Are you really that cheap???

bnt83

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian
Its less than $50 :mad2:

Not only is it shot, but it is so full it needs to be replaced with a bigger binder.

If it's not broken....

If it were me, the one on the right would have more duct tape.
I am that cheap.

Last edited:
Holy schitzsky! Do you have to include that in the weight and balance?!?!

Makes me appreciate more yet my 80 page "owners manual."

Does that come in a PDF file?

Does that come in a PDF file?
I don't know about that particular manual, but many Citation manuals do. However, the PDF cannot replace the paper manual which still needs to be carried in the airplane. The reason is that the revisions are not kept up too date per airplane on the PDF. I asked about this not too long ago.

Its less than $50 :mad2:

For an empty binder? You already bought a jet from them you'd think they'd at least sell you a Staples binder with Citation printed on the front for a decent price :rolleyes:

Some white cloth tape would fix that up nicely.

I can find the same thing at Staples for $3, and then change the inserts in the cover.

I've never seen a heavy duty binder or one like this at Staples for $3.

Pretty sure if the owner was selling, a buyer would squawk the binder and want a new one, or a whole new Flight Manual.

A book this size would influence my decision to purchase an aircraft. I would need a plane that requires less reading.

Maybe the mistakenly put the space shuttle POH in there.

I've never seen a heavy duty binder or one like this at Staples for $3.

Pretty sure if the owner was selling, a buyer would squawk the binder and want a new one, or a whole new Flight Manual.

Meh.

I spent over 1 AMU for a new POH once.

I've never seen a heavy duty binder or one like this at Staples for $3...

I don't think there are ANY binders at Staples for three bucks. You're right, if they even have them they're probably 30 or 40 dollars.

I once looked at a POH of a NorthWest Orient Boeing Stratocruiser.

It was about 3/8 inch thick. I remember the takeoff procedure read, " Takeoff procedure....NORMAL"

That was then....flown by Hal Rueschenberg.

I once looked at a POH of a NorthWest Orient Boeing Stratocruiser.

It was about 3/8 inch thick. I remember the takeoff procedure read, " Takeoff procedure....NORMAL"

That was then....flown by Hal Rueschenberg.

Look at AD's - among the older ones you'd have a hard time finding one that's more than two paragraphs but nowadays you'd have trouble finding one that's under 20 pages.

The Piper Arrow AFM is about that big. Between the Piper POH, Avidyne POH, and Garmin POH its petty hefty.

Believe it or not, many have "Operator's Manual" about as thick which is addition to the large Airplane Flight Manual.

Also, we haven't even mentioned the abbreviated checklists...

Believe it or not, many have "Operator's Manual" about as thick which is addition to the large Airplane Flight Manual.

Also, we haven't even mentioned the abbreviated checklists...

Or the avionics manuals...

I don't know about that particular manual, but many Citation manuals do. However, the PDF cannot replace the paper manual which still needs to be carried in the airplane. The reason is that the revisions are not kept up too date per airplane on the PDF. I asked about this not too long ago.

:confused: Does tha FAA actually expect anyone to take that out for reference while in flight?

:confused: Does tha FAA actually expect anyone to take that out for reference while in flight?

I can't imagine too many scenarios in which you would drag that out from behind the seat and actually look something up while in flight. But, it HAS to be in the airplane and up to date. ;)
I bet in 7 years, other than adding updates, I didn't open mine more than a couple times. :dunno:

We have, on occasion, in order to solve a problem, or answer a question. It's not that big a deal to carry the books.

The PA-28 MX manual is only 4 volumes that size, and covers all PA-28s.
It's hard to imagine a POH of that size for a single airplane.
Although the operations manual for the T-50 was about half that thickness, but it was written only on one side of the pages.

The PA-28 MX manual is only 4 volumes that size, and covers all PA-28s.
It's hard to imagine a POH of that size for a single airplane.
Although the operations manual for the T-50 was about half that thickness, but it was written only on one side of the pages.

I'll try to get a pic of our PA-28 POH. I'm always surprised at the size.

A large portion of the Citation AFM (at least ours) is performance charts, for every possible configuration, altitude, temperature, etc. Of course no one uses them, we use a computer program, but they need to be carried just in case.

Just get some all thread, some washers, nuts and call it good.

Back