Approach Changes to KSNA (Orange County, CA)?

Discussion in 'Change to my Frequency...' started by Ravioli, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Ravioli

Ravioli Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Pasta Man
    My brother lives in Orange, CA, under the approach corridor to RWY20R. He's lived in that same house for about 20 years.

He called the other day to ask if the approaches to KSNA had been changed recently. Apparently it's the "first world problem de jour" in their community.

So, for any of you real pilots and/or real controllers in the know about that airspace, has there been a change?

Thanks!

2. SkyDog58

SkyDog58 Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Old dog w/o new tricks
    I can't say anything about SNA but I do know that there are similar complaints going on all over the country right now due to changes in approach and departure paths. Some folks near CLT and even in my neighborhood which is a ways off from CLT are crying about it. Most of it is unwarranted.

3. luvflyin

luvflyin Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Luvflyin
    I dunno other than there were some ‘creative’ SIDS that were being talked about awhile back. Ask him if it’s departures that he’s hearing. And if it’s happening all the time. I don’t think they use Rwy 2 there very often

4. Ravioli

Ravioli Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Pasta Man
    yah, with those on-shore winds 20 is the norm. Really only during the Santa Ana Winds would they flip that field. (like LAX rarely flips, and I used to live under the approach corridor to there when I was in La Habra)

5. Shawn

Shawn En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Shawn
    Yes...then entire LA basin routing has been updated. Google "Los Angeles Metroplex"...this has been a long time in planning and execution.

6. Plano Pilot

Plano Pilot Pre-takeoff checklist

Display Name:

Display name:
    Plano Pilot