Are you more likely to pray before you fly a low wing or a high wing airplane?

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
I think the high wing might interfere with the reception.
Can prayers travel through AvGas?

After cracking my head on high wing I commonly drop to my knees and say a few choice words - is that praying?

I do get on my knees before flying a low wing.

But it's not called prayer. It's called sumping.

It doesn't matter for 6PC. God doesn't listen to dicks.

More like can we have a moderation team that knows when enough is enough and shuts down the constant nonsense.
My thoughts too, but the more you fight it, the worse it gets. Did you see my post on the flexibility (or lack thereof) of "ignore".

It doesn't matter for 6PC. God doesn't listen to dicks.

More like can we have a moderation team that knows when enough is enough and shuts down the constant nonsense.

I guess I am a "dick" for posting nonsense in an area designated for:

"discussion of any topic you like, aviation related or otherwise (but no spin zone material, see below).
Virtually all topics in this forum are permitted - so long as they are discussed in a civil manner."

1. I didn't make anyone click the title
2. It would be super easy to ignore me (easier than name calling or crying to the mods)

When you read your playgirl magazines, you don't look at every column, you skip to the wangs you want to look at to do your business and don't think twice about the fodder in between.

Same thing here.

Go to flight training or flight following or ignore me all together and there is no need to waste energy trying to get a lightly moderated area more heavily moderated. There is some amendment you are probably all for that goes against this behavior of trying to get certain language moderated but I can't remember which one it is.

Calling me a dick is WAY more dicky than me posting nonsense.
I really really just try to write stuff that is fun and I happen to be a pilot so I like also writing and reading about flying.
I feel I put the silly stuff in the right place and the pilot stuff in the right place.

Maybe I am a dick but I am not trying to be. I just write stuff that I find fun with no intent to pizz anyone off.

Sometimes people see dicks when they really want to see a dick.

Just freaking ignore me.

If I am really a problem here, I can move along.
I just want to have fun and I can have fun anywhere.
POA just seems to fit

#coleslaw

Last edited:
Firstly, you keep your ass right here, 6PC. You have plenty of friends here that enjoy your parody. There are several real pricks on POA, and you are absolutely not one of them.

Secondly, NO, prayers cannot travel well through avgas. The lead causes interference of the prayer waves. That's why I use mogas ;)

Last edited:

"discussion of any topic you like, aviation related or otherwise (but no spin zone material, see below).
Virtually all topics in this forum are permitted - so long as they are discussed in a civil manner."

2. It would be super easy to ignore me (easier than name calling or crying to the mods)

When you read your playgirl magazines, you don't look at every column, you skip to the wangs you want to look at to do your business and don't think twice about the fodder in between.

Same thing here.

Go to flight training or flight following or ignore me all together and there is no need to waste energy trying to get a lightly moderated area more heavily moderated. There is some amendment you are probably all for that goes against this behavior of trying to get certain language moderated but I can't remember which one it is.

I really really just try to write stuff that is fun and I happen to be a pilot so I like also writing and reading about flying.
I feel I put the silly stuff in the right place and the pilot stuff in the right place.

Maybe I am a dick but I am not trying to be. I just write stuff that I find fun with no intent to pizz anyone off.

Just freaking ignore me.

POA just seems to fit

#coleslaw

Who took a dump in your wheaties this morning?

I prey before flight always. No matter high or low wing.

It could have been Doc.
He lives somewhere around here.

I think his point was you are starting to post/start threads about more ridiculous nonsense than contributing to the aviation cause. I like silliness probably more than the average guy, but there is a point when the humor is lost and it just gets old. The coleslaw thing was fun.....for a while.

Yes, members can put you on ignore, but is that really what you want?

I think his point was you are starting to post/start threads about more ridiculous nonsense than contributing to the aviation cause. I like silliness probably more than the average guy, but there is a point when the humor is lost and it just gets old. The coleslaw thing was fun.....for a while.

Yes, members can put you on ignore, but is that really what you want?

If they think I am a dick, then yes.
I don't have anyone on ignore but if I thought someone was a dick, I would.

I don't think anyone here is a dick. FC was close there for a bit but I realized beneath that hard candy shell, there is a bunch of rich creamy goodness.

I unjoined the spinzone because I didn't want to read that stuff anymore.

So yeah.

Why is it SO HARD for weenies to NOT READ what they don't want to read, instead of thinking they need to ban it for everyone who might?

The same people who want to end fun threads, because it offends, or fails to amuse them, are the same weenies who want to force their agendas down every else's' throat.

The obsessive need to censor others is becoming a bit scary, with this generation of do nothings, know every-things. Maybe some of them need to take a timeout and find some balance.

I don't think anyone here is a dick. FC was close there for a bit but I realized beneath that hard candy shell, there is a bunch of rich creamy goodness.

Why is it SO HARD for weenies to NOT READ what they don;t want to read, instead of thinking they need to ban it for everyone who might?

The obsessive need to censor others is becoming a bit scary, with this generation of do nothings, know every-things. Maybe some of them need to take a timeout and find some balance.

^ Hard candy shell

If they think I am a dick, then yes.
I don't have anyone on ignore but if I thought someone was a dick, I would.

I unjoined the spinzone because I didn't want to read that stuff anymore.

So yeah.

I think dick is a bit strong.

All I'm saying is this: the key to good comedy ( I don't claim to be a master myself) is to leave your audience wanting more coleslaw, not being sick from too much of it.

Just food for thought (no pun intended).

All I'm saying is this: the key to good comedy ( I don't claim to be a master myself) is to leave your audience wanting more coleslaw, not being sick from too much of it.

understood.
Someone called me a dick earlier in the thread.

That is really the ONLY thing I felt was off putting.

I just reused the word because that post seemed to have established personality level: dick as the new baseline.

Also I am not going to lie, I do sometimes wonder how many times I can squeeze dick into a post which out of context sounds like something you shouldn't do.

I agree with this. At some point, enough is enough.
You are a very funny guy (6PC) and I don't want you to leave, or even be censored. Part of the problem is when everyone tries to imitate you and we wind up with every other post being about cole slaw or every other thread asking for advice to a made up problem with no supporting criteria. Think "Someone I know had a flat tire; what could have caused that". What a waste of keyboard clicks that was. It wouldn't have been so bad by itself but there must have been 20 related posts at one point and it was hard to find interesting posts.

That is why I was hoping there was a selective ignore so I could see your individual posts while staying away from the childish threads.

understood.
Someone called me a dick earlier in the thread.

That is really the ONLY thing I felt was off putting.

I just reused the word because that post seemed to have established personality level: dick as the new baseline.

Also I am not going to lie, I do sometimes wonder how many times I can squeeze dick into a post which out of context sounds like something you shouldn't do.

Actually, this thread belonged in SZ due to the religious content.

Same thing here.

Just freaking ignore me.

POA just seems to fit

#coleslaw

The problem is not that you want to be funny. Some of your posts *are* pretty funny. The problem is that in this case your humor is playing off a very contentious thread about praying in the cockpit, and seems entirely designed to poke fun at one side of the discussion in that thread.

It's a particular kind of passive aggressive and demeaning humor. It seems like you want to make fun of people in a way that makes it difficult for those people to respond. "Oh, it's just a joke thread" or "start your own thread if you want" don't really negate those aspects of the post. It just seems designed to provoke anger, is disrespectful of others and yes, kind of a dick move to me.

IMO, YMMV, and all that jazz.

Why is it SO HARD for weenies to NOT READ what they don't want to read, instead of thinking they need to ban it for everyone who might?

The same people who want to end fun threads, because it offends, or fails to amuse them, are the same weenies who want to force their agendas down every else's' throat.

Not sure if this was directed at me or not, but for my part...

I never suggested banning anybody, nor did I say that anybody should not be able to say whatever they want. I am for complete freedom of expression. However, freedom of expression entails equally free expression by others who might not agree.

Being able to express yourself does not mean you never get challenged on what you say.

I can't tell if the "dick" post by Andy was serious or not, I thought it was a joke....

If it wasn't, man... take some exlax dude. It's the off topic forum. Nothing more irritating than someone who cries about someone else's postings. It's akin to leaving a forum and announcing it rather than just leaving.

Don't like it, put the guy on ignore. He's just posting in good fun, it's not like the OP was harmful to anyone.

I can't tell if the "dick" post by Andy was serious or not, I thought it was a joke....

If it wasn't, man... take some exlax dude. It's the off topic forum. Nothing more irritating than someone who cries about someone else's postings. It's akin to leaving a forum and announcing it rather than just leaving.

Don't like it, put the guy on ignore. He's just posting in good fun, it's not like the OP was harmful to anyone.

Meh, read my post above.

My post was meant to be humorous, but to also point out I thought the thread was a bit passive aggressive. 6PC posted a long response, so I responded to clarify.

I don't know why 6PC can post a thread obviously meant to tweak some members, but he should be off limits from being tweaked himself? :dunno:

If you are going to play that game, you should expect to take a little yourself. :lol:

I have to admit up front that I didn't read the 'contentious' thread about praying because it didn't apply to me. However - I can bet without reading it that one side of the debate on this question got their feelees hurted. I can further bet that I know which side.

See I didn't read any other thread so IDK the history. Even if it was meant to push some buttons so what.... They're just words in a forum.

Thanks for clarifying, Andy. I retract the exlax comment:)

Back