Are dust baths as beneficial as mud baths?

alaskan9974

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
alaskan9974
Just curious.

My mechanic recorded my plane getting hit by a mysterious dust storm today just wondering how much it benefitted it. Dust is the same as mud right?

Last edited:
Dust is just a low humidity mud. We all know that drier = more power, better lift. Dust > mud all day long. That beasty Bushwheeled tundra tank oughta just about HOVER now!

Bering Air? Maybe they're just getting ready for the annual migration of the Alaska State Bird?:eek:

Mud doesn't get ingested by your engine like dust. Normally, anyway. If it does, you probably have bigger problems.

Mud doesn't get ingested by your engine like dust. Normally, anyway. If it does, you probably have bigger problems.
I think I was madder about my control surfaces banging and hitting the stops.

Sure looked like a Bering Air Caravan.

A good dusting helps get rid of the tics, fleas and noseeums....

Actually I would be more concerned with the prop blast slamming the control surfaces around. Any thought on sending that video to Bering CP.??

Sure looked like a Bering Air Caravan.

A good dusting helps get rid of the tics, fleas and noseeums....

Actually I would be more concerned with the prop blast slamming the control surfaces around. Any thought on sending that video to Bering CP.??
I sent an email thanking the unnamed airline for a dust bath, I was expecting at least an apology. Live and learn I suppose.

Back