopy. Don

Cotton Pickin weather. Gotta postpone the loops, rolls, and spins for another time.... not too far distant.

Thanks... I like it a bunch also. I am going to put the open cockpit canopy on it this weekend.

You are at 11r?
Sure would like to see that plane next time I get excuse FoR a burger flight oveR theRe , because we know you are out ice cream :mad2:

My PP instructor demo'ed the "falling leaf" for me in the Cessna 150 a couple of times and then had me practice it several times before my first supervised solo. I think having done that is what really locked-in the "seat-of-the-pants" feel needed for what they call "flying the wing". Learning to use the rudder to counter the wing drop is a real eye-opener for a new student.

Several years ago, I took a 10hr aerobatic course in a Pitts. That was so much fun, it kinda ruined straight and level for me.

Good luck and have fun. I've been trying to set up some aero training here in the LA area, but have so far not had much luck. I found a guy who did aero training in a Citabria, but he and I never could get our schedules together. Need to keep trying.

Please remember to land right side up.

Are you still looking for some acro flying? I'm not a current CFI (working on that now). I own a Christen Eagle based in LGB. If you want to split the cost, we can take it for a few rolls and loops. I don't do any of the crazier stuff (at least not yet!).

Got weathered out that week..sucks. With summer and Osh approaching I'm rescheduling for fall. Disappointed, but "Can't stop the rain" and the "Show must go on". So sometime in the fall. I will post updates.

-Tom

Tom did you ever get your Aerobatic Training in ??

Two more days until intro to acro training. Only problem...weather looks pretty sad in Gadsden, AL for Sun-Wed. Go figure....

You're not flying out of his private grass strip and home in Ashville AL? He has a nice set up there.

I attended the Greg Koontz Aerobatic Training last week. The weather was great but it was pretty cold. Good thing the Heater is a stellar performer. Having only Pitts training previously and that was 28 years ago, I learned a great deal as a result of Greg's experience and professional approach. I wanted to do the training in the Aerobat but we had a weight problem. LOL

My stomach stayed queasy of the whole time period so it was more a level of tolerance for me. I didn't have problems in the plane just kinda bleh between flights. I liked the fact that Greg delivered. Everything went like clockwork and I learned a lot about the aviation industry just being around Greg.

I played around almost a year trying to get things scheduled. For Greg it was, one call that's all !!

Back