Are all pilots in the FAA-searchable database?

You must get the name exactly correct. Many people go by different names than their legal name (as I do.) You can search by last name and state, and get a list.

Thanks for replying, Kenny.

Yes, I made sure of their spelling. Tried just last name, put in birthday, tried with state, tried with no state. There are simply some pilot friends who are still flying (major air carriers) and are not in the data base.

The FAA persists in blatantly ignoring the federal law by not allowing pilots to opt out of the database. Further, they put information on the medical (which includes sensitive stuff about SIs) and now even basic med, that the FAA's exemption to the act does NOT allow.

One thing to be careful is that if a pilot "opts out" the FAA just deletes his mailing address. If they have a blanked address and you include any address info (such as a state name) in the query, it will not find anything.

Thanks for replying, Kenny.

Yes, I made sure of their spelling. Tried just last name, put in birthday, tried with state, tried with no state. There are simply some pilot friends who are still flying (major air carriers) and are not in the data base.

Less is more

Try just the last name and all else blank

After my pilot certificate was revoked in 2005 as a result of the Operation Safe Pilot fiasco, my name and information were deleted from the airman registry database. When I was issued a new certificate in 2006 after going through the recertification process, I showed up again in the database. I let my 3rd class special issuance medical expire and for ten years flew as a sport pilot using my valid driver license in lieu of a medical, and I was still in the database showing my 2006 medical issue date. In May, 2017, I did the BasicMed thing and that now shows up in the database displaying the dates of my CMEC exam with my physician and the most recent medical self-assessment course completion.

The FAA persists in blatantly ignoring the federal law by not allowing pilots to opt out of the database.

So my question is: Why are some pilots I know not in the database? One I'm thinking of is an active pilot for AA in Miami.

If you work /worked /fly /flew for certain government agencies, you are not in the database.
If you were or are in witness protection, you are not in the database.

My original CFI is listed, and he passed away a number of years ago. Nothing more permanent than listing in a government database.

So my question is: Why are some pilots I know not in the database? One I'm thinking of is an active pilot for AA in Miami.
Are you sure you searched for him without specifying a city/state/zip code?

Are you using the official airman registry interface?

I've been trying for nearly 20 years to get the FAA to stop illegally disseminating my certificate information without avail.

I believe you can opt out of the search, but you have to create an account to do it. I know I did it at one time and I do not show up in the airman inquiry search.

I believe you can opt out of the search, but you have to create an account to do it. I know I did it at one time and I do not show up in the airman inquiry search.
Is your middle name Eugene? If so you are there. As far as I know, the only thing the FAA allows you to opt out of now matter how you make the request, is having your snail mail address listed.

Is your middle name Eugene? If so you are there. As far as I know, the only thing the FAA allows you to opt out of now matter how you make the request, is having your snail mail address listed.

Nope, not Eugene.

Back