• No

Votes: 31 43.7%

• Total voters

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
Every family has a weird member. In my extended family, that's me. I know it and it doesn't bother me. In thinking about why I'm the black sheep, a lot of it comes down to various traits that draw me to flying.

So it got me thinking, are other pilots the black sheep in their families?

Yes, but oddly, we're all black sheep, and for various reasons.

Definitely me...

My relatives have always thought I was a half a ball off center.

I'm definitely not the black sheep of my extended family.

But that says more about my extended family than it does about me. ;)

I am so black sheep of the family, Obama would want me to be his son...:D

That's my family.

I am the guy because (1) they're all the rest of 'em girls, and (2) I don't believe government can fix every ill.

I wasn't until a couple months ago, my cousin, who worked for my dad, then me at the dealership got ticked off and quit. He just walked out after 28 years, it was no great loss, he really didn't want to work here, but felt he had some family obligation to stay. So, he runs to my parents and tells them all kinds of BS and how I am ruining the company etc. So, my parents without every asking me anything about said BS, decided he was right and have made me the outcast!! :dunno: He managed to tell them that I was paying for my daughter's wedding with company funds, which of course I am not and a few other whoppers. But, all they are worried about is hiring him back! :mad2::mad2:

I wasn't until a couple months ago, my cousin, who worked for my dad, then me at the dealership got ticked off and quit. He just walked out after 28 years, it was no great loss, he really didn't want to work here, but felt he had some family obligation to stay. So, he runs to my parents and tells them all kinds of BS and how I am ruining the company etc. So, my parents without every asking me anything about said BS, decided he was right and have made me the outcast!! :dunno: He managed to tell them that I was paying for my daughter's wedding with company funds, which of course I am not and a few other whoppers. But, all they are worried about is hiring him back! :mad2::mad2:

HOLY siht...:yikes::yikes::hairraise::hairraise:

Lord knows I am not...I could have pooped on my grandma's table when I was a kid and she would justify it to the whole family. I still find myself in the role of the uniter...the one who has NO conflicts within the family and laughs at those who still carry two decade old grudges...

I AM an anomaly...my Aunt Edna wondered when I was gonna try and get on at the Post Office until about a year before she died. That was when I flew her and my mother to see their sister/sister-in-law...I think the air stair cured her of recommending the Post Office as a profession. :D:yes::D

HOLY siht...:yikes::yikes::hairraise::hairraise:

This will all work its way out...darts like he is throwing are easy to refute.

I'm the boring responsible one in the family. And you all know me, so that should probably worry you quite a bit about the rest of my family. :)

I'm the boring responsible one in the family. And you all know me, so that should probably worry you quite a bit about the rest of my family. :)

Isn't the rest of your family doing 10-20 in Leavenworth..:dunno:......:D:D:D

Isn't the rest of your family doing 10-20 in Leavenworth..:dunno:......:D:D:D

Not sure. I'll have to check the scoreboard this week, but I saw most of them at Christmas, so if they didn't get arrested between now and then... :)

And actually no...

Leavenworth would be an indication that they were military and did something naughty or they got the attention of the Feds, and we're not that sort.

Drunk and disorderly doesn't usually rise to that level unless you do it on the White House lawn. :)

Not sure. I'll have to check the scoreboard this week, but I saw most of them at Christmas, so if they didn't get arrested between now and then... :)

And actually no...

Leavenworth would be an indication that they were military and did something naughty or they got the attention of the Feds, and we're not that sort.

Drunk and disorderly doesn't usually rise to that level unless you do it on the White House lawn. :)

Yeah... They save that play area for the drunk secret service agents...:redface::redface:

I've always been sort of the family maverick, doing things my own way but never the black sheep. Not sure if we have one.

I was supposed to be.

I grew up doing technical theater and production... I was supposed to be the starving artist living at home at 35. My sister went to a prestigious college and studied to be a veterinarian. Two different career tracks with predictable outcomes.

Now that we are all grown up I own my own company doing quite well and my sister is teaching Yoga and massage classes. My parents are really confused how that happened.

Ouch. Hopefully that works out. Parents can be odd like that. My mom will side with my cousins over me on any issue.

I come from a family of pilots, including my mom and one of my brothers-in-law, so the Blacksheep would be my second sister. Neither she nor her husband are pilots. Though her husband's grandfather was a pilot and sold my dad his first Stearman for conversion to a duster.

Outside aviation, I pretty much March to the beat of my own drum and don't sweat what my family thinks. And they know I don't care.

Jim R
Collierville, TN

N7155H--1946 Piper J-3 Cub
N3368K--1946 Globe GC-1B Swift
N4WJ--1994 Van's RV-4

I managed to become a accomplished ME, EE, firmware programmer, inventor and pilot without a college education. My dad never could get over it. Everyone else just thinks I'm one of those weird geeks they read about.

This will all work its way out...darts like he is throwing are easy to refute.

I know, it getting better. My parents held 2 Christmas's because jack ass cousin refused to come to family Christmas! :dunno: The more he talks, the better I look! :yes:

I don't have pink and green hair, a stud in my tongue and stay drunk all the time, so I'd have to say no, I'm not the black sheep.

This is my case. By traditional American societal norms, I am a black sheep I guess, but all my family members seem to take strange paths in life, so in my family, there isn't all that much "black sheep" about me.

Link no workie.....

attachment.php

See...
Not my fault. Hadn't showered, saw the can, seemed more efficient than the traditional method, so I aimed at my head and hit the play button and whooooosh! I am a victim of circumstance.

Attachments

• StayThirsty.jpg
    StayThirsty.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Now you are offending sheep....

And you know how much I love sheep....:redface::redface::rolleyes:/.......:D

Yup!
I was quite surprised when the 2nd post on this thread wasn't you posting "SHEEP?!??!?! WHERE?!?!"

Back