are there any independent cfi's in north Atlanta area?

rbridges

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
rbridges
Sounds like a dumb question, but I live in central Georgia, but my daughter lives in Kennesaw. I'm not familiar with her area at all. I had her take an introductory flight while she was back home. I checked the rates in Canton and Cobb county, and they are almost double, but I'm only able to find flight schools. I didn't know if it would be less expensive to go through an individual with his own plane. Of course, I don't know if they are readily available in the area.

I'd also be interested in this. I'm based at 20GA, but live in north Atlanta area.

I'm always glad to help, but I am definitely not close to Kennesaw.

I don't have my own plane. I really don't know if anyone who is doing what you are looking for. It amazes me what the rates in the metro area have escalated to.

I don't have my own plane. I really don't know if anyone who is doing what you are looking for. It amazes me what the rates in the metro area have escalated to.

There are a few people in middle GA that offer it, but I didn't know if the Atlanta schools have some kind of agreement with the airport where other CFIs can't conduct business from the fields.

The Gleim directory isn't very accurate. For example, it lists only one CFI in my city & I know of at least 10 others besides myself. No, I'm not the one listed either.

Well you do have to register yourself. It doesn't access the FAA CFI registry for names IOWs.

Some of them are probably old listings perhaps, and not be applicable.

I may end up going in and asking the next time I fly into RYY. I imagine most independent CFIs don't put too much into online advertising.

I may end up going in and asking the next time I fly into RYY. I imagine most independent CFIs don't put too much into online advertising.

I don't think Superior is gonna be much help. "Independent CFI? Never heard of such a thing."

You could try Cartersville or Cherokee County. Even if you didn't find an independent CFI, the rates would be lower. From RYY to either one is probably 25 minutes, which isn't bad...

I don't think Superior is gonna be much help. "Independent CFI? Never heard of such a thing."

You could try Cartersville or Cherokee County. Even if you didn't find an independent CFI, the rates would be lower. From RYY to either one is probably 25 minutes, which isn't bad...

someone else mentioned Cherokee county. May give them a call.

Back