Are these spider or insect eggs?

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
309B2104-25C4-4FD4-8CB7-9F7ECF57DC22.jpeg i suddenly have an infestation of these things hanging in and around my pool enclosure. Any of you know what it is?

Maybe s cocoon of some sort.

Burn it! Quick, before it spreads.

ps I dunno what it is

Ehhgem , uh, .........Starter beads..... Nauga.............he'll be able to identify which ones.

They are from the Bluriform order. :D

Speaking of spiders though, I was up late last night and had the flood lights on outside my slider door. A spider has built a web with attach points to each of the flood lights, the soffit, and down to a plant on the ground. With the flood light on, a bunch of the flying insects were snagged in the web.

I don't like spiders in the house, but I sat there and watched this one camp out in the center of the web and wait. And as soon as one got caught, if you blinked you missed it move to it's victim. And it's legs were a blur as they wound up the insects in silk coffins. What was really cool though was one one go caught, but didn't keep moving. The spider would pluck the web so the whole web bounced, causing the insect to move, and it dashed out to prepare another future meal. I must have sat there and watched it for 15 minutes.

Last edited:

Speaking of spiders though, I was up late last night and had the flood lights on outside my slider door. A spider has built a web with attach points to each of the flood lights, the soffit, and down to a plant on the ground. With the flood light on, a bunch of the flying insects were snagged in the web.

I don't like spiders in the house, but I sat there and watched this one camp out in the center of the web and wait. And as soon as one got caught, if you blinked you missed it move to it's victim. And it's legs were a blur as they wound up the insects in silk coffins. What was really cool though was one one go caught, but didn't keep moving. The spider would pluck the web so the whole web bounced, causing the insect to move, and it dashed out to prepare another future meal. I must have sat there and watched it for 15 minutes.

Oh, God, no.... so you’re saying they have the ability to reason? Arrrrgggg!!!

I had an orb weaver make a web in the corner of a sliding deck door a couple years ago. I generally don't like spiders, but orb weavers are an exception - they are COOL spiders.

I stood there and watched it one night for about an hour as it spun a new web. It was fascinating to watch.

The only time I've cursed an orb weaver was when I opened a door in the garage to take some trash out, and an orb weaver had spun a web right in the top of the doorway. It was dusk, I didn't see it, so walked right through it. I must have flailed around like a crazy person. I had the heebie jeebies that night wondering if the big fat spider had been in the middle of the web and had landed on my face or hair when I went through the web. Yuck!

632BDF9D-162C-4951-B295-C06F1B3887AA.jpeg
i suddenly have an infestation of these things hanging in and around my pool enclosure. Any of you know what it is?

Maybe s cocoon of some sort.

Back