Approach Changes to KSNA (Orange County, CA)?

Ravioli

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Unwanted Guest - Perma-ban Pending
My brother lives in Orange, CA, under the approach corridor to RWY20R. He's lived in that same house for about 20 years.

He called the other day to ask if the approaches to KSNA had been changed recently. Apparently it's the "first world problem de jour" in their community.

So, for any of you real pilots and/or real controllers in the know about that airspace, has there been a change?

Thanks!

I can't say anything about SNA but I do know that there are similar complaints going on all over the country right now due to changes in approach and departure paths. Some folks near CLT and even in my neighborhood which is a ways off from CLT are crying about it. Most of it is unwarranted.

My brother lives in Orange, CA, under the approach corridor to RWY20R. He's lived in that same house for about 20 years.

He called the other day to ask if the approaches to KSNA had been changed recently. Apparently it's the "first world problem de jour" in their community.

So, for any of you real pilots and/or real controllers in the know about that airspace, has there been a change?

Thanks!

I dunno other than there were some ‘creative’ SIDS that were being talked about awhile back. Ask him if it’s departures that he’s hearing. And if it’s happening all the time. I don’t think they use Rwy 2 there very often

I don’t think they use Rwy 2 there very often

yah, with those on-shore winds 20 is the norm. Really only during the Santa Ana Winds would they flip that field. (like LAX rarely flips, and I used to live under the approach corridor to there when I was in La Habra)

Yes...then entire LA basin routing has been updated. Google "Los Angeles Metroplex"...this has been a long time in planning and execution.

The changes have been to the SIDs and STARs, not really the approaches themselves. A lot of people have been complaining about some of the SIDs, in particular.

Took this photo Wednesday. You can see where all the whiners live in relation to the departure.
5c098db2eb6c69dde10ad985aaa9b6f7.jpg

Back