Are You Flying on Sunday Nights 'Wolf Moon'?

Mooney Fan

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mooney Fan
I'm stoked the weather is predicted to clear. Haven't flown in (14) days and I'm starting to get cranky. Should make for some great night flying

'This one is particularly good': Total lunar eclipse of 'super blood wolf moon' Sunday
  • The moon, Earth and sun will line up this weekend for the only total lunar eclipse this year and next.
  • At the same time, the moon will be ever so closer to Earth and appear slightly bigger and brighter than usual — a supermoon.
  • The whole eclipse starts Sunday night or early Monday, depending on location, and will take about three hours.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/18/thi...-eclipse-of-super-blood-wolf-moon-sunday.html

I may be, if we get the snow cleared out from the storm. I’ll need some preheat too.

I'll be in an airplane, but as self-loading cargo. And with an aisle seat, I'll miss whatever might be seen.

Tomorrow is forecasted IMC all day here. Sunday might clear up enough to see it, if I’m lucky...

C’est la vie!

Since the moon will be turning red in celebration of the KC Chiefs win Sunday night, I won't be able to pass the 8-hr bottle to throttle test.

Yep, no chance of seeing it here. Winter Storm Harper (I think they're calling it) will have probably finished, but we'll be in the wraparound snow showers regime right around then. VERY slim chance of catching a glimpse or two through a brief break in the clouds, but that's it. Since there will be about 2 feet of snow on the ground (and the runway) by then, pretty sure I won't be flying anywhere to see it.

Too bad, I was hoping to break the ice Monday morning by asking my astronomy students how many saw the eclipse last night. Probably still will, it's good for a few snickers at least.

Back